General Yuzuru Chat

The Gary Oldman version?

The 2014 version with that hot dude Luke Evans :laugh:

Or [link=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b2/df/0f/b2df0feb27fd9b1e234fec9d9700f8d1.jpg]Gerard Butler[/link]'s version! Though [link=http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2014/06/14/1280-dracula-untoldjpg-6e48f7_1280w.jpg]Luke Evans Dracula[/link] was yummy. But [link=https://mightcontainspoilers.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/youngdracula1992.png]Gary Oldman[/link] is a classic.

Also, this is so OT. :ban:

The idea to put national symbol on the banner is very creative! I think fans from different countries can do smth like that more often. But Fay is right about one thing... not all the countries have recognizable national symbol...

Let's put a samovar, a balalaika and a bear onto ours... and a bottle of vodka!!!

A Pooh piñata in mine... With tequila... Eating tacos :space:

:goe: :space:

My friend Max is around 1m77 and he saw Yuzuru at WC, he said Yuzuru was about his height and a bit shorter. So I think it is safe to say Yuzuru is about 1m73-75.

I would tend to agree with you. Javier Fernandez used to have his height listed as 175 cm in his ISU biography, but it has now been changed to 173 cm which is probably the correct height. Although people can argue ad nauseum about whether or not Yuzuru is taller or shorter or the same height as Javier, I think that he is slightly taller judging from pictures of them standing together on the top podium at the two Grand Prix Finals in Barcelona. So, as you say meoima, it's probably safe to say that Yuzuru is in the 173 – 175 cm range.

I once saw a banner saying "fly yuzu" and sth to that effect but has a red maple leaf on the side that shows its maker is obviously canadian. quite clever actually. I think there should be more international banners like this

Picture I took at Worlds in Helsinki:

banner.jpg

I guess I would need to put Deniss Vasiljevs on my poster, otherwise I have no idea how anyone will recognize Latvia.. :acceptable:

Hmmm, I'm at a loss here, sorry... anything to do with amber? You've got to have heaps of it there...

The Gary Oldman version?

The 2014 version with that hot dude Luke Evans :laugh:

Or [link=https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b2/df/0f/b2df0feb27fd9b1e234fec9d9700f8d1.jpg]Gerard Butler[/link]'s version! Though [link=http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2014/06/14/1280-dracula-untoldjpg-6e48f7_1280w.jpg]Luke Evans Dracula[/link] was yummy. But [link=https://mightcontainspoilers.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/youngdracula1992.png]Gary Oldman[/link] is a classic.

Also, this is so OT. :ban:

Oh, please, don't report me! :bow:

All the Baltics have amber, though....

I remember reading that he said he wanted a cat one day.... aww, just like javi that way.

Yeah, not right to lump Latvians, Lithuanians and Estonians together...

I guess I would need to put Deniss Vasiljevs on my poster, otherwise I have no idea how anyone will recognize Latvia.. :acceptable:

Hmmm, I'm at a loss here, sorry... anything to do with amber? You've got to have heaps of it there...

:goe:

Haha thanks! But you only know it because you're our neighbour.. well, and once we were one state.

I love my country, but I have to admit that we're not very popular internationally :smile:

:goe:

Haha thanks! But you only know it because you're our neighbour.. well, and once we were one state.

I love my country, but I have to admit that we're not very popular internationally :smile:

And I sincerely apologise for my country's behalf, in general, for the way your country was treated. But it's a slippery slope there - politics! But if it's any comfort... I come from another part of Russia which was annexed... like in the 16th century!

Hmm, what should I put on my American banner... guns, cars and hamburgers? They're all so unYuzu :sadPooh:

I hear he likes McDonald's actually.

But i bet it's Japanese McDonald's :P I doubt they taste the same (because at least here, mexican McDonald's and american McDonald's taste completely different)

I've been to Japan and it tastes the same for me. It's just they sometimes have different menu items, like a teriyaki burger for instance. I hear he does go to McDonald's in Toronto from time to time.

Oh and by the way, America is the home of his beloved Winnie the Pooh (a la Disney). So Maybe I can put Pooh on the US flag and get the point across. "The Home of Winnie the Pooh supports you...zu!" Sporting my Pooh ears was enough for fans to get the point.

ETA: I was made aware that Pooh has English and Canadian roots. But I'll say that "home" doesn't have to be "birthplace".

But i bet it's Japanese McDonald's :P I doubt they taste the same (because at least here, mexican McDonald's and american McDonald's taste completely different)

I've been to Japan and it tastes the same for me. It's just they sometimes have different menu items, like a teriyaki burger for instance. I hear he does go to McDonald's in Toronto from time to time.

Oh and by the way, America is the home of his beloved Winnie the Pooh (a la Disney). So Maybe I can put Pooh on the US flag and get the point across. "The Home of Winnie the Pooh supports you!" Sporting my Pooh ears was enough for fans to get the point.

A fantasy of mine: Going with him to Disneyland (in california bc it's my home park and bc it's the original) to see him hug Pooh :space:

In the end, it matters more to me that he gets recognition than that we international fans do. Although the two are somewhat related. I think it diminishes him a bit when he is portrayed as some sort of Japanese national craze, as opposed to a widely-recognized genius.