General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, gladi said:

@Lys and @Yatagarasu will let you know that I do it all for the pat-pats and the \oo/'s respectively. And then sometimes you do things out of genuine appreciation and desire to support things or people. What is true about Max is that he's been paying attention to Yuzuru, and praising him on the record as early as WC 2010. When discussing the Japanese men's field, the Dai's, Nobu's, Taka's, "And I would add Hanyu, junior world champion, we will see him next season among seniors, an amazing talent."

Random, but I'd sincerely be surprised if anyone could doubt that all those hours and hours of work you put into your amazing translations could come from anything else but a genuine appreciation of Yuzu and his skating, and you are not our fandom hero for nothing *pat-pat and \oo/*

Just a good situation for a general thank you, so thank you Gladi! :10742289:

And as someone who also adores Max and his impressive knowledge of and smile causing enthusiasm for the sport, I'd like to agree that I doubt any form of appreciation he shows towards Yuzu is related to getting clicks or likes or hits. He has praised Yuzu before most of us here even knew he existed, and has continuously done so. He also often enough talks about other skating stuff, throws out a lot of non-Yuzu-related stuff and has strong and clear opinions - if you just look at what he likes in general, him being a Yuzu fan just kind of follows. And he reeeaaally seems to love Eteri and all her girls - does that also just give him clicks, given how often Evgenia & co get attacked rather then praised? So far I think I've actually seen more tweets from him focusing on the Russian junior/senior ladies then Yuzu. So as much as I believe that a big number of commentators/journalists/whatever do it with some ulterior motives, Max isn't one of them.

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Why would anyone dislike him? :dry:

I know quite a few people who hate him... for whatever reasons. Mostly because he stole their favourites' titles. :) 

So... I'd be happy with most people liking him! 

48 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

This is from a couple pages back, but if you'd like a little more in depth on Yuzu's account of what happened here's a brief summary/translation done by yuzusorbet from Aoi Hono 2

I love him! :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

Even if they dislike him for whatever reason, they have to respect him for his passion, motivation, integrity and so many more. 

I was about to jump in to protect Max, head of the "Ambesi defense squad", but you've all already said what had to be said xD I'm gonna go to sleep and tomorrow evening listen to his and Angelo's podcast. And also, tonight I dreamed Yuzu. It was awesome. This comment is useless. Sorry. Ignore me.