General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, SSS said:

It is a shame that 17WC H&L is not included :(

It's a SCANDAL (quote)

6 minutes ago, SSS said:

OMG Yuzu's skating skills improved a lot! even I can tell. But I feel like as a judge if you have more points to give(6.0 vs 5 10s), it is harder to give full mark. That's why I love Max's "HUGE difference"

Max just tells it like it is while everyone else in ISU has their tails between their legs. And since most of the highest rank ISU officials are Italian currently... they better be listenin'.

A qualification of what comprises a perfect 100.  Too many people are thinking that it involves a best ever skating performance.   That is, in my opinion, a misapprehension.  A perfect 100 should properly be applied to the SPECIFIC program being performed.  In short, could any performance of this particular routine be better.  That, in my opinion, is what a perfect skate would be.  As far as some elements, such as choreography and musicality and such, they should be seen in terms of their fusion into an artistically satisfying whole.  When I was in graduate school working for my doctorate in English, my area of specialization was literary and critical theory, and one of the major issues I dealt with on an almost daily basis was how do we distinguish the great literature from the not so great and the pure trash.  This is where the element of relativity in aesthetic judgment comes into play.  People would say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, say that we cannot define what is beautiful, yet it is difficult to maintain that all beauty is simply relative.  There is an anecdote about the English painter William Turner, who is famous for the absolutely fantastic, almost surreal sunsets he depicts in so many of his paintings, where a woman is looking at one of his paintings and says she's never seen a sunset like that.  His reply was simply - But Madame, don't you wish you had.  It's just like the total solar eclipse I witnessed last month.  There was no way I could say that what I was looking at as the sun completely vanished and the corona was seen and, since I was out in an open field, another aspect of total eclipses not generally known, I could also see along the horizon in every direction the colors of a sunset, well, the beauty of the experience could not be denied.  On that basis I think it possible that the judges could come to the unanimous conclusion that given the combination of music, choreography and performance, nothing could be better.  That, as I see it, is what would garner a perfect 100.  In short, every thing comes together and nobody could think there could be a better realization of this.  In short we are seeing a William Turner sunset.

6 minutes ago, micaelis said:

On that basis I think it possible that the judges could come to the unanimous conclusion that given the combination of music, choreography and performance, nothing could be better.  That, as I see it, is what would garner a perfect 100.  In short, every thing comes together and nobody could think there could be a better realization of this.

It has to be a magic moment though, for the judges to 'surrender themselves to the perfection of the sunset', so to speak! Because some judges are less sensitive to masterpieces than one would think, so I get why some people here are doubtful of the chances of such a perfect moment to actually happen. 

I do believe it is all in Yuzuru's hands though. If he does what he wants to do, he will create exactly that moment, maybe more than just one, and his sunset won't be denied. I do believe, like you, that Yuzuru is the only one capable to deserve a perfect 100 right now. He's simply and objectively the only athlete who is at the top on every element. 

42 minutes ago, SSS said:

It is a shame that 17WC H&L is not included :(

It's in 5th place on best PCS. I just posted Top 10 tables in here, because I was bored, if anyone wants to check exactly how Yuzu stacks up in terms of PCS, TES and GOE:

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

In short, could any performance of this particular routine be better.  That, in my opinion, is what a perfect skate would be. 

That's not really how skating is judged though. It's about satisfying all conditions under the rules to the maximum extent, and then on top of that, overcoming things like skating order (because it matters), politicking, etc. 

Then there is the issue of a free skate with 5 quads where by simple numbers, the program will suffer. Yuzuru or not, even he has to make room for those jumps.

So as a whole to get a 100 PCS in the FS is highly, highly unlikely (also don't confuse 6.0 with this; totally different systems). I'd say it is more likely to approach the maximum in PCS in the Short Program, and he already has but you'd have to have all the judges hit those 10s or at least just one needs to be off and that is a tall order. I'd not say impossible but not that far off. You would need the best skate in the history of figure skating to get those. Olympics alone may offer sufficient conditions to get the judges to go that far, but still, I am very, very, very skeptical. 

6 hours ago, xeyra said:

And two of the Top 3 FS PCS:

Yuzu - 98.56 (ISU Grand Prix Final 2015/16)

Javi - 98.36 (ISU World Championships 2016)

Yuzu - 97.20 (ISU NHK 2015)

*still bitter for that 97.08 in Helsinki*:salty::tantrum::animated-smileys-angry-028::smiley-angry020::smiley-angry013::animated-smileys-angry-033::97:

LOL I was just waiting for an excuse to use all the angry emoticons, it's oddly soothing to stare at them all lined up for a few...minutes...I'm laughing at myself right now:tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:

About Yuzu wearing glasses (LOL, I know it was pages ago :P), iirc a while ago the subject was discussed at lenght and the consensus was he needed them for reading at least, but likely his sight is good enough (not perfect but still good?) to allow him to skate without needing lenses. Or he may be wearing contact lenses, there are types which can be custom made and can be used for winter sports too, but I don't think that's the case.

btw, as someone has said before, there are a lot of skaters who use glasses (though I don't know if their percentage is statistically larger than that for average population), it may be linked to the glaring of the ice. I think even Shoma has been seen wearing glasses recently too, right?

About Yuzu and his (lack of) fashion style: it's adorable funny that Yuzuru doesn't care about what he wears, as long as it isn't an hindrance :laughing: while he is so fastidious about other things instead. The guy has his priorities:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

*thanks all the skating gods that Yuzu feels so comfortable in UA*

*but wipes a little thinking about all the missed fitting suits...*

*and laughs at that too. It's just part of Yuzu's charm being so...strange*

:tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

Don't know if this has been posted yet (probably?) but the JP TV broadcast for Chopin - glad we could see more of the K&C

Is this the best version of 112.72?

I know there are two versions one is the 720p so-called HD version...I don't know why I like that one better, maybe because the camera somehow shoot more entire body instead of just top part of body, but I don't know why 720p is soooo bad... so blurry... The other version is this one. It does have better color..but still blurry....I also got a ts of the first version, blurry..crying for sad quality video of 112.72...

3 hours ago, kaerb said:

Don't know if this has been posted yet (probably?) but the JP TV broadcast for Chopin - glad we could see more of the K&C

Japan... you have failed me. I wished they just showed their own entire camerawork instead of splicing it with Skate Canada's broadcast. You can clearly see the better quality of the light and angle of the JPN camerawork. I can't believe we have to watch this masterpiece in this lighting... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Japan... you have failed me. I wished they just showed their own entire camerawork instead of splicing it with Skate Canada's broadcast. You can clearly see the better quality of the light and angle of the JPN camerawork. I can't believe we have to watch this masterpiece in this lighting... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Let’s all complain very noisily again. It worked for FaOI, right?