General Yuzuru Chat

I think our boy has grown a little bit since the day ISU last measured him :P

He's even taller than Javier now(!) even if just by 1-2 cm, and Javier's reported to be 1.75m. So Yuzu must be at least around that tall, which in my book is relatively on the taller side for guys, especially Asian ones. I'm Southeast Asian myself and a guy looking like that visiting my area would make all heads turn around :space:

Oh, I didn't know the ISU profiles weren't updated, it DID seem strange to me though!

So if he is around 1.77-78 cm, that would make waaay more sense.

And he's definitely on the taller side for me as well. I am italian and italian women aren't particularly tall. And among short italian women, I am even shorter (1.55 cm). So I guess, if I stood next to Yuzu-san, I would barely touch his shoulder with the top of my head. I'd be perfect height for hugs. AHEm. :devil:

Just curious, was he bigger or smaller than you expected or was he around what you expected him to be?

Definitely taller than I expected. I was watching him from way above, but I could see he was probably the tallest of the group. And, you know, seeing someone in video always twists your perception. Plus he was showing his back to our seats, so my view was gelled hair + purple pants of sin. For a good 30 seconds I was like "Is it him?? Oh my God. Is it him? But IS IT him? I can't believe it. IS HE? Yes he is. BUT HE. BUT."

Hey, we're the same height (iirc)! I'm Southeast Asian tho, so in the lower bounds of the average? That aside, the single BUT at the end is rly appropriate, considering what your view was... :devil:

Seeing that picture with Yuzu in a suit next to that other guy in a suit really makes you realize how tiny Yuzuru is. I always thought he was veeery tall until I read on his ISU profile he is 1.71 cm. It's because his limbs are so slim, he actually seems taller than he actually is. (Or because he's always close to even smoller people like Shoma Uno or Nathan Chen)

Helsinki was the first and only time I saw him live, and for a second there I couldn't recognize him, because he had his training jacket while everyone else already had their costumes only.

Then I saw the purple pants. And that was the moment I died.

The guy next to him is 1.93 m! so of course he would look tiny XDDD

But Yuzu has an average height for Asian men (I think in Southeast Asia he can be categorized as a tall man), although I think his small waist is not common :love:

I feel like Lambiel has a soft spot for Yuzuru. I recall that picture of Yuzu giving Stephane a tight hug (I think that was FaOI)? And didn't young zuzu approach Stephane for advise when he was doing those 60 ice shows?

I love that he's has good relations with his fellow skaters... even his awkward interactions with P.Chan is somewhat cute to watch. haha

Definitely taller than I expected. I was watching him from way above, but I could see he was probably the tallest of the group. And, you know, seeing someone in video always twists your perception. Plus he was showing his back to our seats, so my view was gelled hair + purple pants of sin. For a good 30 seconds I was like "Is it him?? Oh my God. Is it him? But IS IT him? I can't believe it. IS HE? Yes he is. BUT HE. BUT."

Ha ha, exactly my feelings! I first saw him in practice (this is the photo I have posted above), talking to Javi. And I was like: "Am I dreaming? Is it really happening?"

I'd say Javi and Yuzu are the same height, at least that was my impression seeing both of them live:

I don't know why but I am under the illusion that Yuzu > Boyang > Javi > Patrick > Nathan > Shoma .......

Sorry Javi :bow:

CJxjeOX.jpg

I think it's Boyang's hair XD and Javi I think has a slightly broader build so that might contribute to the illusion as well

Hey, we're the same height (iirc)! I'm Southeast Asian tho, so in the lower bounds of the average? That aside, the single BUT at the end is rly appropriate, considering what your view was... :devil:

I was really shook™. And yas, join the hug team!

Ha ha, exactly my feelings! I first saw him in practice (this is the photo I have posted above), talking to Javi. And I was like: "Am I dreaming? Is it really happening?"

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

And the FS day, I was kinda closer than my first day because the Helsinki staff let me see Yuzu's FS standing, close to the door but on the first floor (my seat was upstairs, even further away) and seeing him in the H&L costume, talking to Brian... I thought... His face is so clear. Like, he REALLY has an aura. All of the photographers aren't exaggerating. Dis boy really comes from another Planet™.

I think it's Boyang's hair XD and Javi I think has a slightly broader build so that might contribute to the illusion as well

Exactly! I've said this before, that bc Javi has a more bulkier built than Yuzu, he tends to be generally perceived as a taller/bigger guy, when in absolute comparison he's really more around the average range. Yuzu's hips on the other hands is so thin it makes him look even more slender than he is, even if he has really buffed up on his upper arms and thighs as of late.

And I still think Yuzu's at least at Javi's height, if not 1cm taller. But my eyes have been played tricks before so.. I guess I could be wrong :P

I'd say Javi and Yuzu are the same height, at least that was my impression seeing both of them live:

I don't know why but I am under the illusion that Yuzu > Boyang > Javi > Patrick > Nathan > Shoma .......

Sorry Javi :bow:

CJxjeOX.jpg

At least one thing we all know: who's the shortest!

Poor Shoma.

You're right, that's definitely Patrick's hand, and I think his sleeves are way too big. Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I think the best fitting suit he's worn (I'm not an expert) has to be at the Big Sports Award in early 2016?

shohei-and-yuzu-pic3.png?w=547

Source: [link=https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/yuzuru-hanyu-and-shohei-otani-japans-dream-machines/]SportyMags's new blog[/link]/[link=http://www.sanspo.com/baseball/photos/20160116/fig16011605050001-p2.html]SANSPO[/link]

Yuzu's suit is too big while Shohei Otani's suit fits him so well!!! :sadPooh: :sadPooh: :sadPooh: Yuzu, where is your competitive spirit when it comes to suits?? :cry:

Look at that perfect sleeve length which shows just the right amount of shirt cuff, the construction and seaming of the jacket at the shoulders, the fit of the arms, the straight fall of the pants with the right length to give it a slight break and I love the narrow blue pinstripe. You can tell it's well made not just by the fit but also by the way the tailor was careful to make sure the spacing of the stripes is symmetrical on both sides and tried to match the stripes as much as possible at the shoulders and in the darting/pockets of the jackets to give the illusion of continuous stripes even if the fabric is cut/seamed. Shohei, please send Yuzu to your tailor!

To be clear, I don't work in fashion but I have quite a few friends who do and they have taught me to notice these things :yes:

Yuzu's suit is too big while Shohei Otani's suit fits him so well!!! :sadPooh: :sadPooh: :sadPooh: Yuzu, where is your competitive spirit when it comes to suits?? :cry:

Look at that perfect sleeve length which shows just the right amount of shirt cuff, the construction and seaming of the jacket at the shoulders, the fit of the arms, the straight fall of the pants with the right length to give it a slight break and I love the narrow blue pinstripe. You can tell it's well made not just by the fit but also by the way the tailor was careful to make sure the spacing of the stripes is symmetrical on both sides and tried to match the stripes as much as possible at the shoulders and in the darting/pockets of the jackets to give the illusion of continuous stripes even if the fabric is cut/seamed. Shohei, please send Yuzu to your tailor!

To be clear, I don't work in fashion but I have quite a few friends who do and they have taught me to notice these things :yes:

It's great hearing from people on the know! I do like looking at those sorts of details myself though my knowledge is no where near adequate to comment much on them :P

(and it's a good feeling being confirmed of what I originally thought was true) :pbow:

To be honest, the suit in that picture is probably one of the best Yuzu has worn (aside from the red Ghana one) so I can't complain much. It could be worse. Much worse.

I like casual chic!Yuzu the most, though. Like this (though probably not with the white pants).