General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I mean in the article itself, who said he's skipping? I kinda want to not worry about anything unless i hear it from JSF or Team Hanyu...

Same. But it's almost 5 in the morning here, so if it's confirmed other media will also start reporting it soon...

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I mean in the article itself, who said he's skipping? I kinda want to not worry about anything unless i hear it from JSF or Team Hanyu...

Ah, yes. I doubt they'd speak randomly, but yes, it'd be nice to see a JSF statement...

I think that we're panicking because of a lot of reasons:

• Skipping the team event makes us think he might not be 100% ready or healed
    • Maybe he just wants to focus 1000000% of his energy on the individual event, instead of risking using up all that kuyashii there.
  • We feel like he's missing a valuable experience before the individual event.
    • Might be, but i'm sure his team has balanced the pros and cons, and while some have posted that they can see more cons than pros, remember that we don't really know anything about his current condition, motivation and how he's feeling. His team knows and they must have taken that and other factors we can't see into account to make this decision.
  • We haven't seen him in a long time
    • We are human. We miss him. It's obvious that we know that we have to wait a bit more now and it makes us feel not too good (not towards him, but... it's been such a long drought...)

I think we should have a bit more faith in him, if there's one thing he excels at is at coming back even stronger than before after a difficult situation. We will panic the first time we see him/get word of him falling during practice, or if he has a not so good practice because we will be all "what if he had a bad practice because he still isn't in a good condition". It's like when you're telling scary stories and every single sound out of the normal makes you flinch.

There's no one who wants this more than him, let's have faith in that he has done everything that was within his control to maximize his chances of obtaining that dream.

Sankei
http://www.sankei.com/pyeongchang2018/news/180203/pye1802030003-n1.html

and Mainichi @KatjaThera refferred to
https://mainichi.jp/sportsspecial/articles/20180203/ddm/035/050/110000c

I'm calm. It's less than a month since he has gotten back on the ice, so this is probably good for him. I'll miss him though.

But we'll see him in about ten days and we'll probably get a glimpse of how he's coming back in the documentary too...