General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, meoima said:

What makes my friend puzzled is that, Orser told one media that Yuzuru's knee in pain. Then he told another media In this case NHK) that Yuzuru's ok. And the English version of the news (Kyodo) quote Yuzuru saying he's ok. So what is happening there? Did Yuzuru tell Brian not to tell the media further? Will Yuzuru listen to Brian's suggestion and simplify his layout? We do not know if Yuzuru would listen to Brian's suggestion though. I hope he will.

You know, I was feeling fairly relaxed before this post, thinking everything was fine, it was a minor thing, and a strategy was worked out in advance. Now you're worrying me that Yuzu will just gung-ho and try his full layout. This is no longer reassuring! 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

You know, I was feeling fairly relaxed before this post, thinking everything was fine, it was a minor thing, and a strategy was worked out in advance. Now you're worrying me that Yuzu will just gung-ho and try his full layout. This is no longer reassuring! 

Hopefully Yuzuru will take Orser's suggestion. That's all. It is just a senior B, no need to bring it all to a competition like this. I am not worried yet. 

1 minute ago, meoima said:

Hopefully Yuzuru will take Orser's suggestion. That's all. It is just a senior B, no need to bring it all to a competition like this. I am not worried yet. 

I'll save my worrying for after his first practice reports. :13877886:

3 minutes ago, wombat-poodle said:

I'm slightly frustrated what the media will make of a watered down first outing - especially compared to Nathan and Shoma - but it can't be helped. Yuzuru MUST rest. 

I mean they really should have no excuse to compare it negatively to Nathan who also did a watered down version (technically) of his programs but you know they will.. :yznotimpressed:

...I want to believe Brian and Hanyu have reached a consensus with one another. Brian seems very happy with the way his relationship with his student has finally unfolded in recent interviews while in older interviews, he's always been more reserved and less comfortable with talking about his relationship with this particular student when it comes to communication. And even if Hanyu is bullishly set with his ideas, he's never not at least given Brian a heads up first. One that's long enough before a competition for Brian and him to at least be able to discuss it over first. Hanyu has always been wilful but he's never been disrespectful*. It's something that even Eteri Tutberidze envied all his coaches for (she used a different term that's not exactly accurate but I think this is what she was really seeing).

Also, Hanyu is all about moving forward with the lessons he's learned. What some of you are worrying about is that he hasn't learned his lesson and is going backwards by doing what he's always done. He's never done that. Not when he's already shown signs of progress. Even Tracy has acknowledged that and seems very happy with where Hanyu is at now. So I want to believe that Brian and Hanyu have an evil master plan and rubbing their hands in glee. Together. With Tracy shaking her head in resignation in the background but affectionately becoming a willing accomplice anyway.

One other thing, the media has no power over an athlete. Not if the athlete doesn't let it.

*thinks of the time he pulled a face at Brian that would have earned him a box to the ear had it been a less patient adult he pulled it at*  ...okay, he's never disrespectul when it really counts anyway. That was just a playful and cheeky moment. >_< And it shows the amount of comfort and leeway Brian allows him. I like to think that little positive sapling has grown into a beautiful tree that is their current relationship as student and coach. ^v^ It hasn't been the smoothest of rides but the journey to the most beautiful destinations very seldom is. I really hope they're more or less there now and all the worry I see here is unfounded.

Yuzu always skates his FS at 1st practice so we will find out soon if he indeed water down his layout. I think he won't change his SP layout. This is the least important comp of the season, I hope it won't worsen his knee pain. Media can do whatever they want, 5 quads or easier layout, they can always find negative thing. Ignore them. The 1st priority right now is his health, not those blah blah things come out in newspaper later.

19 minutes ago, meoima said:

The point is will he reduce the difficulty because in the news quoting Orser, it was more of a suggestion from Orser, not Yuzuru's decision.

The Japanese translation of his quote said something like "Due to my decision he will simplify his program a little bit and face the first competition." So it sounds like he decided for Yuzu and Yuzu agreed. Though, again, who knows what was said in English. I don't think he'd say that and risk embarrassment when his student ignores him, though. I also don't think Yuzu would be too happy having such things announced if they hadn't both come to the same conclusion. 

Anyway, let's all wait and see how he goes. I think now more than ever he'll be looking after himself to make sure he's in perfect shape for the Olympics. :snpeace:

32 minutes ago, Katt said:

Yuzu always skates his FS at 1st practice so we will find out soon if he indeed water down his layout. I think he won't change his SP layout. This is the least important comp of the season, I hope it won't worsen his knee pain. Media can do whatever they want, 5 quads or easier layout, they can always find negative thing. Ignore them. The 1st priority right now is his health, not those blah blah things come out in newspaper later.

I just hope competing at ACI won't worsen the pain and that he can rest after it and get healthy as soon as possible. His health comes first, everything else is secondary.

And yes, media always finds something negative so the best thing is just ignore them completely.

7 часов назад, AsteroidB-612 сказал:

He is there!! gosh he looks so dashing in all black:smiley-love017:

Looks fabulous! Seems like  our boy has matured a little more since Worlds :10636614:

7 часов назад, robin сказал:

It's getting real :10636614:

He looks great, nice haircut, too :10636614:

Nice hair after the flight! :laughing: