General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I cannot say often enough how much Notte Stellata means to me. It is the program that brought me to this sport and made me a fan. It is the program that inspired me to create so many artworks.

But above all, it is the program that helped me to overcome the grief of losing my grandma two years ago and my aunt this summer. This week we got the phone call that my grandpa probably has only few days left, but due to the strict Corona regulations we are not allowed to visit him in the old people's home for the time being. It makes you feel so helpless, when there's nothing you can do, just praying and waiting for news... and again, rewatching this program somehow calmed and comforted me. Again.

How amazing is that - a skate that can heal wounds, soothe pain and give you solace, when nothing else can. What a special skater and powerful program that must be. I am so grateful.

I'm so sorry to hear that about your grandfather. I hope a way can be found for your family to be with him at least a little bit.  These are difficult times and you have my sympathy.

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Am I the only one who is not receiving daily posting on this forum?  I'll go days with nothing and then get 25 or 50 messages, some dating back a week.  Frustrating....

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Same for me.

Check the settings for notifications on your account. If you go into 'account',  'account settings' , scroll down to 'Other settings' , click 'notificatiin settings' and there's a place where you can choose how often and what kind you get

15 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Have you tried reloading the website from time to time? I have noticed that there are times when the notification regarding new posts does not appear at the bottom. For example, today, I came here expecting to see at least a couple of new posts, but there was nothing indicated. When I reloaded the website, a few new posts showed up.

I'll try that - I thought it might have something to do with the re-vamped site, but it could easily be my computer.... Thanks

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Check the settings for notifications on your account. If you go into 'account',  'account settings' , scroll down to 'Other settings' , click 'notificatiin settings' and there's a place where you can choose how often and what kind you get

My settings are fine - so it must be a need to re-load the page altogether.  It just seemed weird and I'm glad I'm not the only one...

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Am I the only one who is not receiving daily posting on this forum?  I'll go days with nothing and then get 25 or 50 messages, some dating back a week.  Frustrating....

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

Same for me.

26 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Have you tried reloading the website from time to time? I have noticed that there are times when the notification regarding new posts does not appear at the bottom. For example, today, I came here expecting to see at least a couple of new posts, but there was nothing indicated. When I reloaded the website, a few new posts showed up.

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's due to an issue with our server. I have been looking into it for a couple days, and finally they escalated the issue. I believe it should be solved now... sorry about that :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

It's also what causes the view counts of the threads/videos to not change.

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I cannot say often enough how much Notte Stellata means to me. It is the program that brought me to this sport and made me a fan. It is the program that inspired me to create so many artworks.

But above all, it is the program that helped me to overcome the grief of losing my grandma two years ago and my aunt this summer. This week we got the phone call that my grandpa probably has only few days left, but due to the strict Corona regulations we are not allowed to visit him in the old people's home for the time being. It makes you feel so helpless, when there's nothing you can do, just praying and waiting for news... and again, rewatching this program somehow calmed and comforted me. Again.

How amazing is that - a skate that can heal wounds, soothe pain and give you solace, when nothing else can. What a special skater and powerful program that must be. I am so grateful.

Brian Orser's father passed away in March, 2017 before the Helsinki World Championships. Brian had been very close to his father. He apparently did not tell anyone about it, but Yuzu sensed Brian's sadness. At the 2017 Helsinki WC Gala, Yuzu came to Brian after skating "Notte Stellata" and said, "This performance was for your father." Brian was deeply touched and moved by this.

23 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Brian Orser's father passed away in March, 2017 before the Helsinki World Championships. Brian had been very close to his father. He apparently did not tell anyone about it, but Yuzu sensed Brian's sadness. At the 2017 Helsinki WC Gala, Yuzu came to Brian after skating "Notte Stellata" and said, "This performance was for your father." Brian was deeply touched and moved by this.

Yes, I remember that special tribute, too. Usually it's the coaches who support and comfort their students. It's always great to see that the support can be mutual as well, especially in such hard times.

It's very rare that a skating program can touch my soul this way. Requiem and Haru Yo Koi, Keegan's tribute to his deceased brother or Jason's Schindler's List. They could do that, too. In different ways. Creating this moment of silence and peace. This is something that is immeasurable in points.

I guess, this is only possible, if there is a personal, life-changing experience behind your performance. When you really know, what you're talking - or skating - about. That gives your program its substance.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Well, now I'm crying.