General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, meoima said:

Mostly he will get a lady who can cook for him like his mum... I guess 

Is it a naive hope that one day Yuzu will learn how to cook I think...

20 minutes ago, dreamelena said:

Aaahhhh the full sass unleashed at FaoI we could never forget.. :laughing: he definitely enjoyed it like no other..

Trying to catch up this weekend (I'm finally free.. for now).

Watching ACI Chopin once again... what a beauty. That 4T-3T is just... uuurrrgghhh... :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

I just watched 3.0 10 times and accidentally clicked some 104 program (no need to count crossover...) seriously...Huge difference...Max...:10742289: Chopin is so special...I feel bad that 2.0 is not my favorite chopin anymore lol.

And I noticed Yuzu breathed so fast at beginning of Chopin, why...

Just now, SSS said:

Is it a naive hope that one day Yuzu will learn how to cook I think...

I just watched 3.0 10 times and accidentally clicked some 104 program (no need to count crossover...) seriously...Huge difference...Max...:10742289: Chopin is so special...I feel bad that 2.0 is not my favorite chopin anymore lol.

And I noticed Yuzu breathed so fast at beginning of Chopin, why...

1) Yuzu I think could potentially mess up instant ramen....I can imagine that. Maybe we can start small, like teaching him how to boil eggs. If he's determined, I'm sure he can master cooking fast-then again I do know guys who are great at a specific field well into their 40's and 50's, live alone and still cannot cook.

2) I love Chopin 3.0 too. Chopin is my favorite short program of his, and to see it live was such a blessing, and a WR breaker version at that! I think he was breathing fast due to nerves perhaps?  After all, he hadn't practiced for a week...

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yuzu I think could potentially mess up instant ramen....I can imagine that. Maybe we can start small, like teaching him how to boil eggs. If he's determined, I'm sure he can master cooking fast-then again I do know guys who are great at a specific field well into their 40's and 50's, live alone and still cannot cook.

Hey, he has a technique for tamagokakegohan! He's not completely useless when it comes to preparing food :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

2) I love Chopin 3.0 too. Chopin is my favorite short program of his, and to see it live was such a blessing, and a WR breaker version at that! I think he was breathing fast due to nerves perhaps?  After all, he hadn't practiced for a week...

I never noticed such huge difference before...It was just not beautiful or beautiful..maybe more...but this is the first time I clearly understood the huge difference...I improved hahaha:embSwan:

2015GPF version also had fast breath

22 minutes ago, katonice said:

I do believe this is just the kind of thing Zuzu would appreciate...

If you guys do get married, please don't forget us, your constant supply of Zuzu anecdotes and autographed anything would forever keep us in your debt. 

:rofl:first thing I'd do would be to look for an allergy friendly cat. I love cats but I get a terrible itchy nose near them, and some cats cause rashes on my skin if they lick me. But we would find the perfect cat and I'd send you tons of videos of Zuzu playing with  said cat.

Bonus! His mother wouldn't have to worry about his asthma because I'm allergic to a ton of stuff/was asthmatic so our house would be allergy and asthma friendly!! 

13 minutes ago, kaerb said:

'There were really primary school children and pre-schoolers/kindergarteners saying 'I will marry Hanyu-senshuu'.'

Everyone go home, we can't win against cute children

We all LOSE against cute children.:smiley-laughing021:

Yep, not starting this ship again...

5 minutes ago, kaerb said:

'There were really primary school children and pre-schoolers/kindergarteners saying 'I will marry Hanyu-senshuu'.'

Everyone go home, we can't win against cute children

he grew up...:knc_brian3:why do I have a Mom feeling...not good...:knc_brian3:

42 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:rofl:first thing I'd do would be to look for an allergy friendly cat. I love cats but I get a terrible itchy nose near them, and some cats cause rashes on my skin if they lick me. But we would find the perfect cat and I'd send you tons of videos of Zuzu playing with  said cat.

Bonus! His mother wouldn't have to worry about his asthma because I'm allergic to a ton of stuff/was asthmatic so our house would be allergy and asthma friendly!! 

Oh yes, Zuzu+cat photos please! Those are rare indeed! I approve of this marriage. And sounds like Mama Hanyu will have lots to approve too ;)

there is a place for shipping that isn't this thread. I hate to be that person but even joking about shipping a 22 year old man with 15-17 year old girls kinda squiks me. Sorry.

I like to imagine that Yuzu isn't totally useless as basic survival skills but I had an aunt that couldn't cook anything at all until she was like 25 :|  (which blows my mind since my parents made both me and my brother cook for the family once a week since we were like twelve?)

as for allergy/asthma friendly pets, if fur is a problem...I am planning on getting a lil' baby pet snake hahahaha 

9 時間前, micaelisさんが言いました:

A qualification of what comprises a perfect 100.  Too many people are thinking that it involves a best ever skating performance.   That is, in my opinion, a misapprehension.  A perfect 100 should properly be applied to the SPECIFIC program being performed.  In short, could any performance of this particular routine be better.  That, in my opinion, is what a perfect skate would be.  As far as some elements, such as choreography and musicality and such, they should be seen in terms of their fusion into an artistically satisfying whole.  When I was in graduate school working for my doctorate in English, my area of specialization was literary and critical theory, and one of the major issues I dealt with on an almost daily basis was how do we distinguish the great literature from the not so great and the pure trash.  This is where the element of relativity in aesthetic judgment comes into play.  People would say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, say that we cannot define what is beautiful, yet it is difficult to maintain that all beauty is simply relative.  There is an anecdote about the English painter William Turner, who is famous for the absolutely fantastic, almost surreal sunsets he depicts in so many of his paintings, where a woman is looking at one of his paintings and says she's never seen a sunset like that.  His reply was simply - But Madame, don't you wish you had.  It's just like the total solar eclipse I witnessed last month.  There was no way I could say that what I was looking at as the sun completely vanished and the corona was seen and, since I was out in an open field, another aspect of total eclipses not generally known, I could also see along the horizon in every direction the colors of a sunset, well, the beauty of the experience could not be denied.  On that basis I think it possible that the judges could come to the unanimous conclusion that given the combination of music, choreography and performance, nothing could be better.  That, as I see it, is what would garner a perfect 100.  In short, every thing comes together and nobody could think there could be a better realization of this.  In short we are seeing a William Turner sunset.

9 時間前, Murieleirumさんが言いました:

It has to be a magic moment though, for the judges to 'surrender themselves to the perfection of the sunset', so to speak! Because some judges are less sensitive to masterpieces than one would think, so I get why some people here are doubtful of the chances of such a perfect moment to actually happen. 

I do believe it is all in Yuzuru's hands though. If he does what he wants to do, he will create exactly that moment, maybe more than just one, and his sunset won't be denied. I do believe, like you, that Yuzuru is the only one capable to deserve a perfect 100 right now. He's simply and objectively the only athlete who is at the top on every element. 

8 時間前, Yatagarasuさんが言いました:

That's not really how skating is judged though. It's about satisfying all conditions under the rules to the maximum extent, and then on top of that, overcoming things like skating order (because it matters), politicking, etc. 

Then there is the issue of a free skate with 5 quads where by simple numbers, the program will suffer. Yuzuru or not, even he has to make room for those jumps.

So as a whole to get a 100 PCS in the FS is highly, highly unlikely (also don't confuse 6.0 with this; totally different systems). I'd say it is more likely to approach the maximum in PCS in the Short Program, and he already has but you'd have to have all the judges hit those 10s or at least just one needs to be off and that is a tall order. I'd not say impossible but not that far off. You would need the best skate in the history of figure skating to get those. Olympics alone may offer sufficient conditions to get the judges to go that far, but still, I am very, very, very skeptical. 

I dunno about the minute specifics of the technical aspect of giving scores but as far as subjectivity goes, if the circumstances required all line up and Hanyu skates SEIMEI clean in typical Hanyu fashion, I think the nature of the program itself, as well as that of the SP, may help nudge the judges into trusting their heart and senses and simply take the plunge.

If he gets high pcs for Chopin, which is a western piece, there's a good chance seeing the same skater perform an asian piece as the LP with a commanding percussion line to enforce the image of majesty into the minds of even the most culturally ignorant, and with the double treat of the skater also actually hailing from the same foreign culture, will make them feel that if there's ever a perfect time to go all out, it'd be now.

Because if they hold back, they may very well find themselves regretting it later as the decision they should have made when they had the chance as a judge lucky enough to experience that once in their tenure where so many never get to in their entire tenure as judges. It would have been such a perfect YOLO moment for them.

But only if Hanyu manages to skate both his programs clean at the Games, that is, 5 quads or no.  I say this because he's the only one for whom the 4T and 4S need so little prep and have so many transitions going into and out of them they look like triples* so if he only uses those two and a 4Lo to build a 5-quad program, the performance will be very much less likely to suffer. I mean, he probably won't go for it but I'm just saying if he wanted to build a 5-quad program without sacrificing any aspects of his performance, he can.

*I enjoy everything Ambesi says because I find his words enlightening. But I disagree with him when he says Chan looks as good as Hanyu when he manages to execute his 4T perfectly. I don't mean Chan's quads, when done well, are less perfect than Hanyu's, but due to differences in body structure and jumping techniques, their jumps just don't look the same. I'd more readily compare Chan with Fernandez, since the latter also has beautiful jumps, because to me, they have the same kind of visible heft/power to their lift during take-off and heavier feel to their landings so when they jump their quads, you cannot mistake them for triples. Which I suppose why some find that their overall style more traditionally "masculine"  than Hanyu's. Because more visible effort = more show of power to the naked eye and the less experienced mind. Hanyu is the epitome of less is more in his final presentation but doing so much more behind the scenes to achieve that effect.  If anyone can do a 5-quad program and still earn full pcs, it's gotta be him.

1 時間前, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

Hey, he has a technique for tamagokakegohan! He's not completely useless when it comes to preparing food :rofl:

Soy sauce before the egg. Make sure to mix it well enough to coat every grain of rice before pouring the egg over. That's the golden rule. Thou shalt not break it lest thou suffer the misfortune of a mediocre experience of a simple but most hearty meal.