General Yuzuru Chat

@OmNom

Maybe some french italian taylored suits would fit him better, someting like this

[image] 55963S_original_original.jpg?sw=530&sh=9 [/image]

or this

[image]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a2/72/a8/a272a8d26a8155bd71f871c594cc1c62.jpg[/image]

source:pinterest.com

I was thinking along the line of Italian suits too! The sleek, chic and handsome vibe they give off would 'suit' yuzu so much :rofl2:

@OmNom

Maybe some french italian taylored suits would fit him better, someting like this

[image] 55963S_original_original.jpg?sw=530&sh=9 [/image]

or this

[image]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a2/72/a8/a272a8d26a8155bd71f871c594cc1c62.jpg[/image]

source:pinterest.com

I was thinking along the line of Italian suits too! The sleek, chic and handsome vibe they give off would 'suit' yuzu so much :rofl2:

But I'm afraid Yuzu doesn't wanna suit up properly. To our great pain and disappointment.

Seeing that picture with Yuzu in a suit next to that other guy in a suit really makes you realize how tiny Yuzuru is. I always thought he was veeery tall until I read on his ISU profile he is 1.71 cm. It's because his limbs are so slim, he actually seems taller than he actually is. (Or because he's always close to even smoller people like Shoma Uno or Nathan Chen)

Helsinki was the first and only time I saw him live, and for a second there I couldn't recognize him, because he had his training jacket while everyone else already had their costumes only.

Then I saw the purple pants. And that was the moment I died.

Seeing that picture with Yuzu in a suit next to that other guy in a suit really makes you realize how tiny Yuzuru is. I always thought he was veeery tall until I read on his ISU profile he is 1.71 cm. It's because his limbs are so slim, he actually seems taller than he actually is. (Or because he's always close to even smoller people like Shoma Uno or Nathan Chen)

Helsinki was the first and only time I saw him live, and for a second there I couldn't recognize him, because he had his training jacket while everyone else already had their costumes only.

I think our boy has grown a little bit since the day ISU last measured him :P

He's even taller than Javier now(!) even if just by 1-2 cm, and Javier's reported to be 1.75m. So Yuzu must be at least around that tall, which in my book is relatively on the taller side for guys, especially Asian ones. I'm Southeast Asian myself and a guy looking like that visiting my area would make all heads turn around :space:

Another Morozombie blog entry - with his 10 favourite performances of the season. Guess who comes first?

http://morozombie.blogspot.ru/2017/04/s ... .html#more

1) Yuzuru Hanyu, Hope and Legacy LP at 2017 Worlds

Well, duh. It was an incredible experience to watch this version of Hope and Legacy live, and watching the skate on video just doesn't do justice as to how spellbinding the performance was. Upon re-watching Mr. Hanyu's Worlds performance on Youtube, however, what is more apparent in retrospect is how . . . effortless the entire skate was despite the overwhelming pressure that Mr. Hanyu must have been feeling: the flow in and out of the jumps, the lightness of the steps, how unharried and serene every movement was, as if Mr. Hanyu was skating alone in an empty rink with not a care in the world. Astounding.

Just curious, was he bigger or smaller than you expected or was he around what you expected him to be?

He's even taller than Javier now(!) even if just by 1-2 cm, and Javier's reported to be 1.75m. So Yuzu must be at least around that tall, which in my book is relatively on the taller side for guys, especially Asian ones. I'm Southeast Asian myself and a guy looking like that visiting my area would make all heads turn around :space:

I'm not sure if he is taller than Javi, though. It all depends on whatever angle the photo catches them both in. There's some times it seems Yuzu is taller but there are photos, for example of them both on the ice during practice, where Yuzu is straightened and Javi seems to be leaning and Javi still seems slightly taller even then.

Oh my that's really really tall for an asian! In my country most guys are like 1.7m max, any taller than that and they can't enter a train without hitting their head on the ceiling!

Oh, I didn't know the ISU profiles weren't updated, it DID seem strange to me though!

So if he is around 1.77-78 cm, that would make waaay more sense.

And he's definitely on the taller side for me as well. I am italian and italian women aren't particularly tall. And among short italian women, I am even shorter (1.55 cm). So I guess, if I stood next to Yuzu-san, I would barely touch his shoulder with the top of my head. I'd be perfect height for hugs. AHEm. :devil:

Just curious, was he bigger or smaller than you expected or was he around what you expected him to be?

Definitely taller than I expected. I was watching him from way above, but I could see he was probably the tallest of the group. And, you know, seeing someone in video always twists your perception. Plus he was showing his back to our seats, so my view was gelled hair + purple pants of sin. For a good 30 seconds I was like "Is it him?? Oh my God. Is it him? But IS IT him? I can't believe it. IS HE? Yes he is. BUT HE. BUT."

He's even taller than Javier now(!) even if just by 1-2 cm, and Javier's reported to be 1.75m. So Yuzu must be at least around that tall, which in my book is relatively on the taller side for guys, especially Asian ones.

I remember that Yuzu was already 1.71m when he was our young Romeo1.0(correct me if i'm wrong),

so I guess after 5 years he is now taller than 1.71m ?

btw...i can't believe Javi is 1.75m!! I always think he is 1.71m or 1.72m.......