FIFA World Cup 2018

Yatagarasu

I hope for France to win of course, but honestly I would be happy for Croatia if they win.

I think France is better technically, and the players will be in better shape than croatians, who played 3 prolongations (=1 match more !!!), while France played none.. And they'll have one day less to get some rest.

But Croatia is good too, has some awesome players, and has a titanium mindset !!!

May the better win ! :)

Edit : I really liked this article about the french team, and why they're succeeding now where the previous generation failed : https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/12/didier-deschamps-france-world-cup-final-belgium

7 hours ago, Altie said:

I hope for France to win of course, but honestly I would be happy for Croatia if they win.

I think France is better technically, and the players will be in better shape than croatians, who played 3 prolongations (=1 match more !!!), while France played none.. And they'll have one day less to get some rest.

But Croatia is good too, has some awesome players, and has a titanium mindset !!!

May the better win ! :)

Edit : I really liked this article about the french team, and why they're succeeding now where the previous generation failed : https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/12/didier-deschamps-france-world-cup-final-belgium

YES!  This is so true.  One of the things I love about the French team is how they really play cohesively and have a team mentality.  I remember Deschamps getting a lot of criticism before the World Cup about the team he chose, since he left out a lot of experienced players, like Benzema.  But it goes to show he knows his players and how to draw out the best performance in all of them.  

The Croatian team has shown a lot of grit and determination, and they've been so fun to watch too.  It would be huge if they won!  Some thoughts from the Croatia-England game: There were a lot of messy passes on both sides, which Croatia cannot afford to do with France.  But Croatia also has a strong midfield, which will present a challenge for the French.  I can't wait for the final--it's going to be a great matchup!  There's a huge Bastille Day celebration downtown on the same day as the World Cup final, and they're putting up a big screen for a viewing party.  I can't imagine how crazy it's going to get if France wins.  :party2:

5 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Ugh, got a very full house today, hope I can find some time to watch a bit of the match. :(

Make everyone watch? :darklordyuzu: I mean, the more the merrier, right :P

I was going to watch with friends but then everyone kind of bailed so, hmph :snkuyashii: