Media Day 2018

3 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

do you guys think just like last year where the 4Lz footage was hidden deep until CoR, they also have 4A hidden now

Personally I don't think 4A is ready just yet but I think he probably had successful attempts, or he wouldn't suggest 4A happening this season

If Yuzu is practicing the 4A in these practices right now, he probably asked the reporters not to show footage of it. Going by his interviews, it's not perfect yet and he's still working out the technique to land it more consistently at a high quality and success rate. So yes, I'd say they're hiding the footage, but not in a "lol just wait until they see it at GP Helsinki" more of a "he's never shown his attempts before and so we'll respect his decision and request not to show anyone this time too."

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

do you guys think just like last year where the 4Lz footage was hidden deep until CoR, they also have 4A hidden now

I would say it depends... I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to show them. On the other hand, he might have given them something for future documentaries lol

As for the doll talk, I have a headache so could be wrong, but I think she asked him about the key to 4A and then gave him the doll and when he asked what kind of position was that, she said it was takeoff, so he fixed it. Then talked about how that's the hardest thing and gave the example of long jumpers who run before taking off and that way they're able to jump about 6 metres (I think he said 6 and they showed 8), but how in FS you have to do that just through leg power. I think it was something like that... and there was more, but my brain gave up there...

13 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

FUJI TV (channel not the app) is going to air Figure Skate TV on 8th - next Saturday night 23:00 - 23:55 pm JST so it may be more footage then.  If any other media is allowed to show more footage from the media day is unknown...

Do you know the number of the channel? 

hace 1 minuto , KatjaThera said:

I would say it depends... I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to show them. On the other hand, he might have given them something for future documentaries lol

As for the doll talk, I have a headache so could be wrong, but I think she asked him about the key to 4A and then gave him the doll and when he asked what kind of position was that, she said it was takeoff, so he fixed it. Then talked about how that's the hardest thing and gave the example of long jumpers who run before taking off and that way they're able to jump about 6 metres (I think he said 6 and they showed 8), but how in FS you have to do that just through leg power. I think it was something like that... and there was more, but my brain gave up there...

Thank you so much for translating!!!:10742289:

9 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Well, Yuzuru often announce his real layout in media day, except last year and I think olympic season play a big part. I don't think he and his team would play that card again and again. People probably reading into it too much.

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

It's on BS Fuji but the thing is, Fuji channels are no longer on FUJI TV site so you cannot watch it there...

Is that why I can't find the sorta daily FS competitions replay they had? And more importantly, is there any other way to watch Fuji channels? 

4 минуты назад, Katt сказал:

Well, Yuzuru often announce his real layout in media day, except last year and I think olympic season play a big part. I don't think he and his team would play that card again and again. People probably reading into it too much.

I agree. I think 4A is not competition ready and maybe even Yuzu isn't sure when it will be (there's no need to hurry anyway). So even if TV has any footage they will keep it until actual competition attempt or some documentary.

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic