General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I think that we're panicking because of a lot of reasons:

• Skipping the team event makes us think he might not be 100% ready or healed
    • Maybe he just wants to focus 1000000% of his energy on the individual event, instead of risking using up all that kuyashii there.
  • We feel like he's missing a valuable experience before the individual event.
    • Might be, but i'm sure his team has balanced the pros and cons, and while some have posted that they can see more cons than pros, remember that we don't really know anything about his current condition, motivation and how he's feeling. His team knows and they must have taken that and other factors we can't see into account to make this decision.
  • We haven't seen him in a long time
    • We are human. We miss him. It's obvious that we know that we have to wait a bit more now and it makes us feel not too good (not towards him, but... it's been such a long drought...)

I think we should have a bit more faith in him, if there's one thing he excels at is at coming back even stronger than before after a difficult situation. We will panic the first time we see him/get word of him falling during practice, or if he has a not so good practice because we will be all "what if he had a bad practice because he still isn't in a good condition". It's like when you're telling scary stories and every single sound out of the normal makes you flinch.

There's no one who wants this more than him, let's have faith in that he has done everything that was within his control to maximize his chances of obtaining that dream.

I'd like to point out there'll be panic even if he has good practices lol

But thank you for being the voice of reason. To be honest, I joked about cue in panic, but if it really got panicky in here, I'd probably have to take a step back to stay calm myself ^_^; I was one of those not thinking skipping the team event was a disaster and I kind of saw it coming, but panic is pretty contagious...

hace 11 minutos , Forcefield said:

I see more cons than pros. I see Kim Yuna in Sochi happening once some wunderkid gets the momentum from a brilliant Team Event. I worry about no competitions at all.

Sotnikova didn't participate in Team event and had no momentum going to individual. My feeling is that Yuna's  scenario will not repeat. And Yuzu set a new WR at his first competition this season. 

Idk, I was worried about him having perfect perfomances at Team event and then forcing himself to be perfect again in the individual. It makes me remember what happened to Yulia.    

I am personally glad he is not doing it.. I understand the concerns about him not competing for a long time but I was really worried about the period between the team and the individual events were he would be losing practice time, suffer the scrutiny of the media, and the added pressure from whatever the result of the team event would be.

He is better off hiding in TCC,  training as much as he needs and then  just come for the olympics as if it is any other competition  :shrug:

14 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I think that we're panicking because of a lot of reasons:

• Skipping the team event makes us think he might not be 100% ready or healed
    • Maybe he just wants to focus 1000000% of his energy on the individual event, instead of risking using up all that kuyashii there.
  • We feel like he's missing a valuable experience before the individual event.
    • Might be, but i'm sure his team has balanced the pros and cons, and while some have posted that they can see more cons than pros, remember that we don't really know anything about his current condition, motivation and how he's feeling. His team knows and they must have taken that and other factors we can't see into account to make this decision.
  • We haven't seen him in a long time
    • We are human. We miss him. It's obvious that we know that we have to wait a bit more now and it makes us feel not too good (not towards him, but... it's been such a long drought...)

I think we should have a bit more faith in him, if there's one thing he excels at is at coming back even stronger than before after a difficult situation. We will panic the first time we see him/get word of him falling during practice, or if he has a not so good practice because we will be all "what if he had a bad practice because he still isn't in a good condition". It's like when you're telling scary stories and every single sound out of the normal makes you flinch.

There's no one who wants this more than him, let's have faith in that he has done everything that was within his control to maximize his chances of obtaining that dream.

True. Also adding

I'm also always worried about the politics/judging of figure skating and many of the big guns will be at the team event where there will be a big push and pull, and Hanyu being out may not help if the wunderkids gets inflation that reflects to the individual event and he's out of the loop. This is because I think Hanyu's momentum and scoring from the TE in Sochi indirectly impacted and brought up the scoring of his more perfect skate in the single sp.

Now I just have to relieve this panic with knowing that Javi who doesn't give a shizzle about the team event anyway (because obvious) is never bothered.

*prays*

Eta:

@Floria Right, Adelina. Thank you for another logical reasoning.

hace 4 minutos , Neenah said:

suffer the scrutiny of the media, and the added pressure from whatever the result of the team event would be.

This. If he does well the pressure to be perfect in the individial will increase exponentially.

And if not media will write him off as always. 

9 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

True. Also adding

I'm also always worried about the politics/judging of figure skating and many of the big guns will be at the team event where there will be a big push and pull, and Hanyu being out may not help if the wunderkids gets inflation that reflects to the individual event and he's out of the loop. This is because I think Hanyu's momentum and scoring from the TE in Sochi indirectly impacted and brought up the scoring of his more perfect skate in the single sp.

Now I just have to relieve this panic with knowing that Javi who doesn't give a shizzle about the team event anyway (because obvious) is never bothered.

*prays*

Eta:

@Floria Right, Adelina. Thank you for another logical reasoning.

Yuzuru has the momentum of his career. He doesn't need the Team Event for momentum. He just needs to skate clean and if any extra week of dedicated practice will help him, then by all means, use it.

I read the news...

It's not that I'm upset about team events but.. I'm more worried because he could've made that decision because he needs more time to practice.... which could be because he's not 100% back.................

fuck my sanity :facepalm:

:dpooh::squishedPooh::POOH::Poohgaveup::salty::sadPooh:

someone please help me calm down... im a dying cactus again.. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

I read the news...

It's not that I'm upset about team events but.. I'm more worried because he could've made that decision because he needs more time to practice.... which could be because he's not 100% back.................

fuck my sanity :facepalm:

:dpooh::squishedPooh::POOH::Poohgaveup::salty::sadPooh:

someone please help me calm down... im a dying cactus again.. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

We don't know anything about his current condition, he may be at 99% but wants to be 100% ready that's why he may decide to practice more. Let's trust him and his decision, whatever it is. I have a feeling that he's going to be fine. :smile: