General Yuzuru Chat

24 分, robinさんが言いました:

I doubt Yuzu would give away (or lend) his ogm :P 

Well, if it's a replica, it's an exceptionally well-made one. But I guess it wouldn't be hard to do in a country that regularly churns out beautiful medals for athletic events they host.

(Tho for a moment there I did think maybe the guy lost his marbles and donated it...)

fotoefeitos.com__final_45315878021326995

Thanks Gladi, for the incredible work and all the supporters of the project, the banner was beautiful. I was at work when I saw the video and I could not control the tears of happiness. Thank you, my little message is there. I'm so happy. Yuzu, for sure, will appreciate every detail. May our love for him make him stronger and more powerful, with equi- librium to overcome the new challenges. We are with you Yuzu. Ganbatte !!!
Thank you Hanyu Planet! Thanks to all the satellites for the updates. We went from joy to pain and from pain to joy but we are together. We live on a great roller coaster of emotions, but if it were not so, it would not be Yuzuru.
I'll be traveling with my family, so Happy New Year !! I desire a rain of blessings with wisdom, health and love for all and their families. May our boy receive all the gold he wants and be healthy and happy. So be it!
Sorry my bad english.

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

I wait for the moment when those two will put their genius together for a program! Ex or otherwise ... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Huh. I find it a bit sad thst Yuzu's massive "scope", as Misha calls it, prevents him from doing what he wants, that it's difficult to break out of the machine that keeps his career in motion. Oh well, some sacrifices have to be made, I guess. I hope we will be able to see the collaboration though.

17 hours ago, Xen said:

The lunge that Yuzu does is called a pistol lunge I think? It's a lot harder, because instead of putting your free foot flat against the ice, your free leg is turned outwards, so your legs are now essentially turned out about 180 degrees.

If Yuzu has had any ballet training he should be able to handle it.  In ballet, turnout, as it is called, is a rotation of the legs FROM THE HIP to 180 degrees (ideally).  Not everybody can do it.  They have to have the genes that shape the pelvis to allow that degree of rotation.  Turnout is absolutely central to ballet.  The so-called 'five basic positions' are all variations of the placement of the feet in a turnout position.  With all good dancers it is so ingrained as to be routine.  The crucial factor here is that the turnout is done from the hip and does not involve the knees or ankles.  If not done from the hip the knees and ankles can be dangerously stressed.  I don't know if Yuzu has had any formal ballet training but if he has, he would have known about turnout and been trained in it from his very first lesson.  Considering his legendary flexibility I would think he probably mastered it easily.  The thing is that turnout is also something that can leave one vulnerable to injuries since it is not a 'natural' position.  Committed dancers, though, learn to minimize those dangers.  If Yuzu has had ankle or knee problems they might be related to an insufficient care made to guard against turnout injuries.  I don't know whether that is the case or not.  From looking at the video of the fall that precipitated all this I can't say, although I will note that when he fell he was momentarily in a full-split.  That he had no groin or pelvic injuries would seem to indicate he has plenty of pelvic flexibility.  In any case I felt that those who might not already know should know that a 180 degree rotation is not something that should be automatically feared as unnatural since with ballet dancers it is absolutely routine and one should not be quick to think his position in his lunge is difficult to achieve.  If the ballet training he might have had has been absorbed, the turnout would be routine.

30 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Huh. I find it a bit sad thst Yuzu's massive "scope", as Misha calls it, prevents him from doing what he wants, that it's difficult to break out of the machine that keeps his career in motion. Oh well, some sacrifices have to be made, I guess. I hope we will be able to see the collaboration though.

Indeed... :6a6943826e43:

58 分, Moria Poloniusさんが言いました:

It makes sense that this would be the case though, if the choreography for his programs is bankrolled by sponsors. It's probably the same with many other skaters, especially Japanese and Russian ones. I imagine they wouldn't say no if he insisted but there seems to be too much work and red tape to go through when he's already got choreographers he's comfortable with building his competition programs and he has other things to focus on than jumping through multiple hoops just to secure a choreographer that isn't yet on JSF's speed dial--yet--for an EX. There are ice shows but the guy usually just skates his programs there. Plus, Ge is still an active competitor himself and one that isn't based in Canada or Japan so he wouldn't be able to accommodate as well as the ones Hanyu usually goes to, schedule-wise.

It would be really swell to see it happening one day, though. Hopefully before Hanyu leaves the competitive stage. I'm pretty certain Ge could help bring out something else in him that we don't yet know he has. (:

Ge seems to be rather well-received in Japan and he's got some familiar names on his client list already so if he manages to build up the necessary connections, we may not have to wait that long.

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I wait for the moment when those two will put their genius together for a program! Ex or otherwise ... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Wow and here he is not under any management but still he has to see the approval of so many people...

Well i guess that's what you get for being a national treasure :shrug:

I hope we'll their EX one day