2019/2020 Season Program Announcements

Not sure I'm happy with all these "modern" SPs choreographed by Bourne this season... A welcome respite from warhorses, perhaps, but this might be a monotony on its own. Moreover, I don't believe we'll be seeing any particular artistic depth from any of these.

Richaud's choreography can be hit and miss, but hopefully we'll see some amount of personality from his undertakings this season. Sakamoto's much maligned Amelie LP had that.

Buttle's done some good work, of course, and I'd love to see more of him next season. In general, though, this is already highlighting the problem skating community has all of its own, with the talent pool restricted to such a small group of choreographers. Hopefully more step up, and hopefully we see more help from the dance world.

Kind of sad so few are with Lori. I know she's unpopular amongst the fandom, but what she does so brilliantly is to incorporate the natural body line, the positions skaters take during jump entries and exits, the subtle changes of axes to the music etc. into the program, so much attention to the composition of the music itself. When she gets skaters who can work with her and carry it off (Asada, S/H, for instance), or has taken the time to develop this, it can look good.

Wow, I really like Alice Merton's 'No Roots', I hope it will be good for Kaori.

Also, Florence for Liza, looks good.

Is it official Young You is gonna skate to Evita (like at Broadmoor Open)? I hoped for something more original for her :(

On 6/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, kaeryth said:

Kazuki's MR at DOI

wtf are those music cuts?

He's growing into a nice performer, but that choreo is [admin edit: non-constructive criticism] rn. Hope the SP music is utilized a lot more effectively. Yuna's Roxanne remains the only program to that music that has fully realized choreography.

I like Kaori's sp choreo, the music cut is good, lots of potential with this program. Its still messy so far and she need alot of work for her arm movements which is often her weak point. The IN is not there yet but still very early. This remind me abit of Wakaba's Energia, just abit less wild. 

Kazuki is a great performer with energy and always commit to his choreo but that MR program is not good. The stsq/chsq are the highlights but the rest is bland. And some parts looked awkward to me.