General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Interrupting with this:

Zu dying of embarrassment subbed.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Why am I watching this at lunch? Tears dropped into my precociously cooked noodle bowl. So glad to be working from home, can’t imagine how to explain this to colleagues in a kitchen. Every time I watch this I cry, lesson learnt

29 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Interrupting with this:

Zu dying of embarrassment subbed.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Can I just say, Plushenko didn't answer TWO of the three questions he was asked directly. Not the one about how he handled the bashing during Plushenko vs Yagudin drama, nor the one about who was his hero as he started skating. Instead he focused on Yuzu and gushed about him, thus making him forget what was the question in the first place, probably :P 

Yuzu in the end: "he said what I wanted to hear the most" :laughing:

Maybe Yuzu has him as a role model in that aspect as well, when it comes to dodging the questions :rofl:

3 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

Can I just say, Plushenko didn't answer TWO of the three questions he was asked directly. Not the one about how he handled the bashing during Plushenko vs Yagudin drama, nor the one about who was his hero as he started skating. Instead he focused on Yuzu and gushed about him, thus making him forget what was the question in the first place, probably :P 

Yuzu in the end: "he said what I wanted to hear the most" :laughing:

Maybe Yuzu has him as a role model in that aspect as well, when it comes to dodging the questions :rofl:

My take on this, if it’s a regular reporter who asked this he would give a more plain and complete answer. But it’s Yuzu, so he only needed to answer the portion Yuzu needs to take in. In a way I think he answered it all, when you love a sport that dearly and hold on to it for the majority span of your life you really can’t care much about the bashing anymore, so it takes much lower priority on his handling list maybe.

8 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

Instead he focused on Yuzu and gushed about him, thus making him forget what was the question in the first place, probably

LOL. When he gushed about Yuzu, I thought he just wanted an extra start and he would answer the question later, I patiently waited for his answer but ...:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  After receiving the whole answer, I wondered if he had problems in understanding questions from Yuzu or if the interpreter made mistakes :rofl:

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Thoughts on this article? I have a lot to say but I’m not good or eloquent enough to express what I feel.  :slinkaway:

2 hours ago, Hanmgse said:

The writter feels envy towards Yuzu for reaching what he wanted, related to some frustrating dreams if his he couldn't do realize himself. He knows Yuzu's life hasn't been easy yet he still feels like that. Mmm I don't see the point of the post, seems like a personal rant and that's it, nothing to take seriously.

I've read it and recalled immediately what Yuzu said in CiONTU in Q&A corner. The question was about which is more important for him when he performs different character in his various programs.  Is it what he has inside or the obvious expression that others can see. His answer was that no matter how deep he dig inside of himself, even the things he wants to convey comes from somewhere very deep within, he said that it does not always be conveyed as he intends. It is because what people can feel or see depends on what they know about the performer's background.

This writer said himself that he did not know Yuzu before PC. If he truly knew what Yuzu went through leading up to PC and all the hardships he has been facing throughout his career, I think he could relate to Yuzu a bit more. But he's made that connection with Tonya Harding's life. The guy may have a chip on the shoulder from his own life experience and that resentment had prevented him from relating to the gold medalist/the achiever. When I watch Yuzu's SEIMEI at PC, the two 'flaws' are the two glorious 'save' and tears fill my eyes. Thousands of fanyu's prayed day and night for his safe return and he brought us all what we've waited for. We knew about Yuzu's struggles really well but the writer does not share the same experience as us. 

I think he wanted to say that hardships can take away people's dignity but there was this golden moment that Tonya had created when she landed a triple-axel and that glory cannot be taken away even by her most notorious fs incident of the 20th century. The writer clearly stands in the dark place and looking at the two golden moments of fs. Tonya, too, fell to the dark place and that is what the writer can relate to. He sees struggle in the tarnished gold of Tonya's and does not see it in Yuzu's. He wishes a gold medal for his struggles, that's what I see.

Perspective of something depends on stand point so if people who know some back ground about the subject see things differently to you, that doesn't mean what you see is invalid and visa versa.