General Yuzuru Chat

45 minutes ago, Fay said:

I gathered he nearly changed his mind about the medical degree and was studying statistics now. 

Well, it's one thing to talk about going to medical school and a completely different animal going through the actual paces. Nathan may have read this:

Going to medical school to become a doctor is a big decision to make, so make sure you know what you are in for. Besides 4 years at Yale, there are 4 years at medical school, 4-7 years of residency, 1-2 years of fellowship, and THEN you get to practice medicine. That's a long road. Make sure it's really what YOU want to do. Dean Chang recommends that you volunteer for at least 2 years in a hospital, and get hands-on experience taking care of patients to make sure you like doing this before committing to a career in medicine.

https://science.yalecollege.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/Advice for premeds.pdf

Countless students graduate from high school convinced that they are going on a particular career path and then find themselves changing direction in University. I was one of them.

Well, if @Fay is correct and Nathan has switched career paths, I don't know whether he will retire after Beijing since the Statistics degree program at Yale seems to be less intensive compared to becoming a doctor.

I've found dailymotion version of Yuma.
I can't find Live News α 20210315 (Yuzuru) and 20210318 (Shoma) without geoblock yet.

27:54 Yuma Kagiyama (Yuzu part included)

EDIT:

I've found 20210315 (Yuzuru).

It's already posted here with twitter version, but anyway, from 22:22.

Earthquake intensity was 5 in Sendai on the Japanese scale of 8, which measures swaying, movement, etc.  It was magnitude 7.3at the epicenter off the coast of Miyagi prefecture, at a depth of 80 km. As mentioned above, there was a 1-m tsunami warning.  Must be very scary for everyone up there. Wonder if this is another aftershock or a new quake.

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Hasn’t he said as much? He wants to get his medical degree. Before he even gets to apply to medical school, he has to complete his four years of undergraduate. How far along is he at Yale? I thought that he has been taking a break from his studies in order to work exclusively on his skating in order to prepare for Worlds and the Olympics.

Well he would have retired had he won in Pyeongchang so it's a fair point to believe he will do so if he wins Beijing. Plus, as you said, he has his degree to complete, which he postponed to prepare for the Olys.