2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

31 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Nathan’s new SP from The Ice

https://youtu.be/HNKvrWODW3k

The choreography doesn't match the music for most of the program, especially the spins and the StSq  :dry:

I hope he fixes it. I hated Shoma's SP last season for this reason and now Nathan is doing the same thing. Do they not listen to the music and realise they are not matching the pace and tempo of their chosen piece of music. 

Aznavour's music doesn't have anything to do with this choreo. :huh: There were many parts that reminded me of Caravan or Nemesis while it's a completely different style of music with different tempo. He doesn't use any finesse to reflect the nuances of this music which is even more necessary when someone skates to a slow, melancholic piece like this. 

There are also lots of uncontrolled arm movements, and his shallow edges and stiff knees are both bothering to watch during this SP.

Alina's SP is up, too. The music cut is not too bad and I think it suits her style better than many of her previous programs. I am curious how this will develop later.

47 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Alina's SP is up, too. The music cut is not too bad and I think it suits her style better than many of her previous programs. I am curious how this will develop later.

Alina's program have the same problem as Nathan's, the music and choero don't match most of the time especially when the technical elements are involved (though it is better than her previous programs). I do like the StSq, I think it has potential and works with the music (still can improve). I have to complement her performance, she is way more engaged and emotional than she usually is. I think she actually likes and feels the music, which I never felt from her before. She always looked terrified when skating and gave me the feeling that she wants to be anywhere other than the rink.

The dress is gorgeous and she looks stunning. I hope she keeps the look  :loveeyes:

Nathan : I think he has beautiful lines in his shoulders/arms but he doesn't know how to use them...also the music really is a big no for me,as you all have said he's skating to a completely different tempo...pity.

Rika: love the costume and the program, of course she still has to work on it and she stil has to mature in terms of expression but it looks really cool and different.

Alina:the costume (and Alina of course)are beautiful(although it's a little bit revealing,I wonder if she could use it for an actual competion...I hope she can).She seems more relaxed and sure (it seems to me her jumps are lighter too),wonderful spins too.I just wish they let her hold spirals and IB a little longer because with her  lines it would look really nice .Not a fun of this kind of music either but it's already looking better then last year.

Rika's FS is really beautiful. The choreo is demanding, as the jumps layout. Very ambitious program. I hope her dress will be as beautiful as the program.

Alina's SP has a good potential. The stsq should be slower imo but there are nice things. The spins are on music, good. 

I never thought that Charles Aznavours song can be used in FS. Let alone la boheme. There are nice choreo moves in Chen's SP. But imo the choreo has little to do with the music. Chosing a more dynamic music and making a nemesis n.2 would have been better.

Alina's SP is mile better than Poto, she actually feel the music and look more relax.I like this song's version. The choreo is quite average but I don't have high hope. Her spins and 3F entry are amazing. Wish they let her hold her spirals and movements longer. Love the costume and I wish her keep it. 

Rika's LP has potential,  this is very challenge program for her in term of IN/PE/projection which are always her weaker part (the same with her SP). The music cut is ok, but because of 5 pieces it lack of flows at the moment, the same with the program itself. Her spins look improved.

I think everyone talked all about issues that Nathan's SP has and I agreed. If you muted the music, you would've thought he skate to Nemesis. This music require softer movements and hold the position better. When I heard this song, i think of Patrick Chan or Jeremy Abbott. There's a lots of movements from Nemesis and Caravan as well and at some point they don't fit the music. The costume is boring as usual. 

Rika, Alina, Nathan all looked rush in their perfromances, understandable because the program is still new to them. I have hope that Rika would fix it as the season goes, not sure about Nathan and especially Alina.