General Yuzuru Chat

7 時間前, meoimaさんが言いました:

Hello... anyone tell me about the feedback of live broadcasting in 66th Cinemas for Continue With Wings?

the last time I saw someone said 6 cinemas were sold out. I don’t know about the rest when it’s the day of the broadcasting. Were the rest of the cinema live broadcast sold ok? 

thank you in advance.!

I'm not sure if all the tickets of 66 theaters were sold out, but I went to the live viewing in my area so I wrote a short report. (sorry, not much info)

(copied from GS)

I went to the live viewing near my house, the theater is located in relatively the country side but the tickets were sold out. There are 10 screens and it was amusing to see the list of the films.

Detective Conan 2018
Crayon Shin-chan 2018
Pacific Rim Uprising
Jumanji: Welcome to the jungle 
Doraemon 2018
COCO
Continues ~with Wings~
The Boss Baby
Chihayafuru Musubi
Darkest hour
The bastard and the beautiful world
The greatest showman
The commuter
Shonen

The place was SO CROWDED with mostly the kids who came to see the anime, and there wasn't single poster or flyer of CiONTU probably because the tickets were all pre-ordered. So we must have been the mysterious group who gathered at the screen 8 :laughing:  I had never imagined I could see Yuzuru on the big screen again, but it was definitely a treat. It was lucky my seat was at the endmost in the last row because I didn't have to hide that I was crying in the first 30 minutes or so (including Yuzuru and Plu-san talk) and from the finale to the end :laughing:  I am so thankful to Yuzuru for mentioning the fans in the cinemas during the show again and again, we cheered for the skaters and sang "Happy Birthday" for Javier of course . 

The whole show was just amazing and emotional as you know, I really hope it is going to be annual (I think it will) During the interval, we were able to watch Yuzuru's medley on day 1 and 2 so we couldn't go to the rest room, some fans were about to go but came back to their seats :smiley-laughing021:  In Yuzuru's last speech, we were shocked by his words again (there were some gasps in us including me). I just really want him to know we love him so much but he sounded he knew it well. I'm worried about Minoru because he was not feeling well these days but still skated for Yuzuru and us. Thank you, Sano-san, please rest well. (did you see the banner of "Minoru"? I liked it lol)

I loved MI2 in Etude costume :smiley-love017: Now I'm going to dinner and eat well since I skipped the lunch.

1 hour ago, YuzuH&LEterna11y said:

For me, watching these programs without jumps made me realize how gorgeous every spin and step sequence and piece of choreography is. Yuzu's programs are not dependent on jumps.

I was thinking this too. Yuzu's spins and step sequences are always so memorable and expressive so it was really interesting to see him create a powerful program with just them alone. It reminded me of Notte Stellata and the delayed single axel which I love so so much. So simple and beautiful :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

13 hours ago, micaelis said:

The lesson of what we're seeing this weekend?  Yuzu is quite capable of putting together a team to produce a quality ice show on very short notice.  Unless he was thinking about it before PC getting all these pieces functioning as they were was a testimony to what his organizational prowess and star power can do.  Even if he was thinking of this beforehand, he evidently kept such thoughts to himself, knowing the whole thing could crash if he didn't get the gold.  Getting the gold gave him the stature to recruit those needed to make the project real and then it was simply a matter of turning to some of his off-ice sponsors and they provided the money, realizing that it was money spent to further elevate their most prominent endorser.  Money well spent, in other words. 

I have posted in the past that I feel that Yuzu might turn to the production of ice shows after retirement and before taking up coaching.  This show is one way he is showing potential financial backers that he is capable of getting the job done.  There are certainly ice shows in Yuzu's future but they are those with his name on then.  One thought though, and it's one that does immense credit to Yuzu, and that is I see him taking pains to not directly impact those Japanese shows he's been a part of since the summer after the earthquake/tsunami.  That means he'll probably schedule them right after the competition season ends but before the ice show season begins and also that he'll take the show outside Japan so as to avoid competition with the Japanese shows.  Taking the show out of Japan also is a means of helping strengthen the skating culture in places where the skating culture has been languishing, name the US and some of the European countries and perhaps China (are there ice shows in China?).

All this is speculation, of course, but with Yuzu's declared intention to continue to skate in competitions, but to skate to programs he's put together to satisfy his ultimate judge (namely himself) and not to garner points, I think Yuzu is laying out what he considers to be his life's ultimate goal, to make figure skating more than an athletic competition but an artistic enterprise.  By showing the world what figure skating can accomplish in his competition programs and then what it can accomplish in terms of an ice show committed to showing figure skating at it's aesthetic best, he will, in fact, become one of the true titans in the history of figure skating.  He has spent the many years of competition paying his dues so that he can then turn to the project of making figure skating conform to his dream of what he thinks it should be.  It's a dream he's not probably articulated to himself over a long span of time.  It's probably a dream that came in bits and pieces but now that he stands in the eyes of many as the greatest skater ever, it's a dream he can actually realize.  What is happening this weekend is his showing the world and the potential backers that he can make it happen.

PS - A thought just occurred to me, and that is that he might have the show confined to three performances at just one city (as he's doing right now) and having it seen as a gala introduction or gala finale to the competition season.  That would keep him out of competition with the established ice shows and also be a means of highlighting the season about to commence or the season just finished.  A further thought - the post-season placing would be the best and he could make it extra-special by inviting those skaters who had the best programs (in his eyes and as such a means of influencing the direction of figure skating) in the season just finished.  It would be a sort of Oscar ceremony for figure-skating.

Good point: As long as Yuzuru is competitive, he can influence the sport. Truly, he is currently the strongest and most complete skater out there. He is the bridge between the artistic and technical, if he leaves now, there is a good chance things will become imbalanced I have no personal insight, but like Micaelis wrote, he may not want to leave until his vision for the sport is realized. Then he will be “satisfied.”   

1 hour ago, Maia said:

Who was the elderly gentleman skating in the show?

Minoru Sano. A pioneer in Japanese men's figure skating.

1st world medalist (bronze in '77) for figure skating (of any discipline) in Japan.

He was coached by Yuzu's former coach, Shoichiro Tsuzuki.

He, in turn, also coached Takeshi Honda and Shizuka Arakawa.

ETA: Made a mistake here (rechecked my info because I wasn't sure of the year he won the medal) but he coached Yamato Tamura not Takeshi Honda.

13 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

Good point: As long as Yuzuru is competitive, he can influence the sport. Truly, he is currently the strongest and most complete skater out there. He is the bridge between the artistic and technical, if he leaves now, there is a good chance things will become imbalanced I have no personal insight, but like Micaelis wrote, he may not want to leave until his vision for the sport is realized. Then he will be “satisfied.”   

When I see yuzu skate I cnt help think God designed his DNA specifically to skate and show the world beauty, love and grace. Hes too perfect for skating. He was almost designed or deliberately crafted by god himself for figure skating

47 minutes ago, yude said:

I'm not sure if all the tickets of 66 theaters were sold out, but I went to the live viewing in my area so I wrote a short report. (sorry, not much info)

(copied from GS)

I went to the live viewing near my house, the theater is located in relatively the country side but the tickets were sold out. There are 10 screens and it was amusing to see the list of the films.

Detective Conan 2018
Crayon Shin-chan 2018
Pacific Rim Uprising
Jumanji: Welcome to the jungle 
Doraemon 2018
COCO
Continues ~with Wings~
The Boss Baby
Chihayafuru Musubi
Darkest hour
The bastard and the beautiful world
The greatest showman
The commuter
Shonen

The place was SO CROWDED with mostly the kids who came to see the anime, and there wasn't single poster or flyer of CiONTU probably because the tickets were all pre-ordered. So we must have been the mysterious group who gathered at the screen 8 :laughing:  I had never imagined I could see Yuzuru on the big screen again, but it was definitely a treat. It was lucky my seat was at the endmost in the last row because I didn't have to hide that I was crying in the first 30 minutes or so (including Yuzuru and Plu-san talk) and from the finale to the end :laughing:  I am so thankful to Yuzuru for mentioning the fans in the cinemas during the show again and again, we cheered for the skaters and sang "Happy Birthday" for Javier of course . 

The whole show was just amazing and emotional as you know, I really hope it is going to be annual (I think it will) During the interval, we were able to watch Yuzuru's medley on day 1 and 2 so we couldn't go to the rest room, some fans were about to go but came back to their seats :smiley-laughing021:  In Yuzuru's last speech, we were shocked by his words again (there were some gasps in us including me). I just really want him to know we love him so much but he sounded he knew it well. I'm worried about Minoru because he was not feeling well these days but still skated for Yuzuru and us. Thank you, Sano-san, please rest well. (did you see the banner of "Minoru"? I liked it lol)

I loved MI2 in Etude costume :smiley-love017: Now I'm going to dinner and eat well since I skipped the lunch.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

My friend sent me the list of the 66 cinemas that showed Continue with Wings live viewing, 4000 yen per ticket.
http://liveviewing.jp/contents/cww/#venue_list

It seems 64% of the venues sold very well, also the rest was not bad either. I estimated in total around 4000-5000 seats were sold for the cinema live viewing. But I do not know how many seats each venue has so it's all estimation. Some venues in my country had 250 up to 300 seats. But I only estimated based on a scale of 100 seats here. The arena had 9000 seats and was almost crowded in all 3 days.

So in general, I estimate Continue with Wings sold around 30000 ~ 32000 tickets in total (both for live viewing and tickets at the arena). And I can not count the number of people who watched live through tivi and live stream.