March 22, 20197 yr There are some skaters who start to be really mean to Eunsoo on social media. I don't see the need. Really. Megan Duhamel should relax.
March 22, 20197 yr I wish some of these skaters would stay out of it. I don't want to dislike them, but they are making this very hard.
March 22, 20197 yr 1 hour ago, Yume said: There are some skaters who start to be really mean to Eunsoo on social media. I don't see the need. Really. Megan Duhamel should relax. What did Meagan say?
March 22, 20197 yr 4 minutes ago, Deliverpooh said: What did Meagan say? Along the lines of accidents happen, toughen up etc. The rest of us don't whine and file complaints like that etc etc.
March 22, 20197 yr 10 minutes ago, Deliverpooh said: What did Meagan say? https://mobile.twitter.com/sheriaan/status/1109141985695129600
March 22, 20197 yr 10 minutes ago, jinxxoo said: Along the lines of accidents happen, toughen up etc. The rest of us don't whine and file complaints like that etc etc. 6 minutes ago, Yume said: https://mobile.twitter.com/sheriaan/status/1109141985695129600 Thank you! That's a bunch of nastiness.
March 22, 20197 yr 12 minutes ago, jinxxoo said: Along the lines of accidents happen, toughen up etc. The rest of us don't whine and file complaints like that etc etc. She doesn't whine? Well I suppose her tweets are all too strident to be called whining, they're more like shouting.
March 23, 20197 yr I think there are 2 different issues here that people are reacting to which are getting muddled. 1) Did Mariah injure Eunsoo on purpose? 2) Is Eunsoo being bullied by Mariah at their training rink? They’re not mutually exclusive. Just because 1) may have been an accident doesn’t mean that 2) isn’t true. (The same as just because 2 didn’t happen doesn’t mean that 1 can’t.) The people “defending” Mariah, and Larkyn and Meagan’s reactions, are mostly reacting to 1). They’ve concluded because 1) isn’t true (and I think a lot of us agree it’s at least unlikely due to a number of reasons), then 2) must be a lie. Either that, or they are unaware of issue 2) as it doesn’t seem to be mentioned in the tweets (and the headlines I’ve seen are all about 1). Even the ISU investigation has only been focused on that, but I think issue 2 also warrants an investigation. As for Larkyn and Meagan, I’m hoping they’re just unaware of issue 2, which has kind of been buried under the sensationalism of issue 1. Otherwise, I’d be quite disappointed in our Canadian skaters. Personally, I’m still kind of on the fence about the whole thing, mostly because we haven’t heard directly from the parties involved. The only thing I’m sure of is that neither Eunsoo nor Mariah deserve any of the harassment, abuse, death threats, etc. that have been appearing on social media. It is literally not helping anyone.
March 23, 20197 yr [Admin edit: speculation] Of course most people do show their best selves to the public. I'm a bit sensitive due to Seungri. He looks like the disrespectful person he's been discovered to be in his 1, 2, 3 MV. Just compare his face and eyes with the rest of Big Bang's in the Fantastic Baby MV. Perhaps if there was any intent it was that Mariah wanted to get close and intimidate Eunsoo instead of skating a safe distance away.
March 23, 20197 yr I don’t wish to add anything apart from the fact that this incident is not news/of interest just to the skating community. My husband, whose knowledge of skating is confined to being aware that I’m up watching tv at odd times this week, came home and proudly dropped the news that ‘ there’s been a Tonya Harding incident at WC’ - so it’s clearly made it’s way onto whatever news/ sports station he listens to on the way home. Believe me, skating just doesn’t make the news on uk radio as a rule.
March 23, 20197 yr I wish other skaters would stop involving themselves especially Ashley. She just wouldn't stop talking. Also, many of them are missing the point. It's not an isolated incident as Eunsoo is coming from a place of patterned bullying. They have been separated in their training rink. If that isn't telling, then I don't know what is.
March 23, 20197 yr 3 hours ago, Chitsuki said: I think there are 2 different issues here that people are reacting to which are getting muddled. 1) Did Mariah injure Eunsoo on purpose? 2) Is Eunsoo being bullied by Mariah at their training rink? They’re not mutually exclusive. Just because 1) may have been an accident doesn’t mean that 2) isn’t true. (The same as just because 2 didn’t happen doesn’t mean that 1 can’t.) The people “defending” Mariah, and Larkyn and Meagan’s reactions, are mostly reacting to 1). They’ve concluded because 1) isn’t true (and I think a lot of us agree it’s at least unlikely due to a number of reasons), then 2) must be a lie. Either that, or they are unaware of issue 2) as it doesn’t seem to be mentioned in the tweets (and the headlines I’ve seen are all about 1). Even the ISU investigation has only been focused on that, but I think issue 2 also warrants an investigation. As for Larkyn and Meagan, I’m hoping they’re just unaware of issue 2, which has kind of been buried under the sensationalism of issue 1. Otherwise, I’d be quite disappointed in our Canadian skaters. Personally, I’m still kind of on the fence about the whole thing, mostly because we haven’t heard directly from the parties involved. The only thing I’m sure of is that neither Eunsoo nor Mariah deserve any of the harassment, abuse, death threats, etc. that have been appearing on social media. It is literally not helping anyone. Me too, I wish they'd stayed out of it because Megan kept tweeting even after people pointed out No.2. And you're right, neither skater deserve social media harassment. But the real life influential people (aka skaters and English media/journalist) have been piling up on Eunsoo and that's sad, she just turned 16. While she's a peer in the competitor sense, she's also a minor, just a child, these people with real influence should have some compassion, she was the one physically hurt before the biggest competition of her career.
March 23, 20197 yr 9 hours ago, utsukushii3A said: People seem to have misunderstood what I was saying about right-of-way. I was saying that to defend both of them: Mariah because it looked accident from the video and we don't know why she didn't stop, and Eunsoo because even if she could have backed up or something, she shouldn't have been expected to. I didn't mean to imply you were pretending, but certain comments from skaters and media outlets are indeed instead choosing to spin the narrative into "oh well, she should have been more careful". Of course, now it's even more out of hand. Duhamel didn't need to comment, and it's now not even alleged bullying from a 22 yo, but actual, legitimate bullying from a 33 yo.
March 23, 20197 yr Check out @evzhenyas’s Tweet: Again, this doesn't prove intent but note the difference in practice and in competition.
March 23, 20197 yr 4 hours ago, hoodie axel said: I didn't mean to imply you were pretending, but certain comments from skaters and media outlets are indeed instead choosing to spin the narrative into "oh well, she should have been more careful". Of course, now it's even more out of hand. Duhamel didn't need to comment, and it's now not even alleged bullying from a 22 yo, but actual, legitimate bullying from a 33 yo. Yeah.
Create an account or sign in to comment