Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When will Yuzu land 4A

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A? 301 members have voted

  1. 1. When do you think Mr Hanyu will successfully land his first 4A in competition?

    • Autumn Classic International
      8%
      22
    • Grand Prix of Helsinki
      18%
      48
    • Rostelecom Cup
      11%
      30
    • Grand Prix Final
      15%
      42
    • Japanese Nationals
      3%
      10
    • World Championships
      20%
      54
    • World Team Trophy
      5%
      14
    • Next season
      12%
      33
    • Other
      4%
      11

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm just both excited and scared for him... it is true, he's talking about it freely, which seems to indicate he is very confident that it's coming, and soon..... if he does it in ACI practice the entire rink, much of Japan and this planet will explode, that's for sure :darklordyuzu:

 

And I swithered so much I now can't remember which I voted for.

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

... the state of true unburdened wildin' Yuzu is currently enjoying ...

 

Yep, that's where we are -- ricochetting helplessly between terror and ecstasy. Fasten your seatbelts, fanyus!!

:knc_yuzu2:  :embSwan:

 

  • Author

The deadline he gave himself was the end of this season, was it not?

 

So most people are confident that he'll land it on his first try?

Definitely by GPF or Worlds. He will want to set a new WR at the biggest events of the season for sure. 

4 hours ago, Rainna said:

Really almost anything can happen at this point, can't it?

Doesn't that just define Hanyu at all times, though....

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

The deadline he gave himself was the end of this season, was it not?

 

So most people are confident that he'll land it on his first try?

He actually didn't say what his deadline was...just 'before the deadline'...I took that to mean, 'before anyone else steals it away'...but who knows. 

 

I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it. Wah! :softYuzu: (why we no have 'jittery hanyu' as an emoji, hah? Or maybe, 'jittery satellites'? Nothing  in the emoji palette is expressing my jumpiness at the moment...)

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

(why we no have 'jittery hanyu' as an emoji, hah? Or maybe, 'jittery satellites'? Nothing  in the emoji palette is expressing my jumpiness at the moment...)

 

Blasphemy! When has the great Yuzuru Hanyu ever been jittery!!! :hachimaki:off with your head!!!!

 

 

(I kid I kid! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: but that said, I couldn't quite call to mind a particular incident at which he looked jittery lol.... hyper yep, impatient/ frustrated check (lol the great glove debacle of ACI FS 2017), but no jitters?? He seems to just take all the energy that would make a normal person jittery and morph into MURDER GLARE)

  • Author
20 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He actually didn't say what his deadline was...just 'before the deadline'...I took that to mean, 'before anyone else steals it away'...but who knows. 

 

I’m sure  he said he intends to land it before the end of the season so when he said deadline wouldn’t he have been referring to that? 

this thread is destroying my ACI zen ;_;

 

And I don't know what to vote for because we are talking about Yuzu, and Yuzu is Yuzu :13877886:

 

But I voted for Helsinki because I felt like it, and I think he will at least try it early-ish in the season to have more chances to perfect it. Maybe I should have voted ACI... but I can't believe I'm even discussing this :59227c768286a__s:

 

Good Lord this thread exists now?:knc_yuzu2:

 

Im gonna tap into my nonexistant Cassandra power and say that he might try 4A in practices during ACI and Helsinki but Worlds or 4CC is where he'll land it successfully:DancingAlien:

I'd guess Helsinki (or Moscow, at the latest.) He's most likely landed 4A in practice, but he wants absolute confidence he could land it successfully in competition. 4A is so sacred to him I don't think he'd include it in a program if it's not perfect in his book. On the other other hand, he also wants his 4A to be the first to be rectified. Imagine his kuyashi if someone were to officially land it (no matter the GOE) before he does. Who knows? We may even see it at ACI. It's Yuzu we're talking about, after all.

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

 

I’m sure  he said he intends to land it before the end of the season so when he said deadline wouldn’t he have been referring to that? 

Maybe... I'm relying on English subs of his media day interview and all they say is 'before the deadline' but not what deadline. Who knows with Yuzu. 

I voted Helsinki :kitty: I think he would try it if his body permits it but he might wanna try the new programs plus shortened FS at an actual competition first (which is ACI) so I'd say Helsinki's more reasonable :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: and idk but I still have suspicion towards his new SP, I hope he'll prove me wrong cause putting it in the FS seems more reasonable :13877886:

:darklordyuzu:When Yuzu lands 4A in competition, will the ISU start scoring quints or will they be over-rotated quads?

It's prob in either GP. It's true he landed 1st 4Lo in ACI but he had landed it well in ice shows he might've had tons of times working on it the previous seasons.

 

Last ss he landed 4lz in CoR (1st GP), so I expect the same time this ss.

But it's Yuzu, so can't wait to be trolled again :sadPooh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.