General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I have registered with few different names and nationalities so we'll see :D 

I don't think ISU would mind if you're Japanese and vote for Yuzu. But they'd be interested to know if you're going to stick around for other skaters and that's something nobody would know. One thing I'm sure is BY (Before Yuzu) figure skating and AY (After Yuzu) figure skating cannot be the same. People have realised that complete package skater can achieve both, high technicality and high artistry at the same time. However, if you are just tech junkie and only interested in anything quad, you won't care who perform what program. So ISU may just need to ask which road they should take in order to keep the majority entertained (so that they bring ISU the dosh they want).

Good point. Maybe the data will tell them, for instance whether the baby Russian Ladies who are just jumping beans, with no artistry are more popular with the audience than those who are the complete package with outstanding technical skills behind their artistry but don't jump a quad. 

9 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I have registered with few different names and nationalities so we'll see :D 

I don't think ISU would mind if you're Japanese and vote for Yuzu. But they'd be interested to know if you're going to stick around for other skaters and that's something nobody would know. One thing I'm sure is BY (Before Yuzu) figure skating and AY (After Yuzu) figure skating cannot be the same. People have realised that complete package skater can achieve both, high technicality and high artistry at the same time. However, if you are just tech junkie and only interested in anything quad, you won't care who perform what program. So ISU may just need to ask which road they should take in order to keep the majority entertained (so that they bring ISU the dosh they want).

:smiley-talk005:Petition to change BC and AD to Before Yuzuru and After Yuzuru.:68468287:

1 hour ago, Toni said:

[...] and Yuzu will be the one to talk us into loving Nathan - or whoever they've chosen to make into a star. It's all about getting butts in seats after Yuzu is gone.

I don't think that Yuzu will talk us into loving anybody. He's one of the most diplomatic skaters I know, he finds nice words for every athlete, but I don't think that he would advertise a specific skater, who's still competing. Especially not at an official ISU ceremony.

Plus: we still don't know, how long Yuzu intends to compete himself... I wouldn't be surprised, if he won a bunch of awards and announced at the ceremony:

'Thank you everyone. I feel very honored to receive so many awards. This motivates me a lot and I will work hard in the following X seasons to win more [YOU WON'T GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY]' *happy grin*

:xD:

12 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol Nam!

Is that a chip tray in his hand? Like he was eating when someone told him to pose. :space:

Edit: nvm, I read the caption later. :rofl3:

"Before I saw the pie plate I thought he was calling Yuzu his chicken pot pie and I didn't question it. :LOL:"

- LOL!!

I have to admit, I totally forgot about Challenge 2020...

Hace 1 hora, Toni said:

Yuzu will be the one to talk us into loving Nathan - or whoever they've chosen to make into a star. It's all about getting butts in seats after Yuzu is gone.

:LOL: i'm sorry but not even Yuzu could ""talk me into"" loving anybody... What each skater shows on the ice speaks for itself.

31 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I don't think that Yuzu will talk us into loving anybody. He's one of the most diplomatic skaters I know, he finds nice words for every athlete, but I don't think that he would advertise a specific skater, who's still competing. Especially not at an official ISU ceremony.

Plus: we still don't know, how long Yuzu intends to compete himself... I wouldn't be surprised, if he won a bunch of awards and announced at the ceremony:

'Thank you everyone. I feel very honored to receive so many awards. This motivates me a lot and I will work hard in the following X seasons to win more [YOU WON'T GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY]' *happy grin*

:xD:

HAHAHA! I didn't say it would work, only that I think that's what they're trying. Remember when they assumed Yuzu would retire after his second OGM, so they retired his world records? But that only motivated him to stay and challenge the new scoring system. Trying to keep his scores down so they don't have to do it again is only pissing us off. So I think you're right, the awards ceremony might backfire too. 

21 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Folks, just like the tweet said — if you wanna find out your own Yuzu cocoa monstrosity you can play this game! :rofl:

...for the record, mine has whisky, a sprig of mint, and maple syrup in it :xD::LOL:, what's in yours? 

A giant scoop of marshmallow fluff, blueberries and chocolate sprinkles. Positively restrained..... :embSwan:

33 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

The angle for the 3A was :1497158260_5GOE:

I owe On Ice Perspectives my life. This video adds an extra dimension that really makes you feel the power and strength of his skating. 

I was going to sleep but now LOL

On Ice Perspective really deserves the world and more :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: 

46 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

The angle for the 3A was :1497158260_5GOE:

I owe On Ice Perspectives my life. This video adds an extra dimension that really makes you feel the power and strength of his skating. 

I didn't know his skating was this fast

I hope we see a video of him training at TCC with oniceperspectives before he retires.