Everything posted by sweetwater
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Yuzu statues have already arrived at Kumamoto Source: https://kumamotofukkofes.com/?p=132 According to the source, the city of Kumamoto and the skating federation of Kumamoto city will hold a festival called "Kumamoto Fukko Fes" (My translation: Recovery of Kumamoto festival) and exhibit the bench in the festival. They say, "Come and see the bench!" They also say that they are very grateful for Yuzu knowing how he cares about the recovery of Kumamoto and that they wish him good luck in PyeongChang and will be cheering for him in Kumamoto.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Preview of NHK documentary Warning: the footage of NHK official practice from 0:11-0:16 ETA: Better quality video Warning: the footage from 00:15-00:19
-
General Yuzuru Chat
!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!! AAAAAAA Hi Yuzu! How are you doing!!!??? Seems like this is the source of photo: http://www.city.kumamoto.jp/common/UploadFileDsp.aspx?c_id=5&id=18209&sub_id=1&flid=126295 Along with the autograph, seems like a Yuzu-shaped object (something like this?) is coming to Kumamoto. I often wait for someone better especially when the content of the text is important. It's also difficult to correct a mistake in English once I made it...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Sorry it's very long I can agree with you on how to interpret the original question and how Iron Klaus translated it in his/her tweet. However, the reason why I posted my own translation of the original question was to make it clear that no one actually stated that Yuzu was inferior to Nathan or Tatsuki in that question as a fact. My stress was on the bolded part. I don’t know if the person who asked the question was Iron Klaus himself/herself, but I don’t think the person is thinking Yuzu is inferior to Nathan or Tatsuki. Midori Terada is known for liking Yuzu (she often praises Yuzu in her tweets and was very sympathetic toward him when he injured himself at NHK. Her tweet after NHK was shared and liked by many fans), so I think the person asked the question knew that she would not criticize Yuzu just because he hasn’t learned ballet. So if I would revise my translation listening to your opinion as a native English speaker, I would alter “do you feel there's anything you miss in him” into “do you feel anything is lacking in him”, but I wouldn’t rephrase it into something like “do you think he is inferior to Nathan and Tatsuki” because if the person wanted to be direct and use the negative word, he/she could have done it. Also, the person is using Nathan and Tatsuki just as examples. He/She is not asking for a direct comparison. What I meant in my second post was that when sharing information which includes something negative (like bad news regarding injury, harsh criticism from someone, etc.), it's better to be careful, because otherwise, the information could cause unneeded trouble. This is what I'm saying to myself too. About balletic Nathan vs. Yuzu, I probably feel quite different from some fans in the US, because, in Japan, Nathan is being introduced mainly as a strong contender equipped with various types of quads. For me, that Nathan has learned ballet is just a fact. It doesn’t affect how I see his performance. Yuzu’s lack of experience in ballet doesn’t affect how I see his performance either. By the way, Tetsuya Kumakawa also made a favorable comment on Yuzu in the past. Source Translation of Yuzu-related part by yuzusorbet I don’t quite understand what he means in the part he talks about “plié”, but I always find it’s intriguing (especially the part about the awareness).
-
Team China
Happy to see Boyang doing great in 4CC. Wish him good luck on FS and Olympics too!
-
Team Japan
After the second hug, Mai said “Ganbatte, PyeongChang is a nice place,” “The ice rink was warm,” “I’ll send you all the photos (I took in PyeongChang last year),” and Kaori said, “I’ll learn from Mai chan’s experience.”
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Live or you might miss something like this or this Source: A photo history of Yuzu presented by Harper’s Bazaar Japan
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I’m a bit annoyed too, especially when the content of the text includes something negative. But the translator is always fast and not always wrong. When the tweet is a translation of someone else’s tweet, we need to check the source to see the context.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
It's a new one but I don't know if it's worth ordering from overseas. It's two B3 sized close-up shots taken during Notte Stellata and an older performance (I think it was from 2013-2014 season but my memory is vague,) but I've seen better shots in other magazines. I would save the money and buy other books or magazines that would be released later. It's a question from someone who follows her on twitter. The original question doesn't say that he is inferior to anyone. The question: 羽生選手はバレエを習っておりませんが、ネイサン選手や町田さんなど、バレエをしている(た)方と比べて、物足りない部分はあると思いますか? 習われた方がいいと思いますか? (Hanyu senshu has never taken a ballet lesson. (t/n: IIRC he has taken a short-term lesson at TCC in the past) Compared with those who have learned ballet (e.g. Nathan Chen and Tatsuki Machida), do you feel there's anything you miss in him? Do you think he should start taking ballet lessons?) And Midori said no.
-
General Yuzuru Chat
I knew the ramen has nothing to do with his home in Spain but thought he had it when he was in somewhere in Asia. His chopsticks say "Javier" so he cooked it himself in Toronto? If so, he is a good cook! I thought Yuzu section of the video seemed mistake-free but it introduces an Instagram account made by his fan like his official account I'll search for other mistakes if they offer me a seat kept for IOC officials on Feb. 17th
-
General Yuzuru Chat
They say ice dance features 3 programs in this video too, and I didn't know Javi's mother is good at cooking ramen Maybe they are challenging us to show our knowledge about the sport by spotting as many mistakes as possible...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Thinking if it was ゆ(Yu) or る(ru)
-
General Yuzuru Chat
Hope the issue also includes some articles on how to heal/avoid injury or how to take rest effectively to perform well...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
The title of the whole issue is something like "scientific knowledge on muscle and technique," so I wonder if the article discusses the possibility in relation to muscles or what he should eat to jump quints...
-
General Yuzuru Chat
This is the interview published on ANA website the other day. You can read full translation here.
-
Team Canada
- Team Spain
- Daily Yuzuru Videos thread
A compilation of Koi Dance by Yuzu *This video is old, so you might have already seen it (or even shared it in this thread, in that case please forgive me)- 875 replies
-
-
- 4
-
-
- yuzuru hanyu
- yuzuru
- yuzu
- videos
-
Tagged with:
- General Yuzuru Chat
Seems like this news has already been shared, here is a full translation of an article. 羽生結弦が1週間前に氷上練習再開 Yuzuru Hanyu resumed on-ice training a week ago http://www.hochi.co.jp/sports/winter/20180116-OHT1T50135.html Yuzuru Hanyu, winner of gold medal in men’s figure skating in Sochi 2014 (23 years old, belongs to ANA) resumed on-ice training a week ago, revealed Yoshiko Kobayashi, the head of strengthening section of JSF after a meeting of the board of directors held in Tokyo on 16th. By this day she got contacted by a member of team Hanyu. She said “He has started (on-ice) training from about a week ago. As to the detail of his training, I would rather not disclose it at this moment. Thanks to his effort, he has come this far without losing motivation. We appreciate the support from people around him. He is an athlete who has good concentration, so we hope he’ll do well in conditioning himself.” Hanyu hurt his right ankle in NHK Trophy held last November and has been working on rehabilitation in Toronto where he trains. At Nationals held last December, Kobayashi commented that she met a person from team Hanyu on Dec. 16th and heard that Hanyu “got on the ice for a while”. She explained, “It was reported that he “trained on the ice” but “got on the ice” meant that he put on his shoes and got on the ice to see how it felt. I’m sorry for my lack of clarity.”- Team Canada
I'll miss Lubov and Dylan Haven't had time to watch competitions held in January yet so I don't know how they performed at Nationals, but they are my favorite Canadian pair. Happy for Piper and Paul- General Yuzuru Chat
Another documentary will be aired on Feb. 7th by NHK from 19:30 until 20:15 (JST) http://www.tvguide.or.jp/feature/kissandcry/20180112/01.html @Hydroblade Have some hot Yuzu in shows- 羽生結弦ー日本語で話そう
ビッグスポーツ賞の授賞式に寄せられたコメントが報じられています。白井くんのコメントが温かい https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2103913/full/ 『羽生結弦は助走をしない』の高山真さんの特設エッセイ第二弾で、Notte Stellataが取り上げられています http://shinsho.shueisha.co.jp/column/skate/002/ @hamaguriさん、大会ボランティア貴重な体験ができそうですね。体験談楽しみにしてます。頑張って! @Victorさんもミラノ是非楽しんできてください!- Team Canada
- Team China
Han Yan's new interview? https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/FDpP7oJjW?fid=1034:576d161c28c7d32f9f5e388a1ce104ca- Hey, remember us?
- Team Spain
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.