General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Can't believe we were so happy about him resting after the flight and skipping practice :facepalm: I'm going to have real trust issues from now on. 

Hush, it was actually good decision on his (his team's?) part!...followed by ridiculous one, but how can you help it before you know it, it's always 50:50 ratio. Oooookay 40:60 in Yuzu's case I guess, he's the do or die type if he doesn't have someone behind his back to go 'Yuzuuuuu' in a very calm and very dangerous tone of voice. I suppose his mom didn't want to do that in public place so soon after landing/maybe she was tired...

Think of this on the bright side:

- No GPF, less hype, less pressure into Olympic

- Less pressure on his injury, more time to heal

- Yuzuru will be fired up for National or 4CC (if he will attend either) and he will do well to win the Olympic too.

- No NHK, no GPF... he delays his peak for National (or 4CC) and Olympics.

This is what I am trying to tell myself these days. 

33 minutes ago, Smultron said:

:facepalm: I'm going to have real trust issues from now on. 

Feel bad for his future SO (significant other). Think about it:

Future SO: Yuzu, I'm going to be gone for 3 days, during this time, will you be okay? 

Yuzu (big grin): Yes. 

Future SO: I wrote instructions taped to the fridge in case you need to figure out how to microwave anything, and the locations of all the food I made in advance, so you don't live off of ramen. You read it right? Any questions?

Yuzu (continue grinning): Yes, no worries, it'll be perfect. 

3 days later, SO comes back to a partially burned down kitchen due to someone burning the ramen. "What happened?!" The SO asks. The reply is :notamused:

In summary: we are all suckers for his grin. 

Edit: sorry if this offends anyone, I'm hoping some humor over his cooking ability (or lack of it) can bring some sunshine to this week. 

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

Future SO: Yuzu, I'm going to be gone for 3 days, during this time, will you be okay? 

Future SO: I wrote instructions taped to the fridge in case you need to figure out how to microwave anything, and the locations of all the food I made in advance, so you don't live off of ramen. You read it right? Any questions?

3 days later, SO comes back to a partially burned down kitchen due to someone burning the ramen. "What happened?!" The SO asks. The reply is :notamused:

Edit: sorry if this offends anyone, I'm hoping some humor over his cooking ability (or lack of it) can bring some sunshine to this week. 

This gave me a laugh :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

10 minutes ago, meoima said:

- Yuzuru will be fired up for National or 4CC (if he will attend either) and he will do well to win.

You are so good at keeping this place (somewhat) sane :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:  This sounds very reasonable and soothing...

18 minutes ago, meoima said:

- Yuzuru will be fired up for National or 4CC (if he will attend either) and he will do well to win.

:thanks:

I have more propositions, although they are much more shallow-minded/knowledgable than yours^^

Add lots of Kuyashii to fire himself up properly,

more time to research and calculate the best route, work out on the 'weak' points,

more time to play with the choreography to find the one feeling the best and polish it,

more time for fitting the costume and correcting it so that it feels both super-comfortable and super-accurate to his image of it,

more time to rewatch Onmyouji movies to better channel this parts of SEIMEI paying tribute to it,

more time to make sure his skates will be in a broken in but not broken down state for the important comps.

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

When he said he was in perfect condition. I should have realize he tend to lie. Im going to second guess everything that comes out of his mouth now. Lol. :waffle:

Why think he lied? When he said he was in great condition, it was on Tuesday, when he arrived in Japan. Nothing says he wasn't. The fever probably came the day after he arrived (Wednesday) and by Thursday's practice, it had taken its toll on him and... well... *sigh*

31 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think his future SO will become besties with his mum...

Future SO: I'll be gone for 3 days, will he be ok?

Mama Hanyu: Don't worry, I'm coming over these 3 days to make sure he doesn't starve himself.

3 days later...

Future SO: Anything happened while I was gone?

Mama Hanyu: You know the answer to that...I'm only here for damage control :facepalm:

Future SO + Mama Hanyu: :gaah::gaah::drunk:

32 minutes ago, meoima said:

- Yuzuru will be fired up for National or 4CC (if he will attend either) and he will do well to win the Olympic too.

There'll be less pressure on him because for once, he isn't the reigning GPF champion, although he did not lose at all. It's time for the youngsters to share the pressure the uncles and Yuzu have been going through.

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Why think he lied? When he said he was in great condition, it was on Tuesday, when he arrived to Japan. Nothing says he wasn't. The fever probably came the day after he arrived (Wednesday) and by Thursday's practice, it had taken its toll on him and... well... *sigh*

Or just not say the whole truth. To be honest, that's what I got from it (going to rewatch it just to be sure)  It was a question about condition, to a sportsman. It's obvious that he can interpret it as an on-ice condition-how training and runthroughs went lately, how much conditioning he is able to get, how his skates feel...he didn't have to necessarily speak about his condition as in 'How do you feel? How is your health rn?'

Well, those are my guesses...

50 minutes ago, meoima said:

Still no message from JSF? I am now thinking missing the Nagoya GPF is a GOOD thing.

Yes, peak at the right time!

@SparkleSaladDid you take any pictures with the Yuzu light box? I heard they turned it off?????

10 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Or just not say the whole truth. To be honest, that's what I got from it (going to rewatch it just to be sure)  It was a question about condition, to a sportsman. It's obvious that he can interpret it as an on-ice condition-how training and runthroughs went lately, how much conditioning he is able to get, how his skates feel...he didn't have to necessarily speak about his condition as in 'How do you feel? How is your health rn?'

Well, those are my guesses...

That was what I was thinking too. But who knows now. :smiley-sad021: