General Yuzuru Chat

On 5/18/2020 at 5:43 AM, TallyT said:

Are we sure he is in Japan right now? Last I heard, it was still a mystery....

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it would frankly be strange if he was anywhere else right now. If the rink can't open, there's nothing for him or his mom to be doing in Toronto, and as far as I can tell, all his business obligations (sponsorships etc) are in Japan. Not to mention his home and family. 

Simple logic would dictate that he is in Japan. 

On 5/18/2020 at 12:16 PM, sallycinnamon said:

His first international competition was also in Finland, just days after he turned 10 years old :)  (Santa Claus Cup, 2004 in Tampere, Finland).

tishXIg.png

(x)

That's five out of 5! No wonder if he loves Finland :) 

I know that's why I love Finland 😍

I’ve got the lock down miseries today so I’m ignoring the housework and watching past favourites, then practices, then the fan made vids -   I’ve just watched the first Olympic troll practice. 

I feel much better. 😌

9 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I’ve got the lock down miseries today so I’m ignoring the housework and watching past favourites, then practices, then the fan made vids -   I’ve just watched the first Olympic troll practice. 

I feel much better. 😌

By the way, why is this practice still called "troll", while we now know he trolled nobody but just couldn't afford doing real jumps then and during competition?

I think he said it himself?   Personally I think he was being extremely sensible taking it easy first practice, not long after he arrived, probably still a little stiff from the flight, but he did the jumps in the other practices - also there’s a slightly evil little smile while he takes his bow at the end - whatever practical reason might have been behind it, he definitely knew everyone was waiting to see what sort of condition he was in and that he’d left them guessing.  I felt for Machida all dressed up in the studio to comment and very little to talk about....

iirc he didn’t talk to the press afterwards either - did a press conference after the next practice?

10 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I think he said it himself?   Personally I think he was being extremely sensible taking it easy first practice, not long after he arrived, probably still a little stiff from the flight, but he did the jumps in the other practices - also there’s a slightly evil little smile while he takes his bow at the end - whatever practical reason might have been behind it, he definitely knew everyone was waiting to see what sort of condition he was in and that he’d left them guessing.  I felt for Machida all dressed up in the studio to comment and very little to talk about....

iirc he didn’t talk to the press afterwards either - did a press conference after the next practice?

In my opinion, the real troll that time was him not saying a word to anyone about how he felt and then casually dropping the bomb at the post- medal news conference that he was on painkillers the whole time....

Please, never again. :crazyshit:

He’d do it again in a heartbeat if he thought it was necessary- I was amazed he dropped the bomb then, not three years later as an aside in a documentary or a ‘making of CM’ vid, according to custom, but I suppose he knew he’d have to miss worlds and take it easy in shows so he had to tell all.  I was astonished he did the gala and all those messing around practices - painkillers?  What painkillers?  Must have been good stuff.

:winky:

Okay everyone. I did it.

I rewatched DoryYuzu. And I LOVED it !! :space:

Honestly. Those arm and hand movements during his Ina Bauer... how can arms move like this. It's so awesome.

Since I couldn't find an acceptable version of 'Wings of words' on YouTube, I decided to upload it on my GDrive and share it here with you.

It's a full Yuzu cut of FaOI Makuhari 2018 including both group openings, Yuzu's performance, the finale and Yuzu's interview after the show.

It's FaOI time anyway, so it fits quite well. :popcorn:

EDIT: It might take a few minutes (or hours) until you can watch the video in 720p, but it will be there.

18 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Remember how we all cried because of solo 3t?:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

The whole show was like: Yuzu is jumping again. He is really jumping. His ankle is alright! Right? Right?! :sadPooh:

Also, it's probably the most beautiful and effortless solo 3T out there.

The whole performance was such a typical Yuzu thing actually. He landed all his jumps perfectly and then nearly slipped and fell backwards in front of the live band :embSwan:

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

He’d do it again in a heartbeat if he thought it was necessary- I was amazed he dropped the bomb then, not three years later as an aside in a documentary or a ‘making of CM’ vid, according to custom, but I suppose he knew he’d have to miss worlds and take it easy in shows so he had to tell all.  I was astonished he did the gala and all those messing around practices - painkillers?  What painkillers?  Must have been good stuff.

:winky:

As he said, he was having fun with all his might once the competition was over. What's a bad ankle compared to that? Pfft! 

Meanwhile, fanyus are left clutching their hearts, staggering around, warbling "My nerves! My heart! My sanity! Arghrghrghrgh!"