General Yuzuru Chat

Today has been a good day for me.

I had been waiting for flight confirmation from Air Canada since I require an attendant to travel with me. The attendant has to be physically strong enough to transfer me from the wheelchair to the airplane seat and vice versa. My doctor had to complete a "Fitness for Air Travel" form confirming that I was fit to travel in an airplane and that I required an attendant to travel with me. If a special needs passenger requires an attendant to travel and the flight is totally within Canada, Air Canada will allow the attendant to fly free of charge (except for taxes) if a doctor certifies that an attendant is necessary.

I received flight booking confirmation today for me, my wife and my friend who will be accompanying us to Montréal for the Autumn Classic International.

Furthermore, I had been waiting for confirmation from a vehicle rental company in Montréal that a wheelchair accessible van will be available during our stay in Montréal and I received that today as well.

I had already arranged for accommodations through AirBNB – a three bedroom condo from Tuesday, September 19 until Wednesday, September 27. We plan to do some sightseeing, including driving to Ottawa and Québec City. (Another guy may be able to join us depending on his work situation and hence the third bedroom.)

So now I am really feeling that I am going to the ACI!  :dancingpooh: The only problem is that I was unable to get passes for Friday, September 22 – the short program day. I was a bit late in getting tickets, so I was only able to get four passes for Thursday, September 21 and four passes for Saturday, September 22.

And now, I find out that Javi will also be competing there! Bonus! :clap:

So who's all going? We should try to get together – at least to say "Hi!" If someone has a banner, I will force my friend (who is a guy) to hold it upside down, jump around, and keep yelling, "Hey Yuzu!" and "Hey Javi!", until we get their attention. :rofl:

And tomorrow or so we should be finding out about Yuzu's free program! :smiley-happy085:

1 minute ago, Yolo3a said:

If this is the mayhem before the program is introduced, j wonder about the sanity of anyone later on today (it's 6.20 am in my country) how was it last year??

I don't know but they gave 24hr notice before the announcement was broadcast so I don't think it'll be today.

I wish we had more information on the source that started this frenzy.

14 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Today has been a good day for me.

I had been waiting for flight confirmation from Air Canada since I require an attendant to travel with me. The attendant has to be physically strong enough to transfer me from the wheelchair to the airplane seat and vice versa. My doctor had to complete a "Fitness for Air Travel" form confirming that I was fit to travel in an airplane and that I required an attendant to travel with me. If a special needs passenger requires an attendant to travel and the flight is totally within Canada, Air Canada will allow the attendant to fly free of charge (except for taxes) if a doctor certifies that an attendant is necessary.

I received flight booking confirmation today for me, my wife and my friend who will be accompanying us to Montréal for the Autumn Classic International.

Furthermore, I had been waiting for confirmation from a vehicle rental company in Montréal that a wheelchair accessible van will be available during our stay in Montréal and I received that today as well.

I had already arranged for accommodations through AirBNB – a three bedroom condo from Tuesday, September 19 until Wednesday, September 27. We plan to do some sightseeing, including driving to Ottawa and Québec City. (Another guy may be able to join us depending on his work situation and hence the third bedroom.)

So now I am really feeling that I am going to the ACI!  :dancingpooh: The only problem is that I was unable to get passes for Friday, September 22 – the short program day. I was a bit late in getting tickets, so I was only able to get four passes for Thursday, September 21 and four passes for Saturday, September 22.

And now, I find out that Javi will also be competing there! Bonus! :clap:

So who's all going? We should try to get together – at least to say "Hi!" If someone has a banner, I will force my friend (who is a guy) to hold it upside down, jump around, and keep yelling, "Hey Yuzu!" and "Hey Javi!", until we get their attention. :rofl:

And tomorrow or so we should be finding out about Yuzu's free program! :smiley-happy085:

Awh!! That's such great news! I hope you have the best time :))

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I don't know but they gave 24hr notice before the announcement was broadcast so I don't think it'll be today.

I wish we had more information on the source that started this frenzy.

The first mention of it that I know of was in a Japanese article several months ago, which is linked to here in the Source column.

It mentioned that there would be an open practice day at TCC around the first week of August.

Then a few days ago, apparently a host on a Japanese show (not familiar with the name of the host, so I promptly forgot lol) mentioned that the press day would be on the 8th Aug. I believe that's where the date came from. But as you've probably read earlier in the thread, the original poster deleted her tweet on this, since she wasn't sure it was official info to be shared. Not sure either how reliable the info from the host who mentioned it was since I didn't see the show itself, but I guess it's the most specific info we have so far on the date of the reveal, and now everyone is having heart attacks anticipating lol.

It is evening here (toronto time), so tomorrow could be the media day of practice and the music reveal.... or not. Either way, not much longer until she blows !!!!  I didnt think it would be today, since it was a holiday and the coaches might not be there... we know Brian loves his cottage!!!  

Just because it is open all the time does not mean coaches are always there. 

11 minutes ago, liv said:

It is evening here (toronto time), so tomorrow could be the media day of practice and the music reveal.... or not. Either way, not much longer until she blows !!!!  I didnt think it would be today, since it was a holiday and the coaches might not be there... we know Brian loves his cottage!!! 

Closed only one day a year - Christmas - according to Brian. This is as hard as waiting to open a suspiciously sock-shaped Christmas present that might be SEIMEI 2.0 but probably just socks.