General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 2 horas, Xen said:

I could also see something for Spain if Javi comes into play, since I think he's sympathetic to the goals of Javi in promoting skating in Spain. Then there's the training camps and seminars that might be held at TCC or the annual ones that Javi hosts. So it's unlikely he'd fade off the planet. 

Javi, I am counting you! Bring Yuzu to Spain, please!

The last 10 pages made me really sad, I mean the JSF talk. I can possibly understand why they are doing what they are doing, but aren't they limiting the freedom of expression this way? The same goes for controlling the number of banners for each skater.

Fortunately, we have plenty of SNS which no skating federation can control.     

ETA #WeLoveYouYuzu

5 hours ago, katonice said:

It's sad to hear this, but I also think it's because the JSF would also like to give their other skaters a chance to shine. It would be equally bad if they were seen as neglecting their other athletes. As long as it doesn't move into more underhanded territory than that, then I guess I can live with what JSF are trying to do here. 

This is misleading. People's love for some certain thing cannot be explained. I love what I love no one can force me to love something I do not like.

JSF or any other entity CAN NOT force the fans to love skaters they do not care.

Just like ISU CAN NOT force Yuna's fans to pay for competitions she does not attend. Because of Yuna, they spent time and money for her, it's their feelings and their time/money, who can force anyone to invest all those things for something they do not like?

If not for Yuzuru, many people here would have never invested all their emotions, time and money for skating in general, that is the truth. Many of my friends would never spend thousands of USD to fly around the world to see skaters who are not Yuzuru. 

I love someone there is no need to explain and justify my love, and no one can force me to love things they hope I will love. JSF has done enough to promote all the skaters they can, the fact is that if they want to slow down Yuzuru's fans just to make people have a feeling that all skaters are loved... is WRONG and naive. Some people are just loved more and there is this fact it can not be changed.

Anyway, Yuzuru is fine with all of this so I am fine. As long as he is practicing already and staying healthy, all the storm in Japan can just go to hell. 

5 часов назад, yuzuangel сказал:

Well not just that, but Japanese shows pay more + are easier for him if he lives in Japan. I don't think Stars on Ice or whatever can afford to take him on nor would they want to, North Americans/Europeans seem to pretend he doesn't exist sometimes.

I remember there was info that next summer Stephane wants to invite Yuzu and other famous skaters to his show - that would be great really and I think Yuzu can agree to his invitation.

5 часов назад, Hydroblade сказал:

If he stays for 2019 i have to be there. The plane can crash on the way back and i wouldn't care, i would have fulfilled my lifelong dream of visiting Japan and would have watched him skate for the last time (probably). And there's still Vancouver next year. As much as i would like to deny it, i don't feel like he will keep on going after 2019. Again, i hope i'm wrong.

I feel like I'm ready to save money for WC 2019 all year long just to go to Japan in spring + to see FS (but seeing how situation with tickets gone this year :slinkaway:)

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

I feel like I'm ready to save money for WC 2019 all year long just to go to Japan in spring + to see FS (but seeing how situation with tickets gone this year :slinkaway:)

Omg it didn't even click that it would be spring. It's going to be so expensive. :13877886: Even booking accommodation 6th months in advance can be a battle if you don't want to stay in inconvenient or super expensive places (maybe if you're okay with hostels or airbnb it will be okay.) Then to have the Yuzu rush on top of that... :13877886: JAPAN, WHY YOU STRESS ME OUT SO MUCH?!

At least they will have all event passes for foreigners for WC (unless they've changed their minds since last time) so we won't have to travel all the way for 5-10 minutes on only one day (I know it's worth watching other skaters but like so many I would never think of paying so much or travelling internationally to see them.)

Hace 1 hora, meoima said:

This is misleading. People's love for some certain thing cannot be explained. I love what I love no one can force me to love something I do not like.

JSF or any other entity CAN NOT force the fans to love skaters they do not care.

Just like ISU CAN NOT force Yuna's fans to pay for competitions she does not attend. Because of Yuna, they spent time and money for her, it's their feelings and their time/money, who can force anyone to invest all those things for something they do not like?

If not for Yuzuru, many people here would have never invested all their emotions, time and money for skating in general, that is the truth. Many of my friends would never spend thousands of USD to fly around the world to see skaters who are not Yuzuru. 

I love someone there is no need to explain and justify my love, and no one can force me to love things they hope I will love. JSF has done enough to promote all the skaters they can, the fact is that if they want to slow down Yuzuru's fans just to make people have a feeling that all skaters are loved... is WRONG and naive. Some people are just loved more and there is this fact it can not be changed.

Anyway, Yuzuru is fine with all of this so I am fine. As long as he is practicing already and staying healthy, all the storm in Japan can just go to hell. 

I agree with every word, you have said it better than I ever could.