General Yuzuru Chat

I am interested in the award counting. It is a known fact that Pluchenko is considered the most decorated male figure skater at the moment. So what I want to understand is how people calculate awards. 1) The overall number including 1,2,3 in everything he ever competed including B competitions and Juniors; 2) Just first places on major competions; 3) 1,2,3 in major competitions. Basically I want to understand where Yuzu stands in comparison with him. Any thoughts? Numbers? I saw both viki on them but not sure how to calculate.

6 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

I also wish for Yuzu to skate clean both his sp and free for the upcoming Worlds...but since the change to 4 min free skate duration he has never skate clean once in his free.During skate canada he almost done it.Do u guys think by shorten the free skate duration its effected Yuzu the most?

SCI 2019??? He skated both his SP and FS clean even if the 4Lo landing was a bit iffy.

16 hours ago, glilikoi said:

But you never know with Mr. Hanyu, it never stops being a rollercoaster, so I'm trying not to be surprised by anything that may or may not happen:13877886:

Ouch! Not being surprised? "This would defy (his) objective" (Mr Darcy in 1995 BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, if I remember well).

Not that I would find him anything like Miss Bingley, but here Mr Darcy puts his own ideas in her mind.

8 hours ago, Ager said:

I am interested in the award counting. It is a known fact that Pluchenko is considered the most decorated male figure skater at the moment. So what I want to understand is how people calculate awards. 1) The overall number including 1,2,3 in everything he ever competed including B competitions and Juniors; 2) Just first places on major competions; 3) 1,2,3 in major competitions. Basically I want to understand where Yuzu stands in comparison with him. Any thoughts? Numbers? I saw both viki on them but not sure how to calculate.

I dont think there's any official measurement to rank athletes objectively and anyone can have their own opinion on it. For me 2) + 3) should work. 2) for their dominance at certain time and 3) for longevity. And not all major comps weigh the same. U can't put Olympic gold at same lvl as other golds or 4CC/EC golds with GPF/Worlds golds. Yuzu hasn't retired, he can still achieve more, let's see how much he'll have achieved at the end of his career. Honestly i believe if Yuzu wants to, he can have the longest career with most medals. If counting next Worlds' medal, he's alr men's skater with most medals at Worlds. And he hasnt retired yet! Talk about longevity.

I am informed that ACI is going to be held in the same venue – 16 Mile Sports Complex – in Oakville again (for the third time) this year.

I was told that this has been made public, but I could not find the announcement anywhere.

Hopefully, Yuzu will be competing at ACI again this year. Fingers crossed!

11 hours ago, Cynthia said:

How many days will you be at? Is it also your only seat? Will make sure to seek you out.

Yep, that's my only seat. But I only have 100 charms and I intend to hand them out to PH members on Tuesday before men's practice, when we get together to pick up the tote bags. I will be in my seat after that. But I've made the difficult decision to only watch Men's events with Yuzu, since I have a lung condition and I'm worried about catching the coronavirus. See you there.

52 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I am informed that ACI is going to be held in the same venue – 16 Mile Sports Complex – in Oakville again (for the third time) this year.

I was told that this has been made public, but I could not find the announcement anywhere.

Could they pick a rink further away from hotels?  Western Toronto is kind of boring....

56 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

That's because the info is only on the 'Volunteer Opportunities' page of the Skate Canada site so far (they're looking for volunteers for next year).  So it may or may not be official yet. 

Be nice if SC could get that competition away from the suburban wastelands of west Toronto and back to somewhere hotels are within walking distance of the rink. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That's because the info is only on the 'Volunteer Opportunities' page of the Skate Canada site so far (they're looking for volunteers for next year).  So it may or may not be official yet. 

Be nice if SC could get that competition away from the suburban wastelands of west Toronto and back to somewhere hotels are within walking distance of the rink. 

I've been to Toronto twice and have barely seen any of it because suburban wasteland :13877886:

11 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I've been to Toronto twice and have barely seen any of it because suburban wasteland :13877886:

Look, if it's officially Oakville again, we need to organize ourselves and get some sightseeing going so that satellites can get a chance to learn there's more to T.O. than powerlines, Tim Horton's and gas stations...

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Do you know the dates?

I may just start to book time off work for it 😊