General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Look at us, Evil Fanyus from Pooh Hell feeling worried/sad about Patrick WDing...

:rofl:

A bit because he was supposed to be *THE* competition for Yuzuru in NHK... and we know what happens when Yuzu loses motivation to win xD (But I am sure he is already full of Kuyashii because of his silvers). But also because Patrick is in a, well, delicate age... if he starts withdrawing from stuff...starts having recurring injuries/pains that have to do with age, he might not be able to be in a fit condition by Olympics times, right? And that means retiring, basically. A la Plushenko. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

A bit because he was supposed to be *THE* competition for Yuzuru in NHK... and we know what happens when Yuzu loses motivation to win xD (But I am sure he is already full of Kuyashii because of his silvers). But also because Patrick is in a, well, delicate age... if he starts withdrawing from stuff...starts having recurring injuries/pains that have to do with age, he might not be able to be in a fit condition by Olympics times, right? And that means retiring, basically. A la Plushenko. 

Well Yuzu needs to perform well regardless. It's home soil, and there are guys who could still place well if he messes up (Jason Brown, Adam Rippon, even Aliev). It's his to lose, which is the theme of the season so far. 

3 часа назад, Forcefield сказал:

I thought she said no men deserved a gold in Sochi. If she said that too, wow. Surprised she likes him now, but I give her props for appreciating skaters that prove her wrong. I think she was on the train for Seimei 2015-2016, so something happened between Sochi and that.

Well, I don't know when it happened either, but in Sochi TAT was already rooting for Yuzu (in addition to cheering up for Plush, of course). I still remember her comments during Yuzu's performance: she kept calling him talented, amazing and so on. Her interview about "nobody deserved victory" was a bit sharp, but it's just her style. Basically, the idea of that interview was the same as in Yuzu's interviews of that period: "nobody was clean and that's a shame". She repeated the same idea from the positive point of view, while she commented Rostelecom: she said that Yuzu already won his Olympic gold, but couldn't be satisfied because he wasn't clean.

Need to do a research about Nice, because I absolutely don't remember what she said that time. 

2 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

hopefully it's not an Injury

I would hazard a guess that it isn't an injury – at least not a physical one. It may be the result of an injury to his ego stemming from his disastrous free skate at Skate Canada International.

I had a feeling that he might withdraw from NHK Trophy after his result at Skate Canada International. This was even before reading the National Post article of October 28, 2017 "Patrick Chan falls apart in final Skate Canada International": http://nationalpost.com/sports/olympics/patrick-chan-emphasizing-his-strengths-and-passions-in-final-season 

This is his final competitive season and he is scheduled to skate again at NHK Trophy November 10-12. He hinted at a withdrawal as a potential strategy.

"I come to these events and the novelty is a bit worn off unfortunately."

He sounds defeated, which is obviously to be expected after a performance gone sideways. But the bigger issue is that he wants no part of the quad revolution, and will have to defend the strategy all year. That too could get tiring.

3 hours ago, 5expressions said:

In Nice she was rooting for that Joubert fellow, I recall her saying something to the effect that Joubert had the skate of his life and redeemed himself there after a horrible string of performances(? not quite sure, never followed his career), so he should’ve been awarded for it with the bronze. Though it seemed to have escaped her that Yuzu too had had a redemption skate that got a standing ovation and was technically superior to Joubert and totally deserved it more. I guess she was too emotionally invested in Joubert managing to leave his shite year behind and delivering at the world stage, and seemed to be implying that Yuzu was young, so had ample time ahead of him to prove himself and win laurels later. 

Brian Joubert was copying Yagudin for a while (not so much later on) so you get where Tat's love for him.

3 hours ago, dancingnoodles said:

With the new line up, is NHK gonna be a one man show? Also I guess this means we won't see Patrick at GPF either... Some foreseeable changes in top 6 after this season?

I hope this isn't actually demotivating to Yuzu, not having one of the top men to challenge him. I hope he is challenged just by, you know, being pissed off at Shoma winning SC gold before him, at Javi and Nathan winning over him and now at having another upstart hitting 100+ in his SP (Mikhail). Maybe that'll be enough motivation for him. :biggrin:

Not serious about this, but Yuzu got his silver quota done, but what about his yearly GPS rivalry with Patrick? :confused0066:

The pattern is broken. :drama:

But Yuzu probably broke it when he did better than Skate Canada at COR. :knc_brian1:

But more seriously this Olympic season is really shaping up to be a monster year, with the monster on one side and skaters on the other. And mighty unpredictable.

43 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I would hazard a guess that it isn't an injury – at least not a physical one. It may be the result of an injury to his ego stemming from his disastrous free skate at Skate Canada International.

I had a feeling that he might withdraw from NHK Trophy after his result at Skate Canada International. This was even before reading the National Post article of October 28, 2017 "Patrick Chan falls apart in final Skate Canada International": http://nationalpost.com/sports/olympics/patrick-chan-emphasizing-his-strengths-and-passions-in-final-season 

This is his final competitive season and he is scheduled to skate again at NHK Trophy November 10-12. He hinted at a withdrawal as a potential strategy.

"I come to these events and the novelty is a bit worn off unfortunately."

He sounds defeated, which is obviously to be expected after a performance gone sideways. But the bigger issue is that he wants no part of the quad revolution, and will have to defend the strategy all year. That too could get tiring.

This reminds me of this blog post from Rostelecom Cup.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it, and you can bet that Mr. Hanyu remembers how Patrick Chan was eventually technically outgunned by younger, hungrier skaters during the second half of the 2010-2014 Olympic cycle.

Sad, but so true...:sadPooh:

Since this is the general Yuzuru chat, I shall say that Yuzu's ability to transform kuyashii into motivation is a very unique strength of his. With so much pressure, unfair judging, media scrutiny, Yuzu is still standing. Maybe he has felt defeated, maybe he has thought of quitting, but he didn't, and he's still fighting!

I think his motivation is internal- which (besides being well brought up and a nice person) is why he berates himself when he loses instead of having a go at the opposition.  I am sorry Patrick has withdrawn - I liked him better last season than I have ever done before - pre Sochi his behaviour was a bit smug, and chanflation was a real thing which he seemed to accept as his due.  Last season he wasn't being snide in press conferences - his comments about quads didn't seem to me  to be the snippy sort of comments he used to make but more of a senior concerned about changes.  It's just my opinion for what it's worth.  Perhaps he's just fed up with the whole business - time to go and sit by a vineyard once he's done his duty in PC?

54 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

This reminds me of this blog post from Rostelecom Cup.

Sad, but so true...:sadPooh:

Since this is the general Yuzuru chat, I shall say that Yuzu's ability to transform kuyashii into motivation is a very unique strength of his. With so much pressure, unfair judging, media scrutiny, Yuzu is still standing. Maybe he has felt defeated, maybe he has thought of quitting, but he didn't, and he's still fighting!

That's why Yuzuru is still the best.

New day - new interview. Plush this time. And of course journalist asked about Yuzu. :biggrin:

First question was about Plush's personal participation in different shows. Plush sad that he always participate in his own ones and "I always gladly accept the invitation of Yuzuru Hanyu. He is an accomplished athlete, his show is very popular in Japan". Indeed. :smiley-laughing021:

Then journalist asked if Plush knows Yuzu personally (come on, guy, are you serious now?).

"If I'm not mistaken, when he was eight years old, he intentionally came to my performances in Japan. And he still says that he looks up to Evgeni Plushenko, in spite of the fact that he already surpassed me in some components. We shouldn't be embarrassed by the fact that every next generation surpasses the previous one - in technique, in complexity. I admit it readily".

The interview in general focuses on Plushenko's plans and partly on Adelina. 

http://portal-kultura.ru/articles/sport/172590-evgeniy-plyushchenko-v-shchelkunchike-osobaya-rol-otvedena-adeline-sotnikovoy/