General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

I’m obviously no expert, but I’m guessing bulking for the 4A would probably involve his lower body as well! There’s a TV program from a while ago that included this hologram thing and they told Yuzu he has to jump 17cm higher to achieve his 4A haha so I guess to achieve that much more height in the jump he would need more strength in his legs, probably the quadriceps.

And of course he has been bulking his upper body as he needs more pectoralis strength to pull in the arms faster and stronger :) 

That makes lots of sense, but I just can't imagine how he could possibly add more muscle to his legs. He already has so much there! :love:

42 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

I got curious about this and accdg to this article it was the pyeongchang team disbandment ceremony. It was a segment of Going! sports & news on march 24, 2018 if the google translate is correct. Now I just need to find that news report.

That's the one! Thank you!

3 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

I’m obviously no expert, but I’m guessing bulking for the 4A would probably involve his lower body as well! There’s a TV program from a while ago that included this hologram thing and they told Yuzu he has to jump 17cm higher to achieve his 4A haha so I guess to achieve that much more height in the jump he would need more strength in his legs, probably the quadriceps.

And of course he has been bulking his upper body as he needs more pectoralis strength to pull in the arms faster and stronger :) 

"Well it's only 17 centimeters..." :hihi:

And to think that he was thinking that way back in 2017. Who looks at a holographic projection of themselves doing a superhuman feat and thinks, "Oh yeah, not so bad, I can do that for sure!" Only Yuzu. 

56 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That makes lots of sense, but I just can't imagine how he could possibly add more muscle to his legs. He already has so much there! :love:

Here is Ivan Vassiliev. Haters reproach him not to be able to close a fifth position, well, it is just that his thighs are too thick. His more impressive variation is from 2:05 (he's probably never heard about Isaac Newton).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVrMnuSdvRw

Or, more artistic, with a Japanese mother, and only 19, now dancing with Mariinsky, Aaron Osawa-Horowitz. He had two years at the Vaganova school (the feeding school for Mariinsky) in Nikolay Tsiskaridze's (GOAT ballet dancer) own class, at the end of the first year he was still unable to do those series of pirouettes (spins) with the leg at 90°. You can see the progression (this step is from 1:45 on the following video, and again from 7:55).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSyCNGZh57o

And his jumps from 1:43.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvLRM-a8M9A

I know there are more muscular thighs in the world, but we are speaking of artistic athletes, who must keep flexibility, smoothness, precision while jumping higher, which is indubitably extremely difficult, but I am sure Yuzuru Hanyu managed to do it, as he now jumps the quad-axel fully rotated, and would not have sacrificed his ability to express "anything" with his body movements. And probably his thighs became even more impressive than in that photo with Evgeny Plushenko as Sex Bomb.

Now we are warned. ;-)

22 minutes ago, Fay said:

Guys, in two weeks they are showing GPF 2015! Well, they are starting in 8 days... 

Footnote: I love how the view numbers of the men's event in Helsinki are like... more than twice as high as any other competition rewind so far :xD:

ISU must be like: "Okay, okay. We give you GPF'15 and Worlds'12 and NHK'15 and GPF'14 and...":whiteflag:

Just now, Henni147 said:

Footnote: I love how the view numbers of the men's event in Helsinki are like... more than twice as high than any other competition rewind so far :xD:

ISU must be like: "Okay, okay. We give you GPF'15 and Worlds'12 and NHK'15 and GPF'14 and...":whiteflag:

To be honest, I was boycotting ISU videos since the GPF (19) robbery.

This Helsinki WC was my first come back.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"Well it's only 17 centimeters..." :hihi:

And to think that he was thinking that way back in 2017. Who looks at a holographic projection of themselves doing a superhuman feat and thinks, "Oh yeah, not so bad, I can do that for sure!" Only Yuzu. 

This is his mindset: Can do....why else would he be the first quad loop ...now ...aiming for 4A!

Truly the mind, heart and soul of a CHAMPION!!!:loveshower::softYuzu:

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

At this point, who else is after the 4A? I remember there was Artur Dmitriev Jr, Keegan, Camden? Anyone else?

And I love how ISU is streaming the competitions where Yuzu set amazing records <3 

Nobody could work on it seriously, without showing huge improvements in his 3A, isn't it?

And, isn't Yuzuru Hanyu the Axel King by very far?

51 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Nobody could work on it seriously, without showing huge improvements in his 3A, isn't it?

And, isn't Yuzuru Hanyu the Axel King by very far?

Keegan's 3A, and his quads, are sometimes very overpowered, to the point where he loses control (the 2018-19 season comes to.mind.) Other than Dmitriev, I think he's the only man who has openly acknowledged training for 4A. I personally think Keegan could do it. He's got the speed and power, and he's shorter than Yuzu so the physics of it might actually work better. But I'm not convinced he has the same level of desire to achieve it. 

4 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Here is Ivan Vassiliev. Haters reproach him not to be able to close a fifth position, well, it is just that his thighs are too thick. His more impressive variation is from 2:05 (he's probably never heard about Isaac Newton).

He certainly puts the lie to the conventional wisdom that too much muscle interferes with jumping. 

I think Yuzu has spoken about this before, though - it's about a delicate balance between having enough power and strength and not being too massive to fly.