General Yuzuru Chat

And I sincerely apologise for my country's behalf, in general, for the way your country was treated. But it's a slippery slope there - politics! But if it's any comfort... I come from another part of Russia which was annexed... like in the 16th century!

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean anything bad and you don't need to apologize! History is history and there're always two sides of every story :s_whiteflag

In the end, it matters more to me that he gets recognition than that we international fans do. Although the two are somewhat related. I think it diminishes him a bit when he is portrayed as some sort of Japanese national craze, as opposed to a widely-recognized genius.

Yes, all non-japanese media seems to repeat the same story about japanese fans flying thousands of kilometers to see their idol. As if he couldn't have fans in other countries. :roll:

Well, I'm german, guess I have to go with a cowbell then... :hachimaki:

My friend Max is around 1m77 and he saw Yuzuru at WC, he said Yuzuru was about his height and a bit shorter. So I think it is safe to say Yuzuru is about 1m73-75.

I would tend to agree with you. Javier Fernandez used to have his height listed as 175 cm in his ISU biography, but it has now been changed to 173 cm which is probably the correct height. Although people can argue ad nauseum about whether or not Yuzuru is taller or shorter or the same height as Javier, I think that he is slightly taller judging from pictures of them standing together on the top podium at the two Grand Prix Finals in Barcelona. So, as you say meoima, it's probably safe to say that Yuzuru is in the 173 – 175 cm range.

To add to that, I briefly talked to a volunteer in Helsinki who 'met' Yuzu, aka stood directly next to him for a short moment. She said she was surprised how tall he was, slightly taller than her, and she was pretty much my height - 174 cm. So I don't think he's under 175.

AmudoBun said:
Klera said:

I love my country, but I have to admit that we're not very popular internationally :smile:

To be honest - my country is also not wellknown/popular >< :console:

Neither is mine and we're... not very liked... especially now :sadPooh:

[tweet]862322892561801216[/tweet]

:rofl2:

Where IS this from?

Eh.... eh..... EH?! :eh: :eh: :eh: What is it?

a popped jump for sure :rofl2:

If he gotta pop it, he pops it with style.

:rofl2:

Where IS this from?

Hmm... Not sure but this may be a popped 4Lz attempt back from Jan 2016 when he performed in some ice show.

Emzie said:
AmudoBun said:

To be honest - my country is also not wellknown/popular >< :console:

Neither is mine and we're... not very liked... especially now :sadPooh:

We just need to make a poster saying that the whole world is rooting for Yuzu :pbow:

a popped jump for sure :rofl2:

Ahhh... I see it now - tbh I only glanced at it before and was like: Oo

But yeah I agree he certainly popped it with style^^