General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

It's most likely a heart monitor and/or pulseoxymeter. It's been discussed before, that most athletes wear heart monitors when exercising and I also threw in the idea of a pulseoxymeter because measuring his oxygen saturation could also be a good idea, with his asthma. But most likely it's just a heart monitor.

I think you're right, it's probably both.  I have a heart monitor that straps across my chest for workouts, and it has a much slimmer profile.  I would think that there is probably more going on in that box for it to be that much bigger than the cheap version I have.

9 hours ago, Sammie said:

Oh yeah I forgot to ask. What did you think of him the first impression? 

First impressions were:

1. There he is! He's real! 

2. He's smaller and more ordinary than I thought.

3. No wait, look at him move. He's not one bit ordinary.

4. This guy doesn't just love skating, he lives to skate.

5. The habits of a champion are really different from the habits of everyone else. This was really obvious in the practices. 

6. He moves SO FAST!!!

7. He's gracious to a fault. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

First impressions were:

1. There he is! He's real! 

2. He's smaller and more ordinary than I thought.

3. No wait, look at him move. He's not one bit ordinary.

4. This guy doesn't just love skating, he lives to skate.

5. The habits of a champion are really different from the habits of everyone else. This was really obvious in the practices. 

6. He moves SO FAST!!!

7. He's gracious to a fault. 

Reading all those recaps from ACI increased my impatience to see him live.

Helsinki won’t come soon enough!!! 

but I don’t know if I’m ready :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

9 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I understand the feeling. :)

I feel like I might be the only one who didn't scream her head off when watching him live for the first time. Granted, I was too happily shell-shocked to be in our overlord's presence to do anything. That and concentrating on keeping him in the frame of my camera because someone skates too fast.

11 minutes ago, Xen said:

I feel like I might be the only one who didn't scream her head off when watching him live for the first time. Granted, I was too happily shell-shocked to be in our overlord's presence to do anything. That and concentrating on keeping him in the frame of my camera because someone skates too fast.

I didn't actually scream, for similar reasons. I've never felt so clumsy with a camera though. Tracking him in the lens is nearly impossible. You almost have to try and anticipate where he's going next and stay ahead of him.

I did, however, think I would faint from the excitement before he came in. Something to do with having forgotten to eat because of my stomach butterflies I guess...:1:

There was one more first impression I had that I want to mention as well: 

8. He's just a normal kid, how on earth does he handle everything that's on him? His character must be something else.