Media Day 2018

13 minutes ago, Nutmeg said:

Maybe I misunderstood something from the report, but wasn't Johnny commissioned to design Yuzu's costume for the SP, like he did for RJ2 and NDDP before? That's what I meant when I said I'm looking forward to another Johnny-designed costume for Yuzu, not that he will be wearing a Johnny style costume. I'm sure Johnny will design something specific for him and his unique style.

I don't remember reading anything about the costumes (other than people speculating) but you could be correct. I've read too much in a short time, I am having trouble telling truth from fiction :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Have an odd feeling you'd be correct. 

I just watched the full Johnny performance and I have to say that the most reasonable cut is his, but shorter - I mean, starting with the piano exposition of the theme, the development of the theme with the scales and the virtuosism, ending with the whole orchestra part, and editing the piano cadenza right at the end. So I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow to see if Yuzuru kept the original sequence. 

The only variable is that they might insert the middle part in which there is still a piano solo, with a very very wild virtuosistic cadenza, but that sounds way too wild for me and a bit old fashioned, plus a bit of a Chopin 4.0, so I'd say nope, but you never know! 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

I just watched the full Johnny performance and I have to say that the most reasonable cut is his, but shorter - I mean, starting with the piano exposition of the theme, the development of the theme with the scales and the virtuosism, ending with the whole orchestra part, and editing the piano cadenza right at the end. So I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow to see if Yuzuru kept the original sequence. 

The only variable is that they might insert the middle part in which there is still a piano solo, with a very very wild virtuosistic cadenza, but that sounds way too wild for me and a bit old fashioned, plus a bit of a Chopin 4.0, so I'd say nope, but you never know! 

Double dare you to post it in music talk or here, and we'll see =P

51 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Huh... in this he says he has no plans to include the quad axel (in his programs, this season? the context isn't very clear), but that he is practicing it? But he was thinking about it a bit, so I got 4Lz flashbacks again.

Waitwaitwait... so he isn't planning 4A this season? Wasn't there a report saying he'd given himself a deadline of landing it by season's end? So little sleep and information overload! I can't keep track! :14066882:

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Waitwaitwait... so he isn't planning 4A this season? Wasn't there a report saying he'd given himself a deadline of landing it by season's end? So little sleep and information overload! I can't keep track! :14066882:

It's confusing, yes... but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what he says, he'll still do whatever he wants, whether it matches what he said or not lol

21 minutes ago, Dashwood said:

After hearing the news, I finally gave in and got an account:grin:

These choices just show how much of an auteur vision Yuzuru has now. He is not only using some of the iconic programs in the past of figure skating, but he is also making them about his own personal history as a figure skating fan. I'm #TeamYagudin all the way so I have to stay on brand and be excited more about Otonal but I can't to wait to see how Yuzuru will approach Plushenko's most Plushkenko program and make it his own :) It's probably his most challenging choice after Hope & Legacy. I feel like we are about to witness something very special and I can't wait.

Hey welcome aboard! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Hope you will like it here and enjoy all our random talks and over anxiousness about everything surrounding trollzuru hanyu :xD:

5 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

4A+5 :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

You just made my heart jumped I thought that's a Nessie footage :10640793: wait till 4A footage bomb its way like 4Lz did last season

16 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Yuzu: *bases free skate on Nijinsky*

Yuzu: *gets assigned to Rostelecom Cup*

Yuzu: KvOkFcT.jpg

:68556365:what can you say? this boy is gifted with psychic powers

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

:rofl:Oh, how I've missed him!

Actually, it's hard to know for sure what he said, because we only get brief clips that almost seem to contradict each other. I'm sure if we saw the whole thing it'd make more sense.

But 4A +5 is epic! :darklordyuzu:

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic