General Yuzuru Chat

On 10/18/2021 at 2:53 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

That's because "Super Slam" isn't something officially acknowledged or awarded by the ISU, it's a sports journalism/fan term. It's still a huge big fantastic and amazing thing to have achieved. 

Yes, I learnt from this forum that Super Slam is not an official ISU title. Perhaps it was you who kindly shared this info previously? Nevertheless, this noteworthy achievement can be simply stated, “With his win at Four Continents 2020, Yuzuru becomes the only Men's Single skater to win all the current major junior-level and senior-level international competitions.”.  Similar career highlights of other athletes eg. Yuna Kim should be included in their bios too.

Guest Mary_kyo

Yuzu is so vague about the status of 4A but my guess is that he has finally found a right technic/formulation to “do” the jump and he is training his body in “applying” the technic “consistently”. Probably he has to balance a lot of details to rotate it and doing that consistently is very demanding physically and mentally. But I highly believe that he is landing it. I’m not sure if he will be ready to try it in the competitions for NHK tho, but we might see it in practices.:scratch3: The prophecy in 2016 said “a 27 years old skater will be the first to land 4A”, so in GPF? :)

But can you imagine him finally landing it… It will be the most iconic moment in the history of FS ever. Winning Beijing will be very negligible compared to that, especially because Yuzu has won twice already. I pray he achieves this final epic goal safely and in good health.:smiley-angelic001:

A new piano SP, that only him can skate, is coming closer and closer too:yahoo:

Re: Yuzu's piano SP - Earlier (around July?) I recall that Jeff Buttle let slip that he had choreographed the SP for Yuzu which is a piano piece, but apparently it's nothing like the Chopin piece.  I can't find the original reference - perhaps someone can dig it up?   

26 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Re: Yuzu's piano SP - Earlier (around July?) I recall that Jeff Buttle let slip that he had choreographed the SP for Yuzu which is a piano piece, but apparently it's nothing like the Chopin piece.  I can't find the original reference - perhaps someone can dig it up?   

Because it's a bit older than July.:68271262:

On 10/22/2020 at 2:57 AM, yumeaki said:

The full Jeff’s interview. 

The part about the new SP is near the end of the video (though in the middle there are some mentions about Yuzu). 

AND I AM OFFICIALLY EXCITED!!! 

But what are the chance of debuting it at J nats? 

Actually I can wait... till the next season. I really NEED the bloody virus to go away so that next FS season can start normally

Off-topic but...

Ghislain Briand is doing a 10 km walk on Sunday, October 24 in support of a fundraiser organized by one of his skaters at the TCC. The skater, 17-year-old Caitlyn Kukulowicz, lost her mother to cancer last year. She has organized this charity run and walk called "Lace Up for Liz" in honour of her mom with the goal of raising funds for the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Stephane Lambiel is one of his sponsors.

https://supportthepmcf.ca/ui/LaceUp4Liz/p/d82c1aee730045caac6fbc2c4a8ccd27

7 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Off-topic but...

Ghislain Briand is doing a 10 km walk on Sunday, October 24 in support of a fundraiser organized by one of his skaters at the TCC. The skater, 17-year-old Caitlyn Kukulowicz, lost her mother to cancer last year. She has organized this charity run and walk called "Lace Up for Liz" in honour of her mom with the goal of raising funds for the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Stephane Lambiel is one of his sponsors.

I'm sorry to hear about Caitlyn's mother. I wish her, that many donations will be raised to support them in this initiative.:smiley-angelic001: It's great that Ghislain is  involved in this. 🙏

6 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Off topic but ...

Ghislain Briand is doing a 10 km walk on Sunday, October 24 to benefit a fundraiser organized by one of his skaters at TCC. Skater Caitlyn Kukulowicz, 17, lost her mother to cancer last year. She organized this charity run and walk called “Lace Up for Liz” in honor of her mother to raise funds for the Princess Margaret Cancer Center. Stéphane Lambiel is one of its sponsors.

I join Annie and I am also sad for Caitlyn's mother who must have been young, given the age of 17 of her daughter and VERY good initiative on the part of Ghislain and  :thankssign:and being himself the father of a family, this reached his heart and I really hope people will be generous, facing cancer, because I guess this money will go for research, compared to this lady's cancer and it is not an HS Geo1, it is important to inform what Ghislain and the TCC are doing for 1 of his  skaters. 

Too bad I cannot congratulate him in French, knowing that he is Canadian from Quebec .... 

Guest Mary_kyo
2 hours ago, hananistellata said:

A prophecy you say? :confused0066: Who was the prophet who said that? Is it available online? Now you got me interested. 

It was from a fun TV show in 2016 and I saw screenshots of it between Japanese fans sometime ago again. You aren’t going to believe it, right? It was predicted that a 27 years old skater will be the first land it and if I remember correctly, it was predicted to be first in a gala EX of GPF. I don’t remember who was the guy who predicted it (but apparently he had predicted Sochi gold in the past too). Was he Minoru or sth?:scratch3: I might try to find the screenshots but don’t dig into these stuffs please lol 

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

It was from a fun TV show in 2016 and I saw screenshots of it between Japanese fans sometime ago again. You aren’t going to believe it, right? It was predicted that a 27 years old skater will be the first land it and if I remember correctly, it was predicted to be first in a gala EX of GPF. I don’t remember who was the guy who predicted it (but apparently he had predicted Sochi gold in the past too). Was he Minoru or sth?:scratch3: I might try to find the screenshots but don’t dig into these stuffs please lol 

You’re getting my hopes up. And when my hopes are up I’m dangerous. The crash can be very hard :drama:

Another fancam from SOI!!

I'll put it on the SOI thread too!

(sorry if posted already)

Yuzu in that (tight) white shirt ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :13877886:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].