General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

No, apparently the article says both that all jumps are good except 4Lz AND that he'll avoid 4Lz at the Olympics. To clarify, from the same article:

Yep, but the form used for the 'avoid 4Lz' sentence is と言います instead of a direct quote, and as such I feel it's all within troll's calculations now, including out meltdowns and speculations. Oh well, I guess we will await 4Lz in a quad Battle or somewhere there if it doesn't show up for actual Olys.

13 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Since I give up as I don't understand anything any longer but we're almost there so it doesn't matter, can someone please just link me to where Brian said directly no 4Lz? Or is the only direct quote the one where he says all the jumps are getting good, bar the 4Lz? Thank you!

Asahi, Mainichi, Sanspo have reported this news so far, but all of them based on Kyodo, (there’s (共同) at the end of each article) 

Japanese:

https://this.kiji.is/333248494964261985?c=39550187727945729

English:
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018/02/3cae47dd86f1-olympics-hanyu-to-participate-in-figure-skating-individual-event.html

Direct quotes in Japanese articles:
-「もちろん個人種目は出る」
(He will definitely take part in the individual event)
-「(ジャンプは)4回転ルッツ以外は全ていい状態だ。彼はトレーニングがよくできている。驚きだ。当然、金メダルが狙える」
(All of his repertoire (of jumps) except for 4Lz is well tuned. He has been training himself amazingly well. Of course, he can go for the gold.)

Indirect quote:
-故障の原因となった大技の4回転ルッツは回避するという。
((According to Orser) Yuzu will avoid attempting 4Lz which caused his injury. )

Just now, Aotoshiro said:

Yep, but the form used for the 'avoid 4Lz' sentence is と言います instead of a direct quote, and as such I feel it's all within troll's calculations now, including out meltdowns and speculations. Oh well, I guess we will await 4Lz in a quad Battle or somewhere there if it doesn't show up for actual Olys.

Ah, so the avoiding the 4Lz is the newspaper speculation more than a direct quote? 

In before 4Lz becomes the new Sochi 4S. 

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

No, apparently the article says both that all jumps are good except 4Lz AND that he'll avoid 4Lz at the Olympics. To clarify, from the same article and translator:

It's still not a quote from Brian, though, so we can't be sure it's not just an interpretation of Brian's words. But also, they did say he wouldn't do the Lutz back in August although he already had his mind set on it, so nothing would surprise me. (I'm pretty sure there'll be some kuyashii if he leaves it out...)

I doubt it's a mental block, since he probably knows best the injury wasn't because of the lutz, it just happened when he jumped the lutz.

1 minute ago, Aotoshiro said:

has brian ever said anything trollable like this in the past and yuzu shows up with something different :facepalm:

Just now, sweetwater said:

Asahi, Mainichi, Sanspo have reported this news so far, but all of them based on Kyodo, (there’s (共同) at the end of each article) 

Japanese:

https://this.kiji.is/333248494964261985?c=39550187727945729

On a sidenote, why didn't I doscover Yuzu like, a year and a half earlier, when I was still in Japanology course? I've never had this much motivation for training my reading comprehension before...

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

And seriously, if he does a clean four-quad two-3A SEIMEI, who can beat him?

No one. I see clean Seimei with 4 or 5 quads going above 225. Assumed everybody else goes clean as well, he'll fly over their heads even without SP advantage. 

And even in SP, clean he can go 5 to 10 points above everybody else. 

I guess this is what he aims since he wants to win decisively. (having more than 10 points gap with everybody else, minimum)

1 minute ago, sweetwater said:

Indirect quote:
-故障の原因となった大技の4回転ルッツは回避するという。
((According to Orser) Yuzu will avoid attempting 4Lz which caused his injury. )

Thank you so much! I was wondering about this because this can be just their take on Brian's words that they quoted directly. Thank you for clearing it up :smiley-love017:

Just now, xeyra said:

Can't it just be that a 4Lz is a jump that doubles the pressure on his right ankle (both pick and landing) and was already a moody bastard even before the injury, so it's probably best to avoid it for this one particular competition, especially with only a month of training? 

It could be, but most of the initial stuff about his recovery being delayed seemed to be around how it's the landing foot and so couldn't be risked. Wise to avoid any additional strain, of course, but I'd think if he can land everything else fine, then would the pick for just the 4Lz be a bigger deal? Maybe it is. No point speculating. I'm scarred from his fall and projecting, probably lol

14 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Has the poor bb developed a very understandable mental block for the 4Lz?

His injuries affect on lutz, loop and flip and considering he just back to full training in early Jan, it make sense that he decide to take out 4lz to focus more on other jumps, especially 4lo since he has to do it in both program and he failed to land both in COR

After a series of bad news since November, I'll *blindly* trust any positive one, and why shouldn't I when it comes from his coach. Sometime analyzing too much will take away all the positive vibes. Seriously, 4lz or not we'll know it by next week.

13 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Has the poor bb developed a very understandable mental block for the 4Lz?

I don't think so. I think there's just not enough time to stabilize a new jump again. It's a shame but I expect he'll do it in Milan.

I just prefer to know exactly what was said by Brian and what is the reporter's conclusion, it's safer that way. It'd be really weird for me if he outright said it at this moment but then even speaking at all at this point is somewhat weird to me so who knows. Ah well. 

Anyway, I was never here. This was illusion Yata :smiley-scared007:

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

His injuries affect on lutz, loop and flip and considering he just back to full training in early Jan, it make sense that he decide to take out 4lz to focus more on other jumps, especially 4lo since he has to do it in both program and he failed to land both in COR

After a series of bad news since November, I'll *blindly* trust any positive one, and why shouldn't I when it comes from his coach. Sometime analyzing too much will take away all the positive vibes.  

So basically the only jump he will have to concentrate for is the 4Loop. Good that he's taking out the 4Lz then. But I want two +3GOE 4Loops in the Short and the Free then.