General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, mmmrazorz said:

:sadPooh: i miss yuzu skating so much....theres a rumour nathan already landed 4a? Personally i wont believe it until i saw it with my own eyes but ngl i'll be sad if its true :weeping:

It comes from an unreliable source and nothing confirms it, I am sure it's not true. It'd be all over the internet already if it really happened :P Nathan himself said a few days ago that the triple Axel is his nemesis and it's a long way to go before he even attempts a quad.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:39 AM, mmmrazorz said:

:sadPooh: i miss yuzu skating so much....theres a rumour nathan already landed 4a? Personally i wont believe it until i saw it with my own eyes but ngl i'll be sad if its true :weeping:

When he lands his 3A on a hope and a prayer half the time? Yeah, right. 

(also, hi, after lurking since January, I finally speak. nice to meet y'all) 

26 minutes ago, QuadOllie said:

When he lands his 3A on a hope and a prayer half the time? Yeah, right. 

But, even if he does have it, he's not gonna use it any time soon. Since Yuzu has had his ready for so long (at least since before Worlds were meant to be) and just hasn't had a chance to compete, it would be a real jerk move to do it first, and Nate doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. 

(also, hi, after lurking since January, I finally speak. nice to meet y'all) 

hello!! Nice to meet you :)

hmm, honestly I wouldn’t think of it as a jerk move, it’s sports, it’s competition after all, Nathan doesn’t owe Yuzuru anything in that sense. Of course as a Yuzu fan I would hope for Yuzu to be the first to land it, but if Nathan or anyone else lands it first it will be an incredible achievement as well, and I will certainly applaud them! I wonder if Yuzu has caught wind of this rumour, it’s been floating around...

On 10/27/2020 at 1:39 PM, FlyingCamel said:

hmm, honestly I wouldn’t think of it as a jerk move, it’s sports, it’s competition after all, Nathan doesn’t owe Yuzuru anything in that sense. Of course as a Yuzu fan I would hope for Yuzu to be the first to land it, but if Nathan or anyone else lands it first it will be an incredible achievement as well, and I will certainly applaud them! I wonder if Yuzu has caught wind of this rumour, it’s been floating around...

Honestly, it just makes me think of how American media gushed about Vincent landing the first 4Lz at the Olympics and ignored that fact that that was only true because Vincent went before Boyang. Athletes getting a "first" on the technicality of getting to go before the other guy who was going to do it has never sat right with me. Like, if two skaters both landed a clean 4A for the first time at the same competition, I would consider them both to be the "first", even if that title would only go to whoever happened to skate first.  

Regarding Nathan and the rumoured 4A, first, I don’t believe it’s true since Nathan has trouble landing a proper 3A and, second, Yuzu’s goal is to be the first skater to cleanly land the 4A in a sanctioned competition, not just in practice. Was Nathan’s rumoured 4A allegedly landed in a sanctioned competition?

Also, if Nathan was capable of landing a 4A, I don’t think he would give a second thought to whether he was stepping on Yuzu’s toes by doing it.

Like I said, there's no way its true, especially since it supposedly happened during a private practice session and the source has been proven untrustworthy before. 

8 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Also, if Nathan was capable of landing a 4A, I don’t think he would give a second thought to whether he was stepping on Yuzu’s toes by doing it.

Maybe I just have too much faith in there still being reasonable people in this sport. I've been a casual fan of skating for years and only just started getting into the nitty gritty of it, I guess I haven't been disillusioned yet :laughing:

Pfffft, what humbug has now come abuzz??

Nathan, aiming for Nessie? When it is a known fact that he isn't even very comfortable with jumping 3A?? Bollocks I say!

If the rumor goes that other skaters were said to have landed the first 4A, I would have believed it were it Keegan Messing (I personally only trusted his progress on his attempt on it), but even he had to scale back on that attempt and prioritized chasing for 4Lz instead. And now some people wanted me to believe that Nathan has it in the bag? The rumor isn't even believable!

I try my hardest not to direct my unfavorable feelings towards Nathan so excuse me before I start spouting foul words to USFSA and its goons...>:(:mad::censor:

3 minutes ago, QuadOllie said:

Like I said, there's no way its true, especially since it supposedly happened during a private practice session and the source has been proven untrustworthy before. 

Maybe I just have too much faith in there still being reasonable people in this sport. I've been a casual fan of skating for years and only just started getting into the nitty gritty of it, I guess I haven't been disillusioned yet :laughing:

It isn’t a question of being reasonable. These are highly competitive elite athletes. They are always trying to outdo each other. That is the whole point of being in competition. The fact that they want to be the best or the first to accomplish something is natural.

8 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

It isn’t a question of being reasonable. These are highly competitive elite athletes. They are always trying to outdo each other. That is the whole point of being in competition. The fact that they want to be the best or the first to accomplish something is natural.

That's fair. I guess I'm putting too much thought into the political side.