2018/19 Coaching changes

7 hours ago, katonice said:

Eteri for sure will have one heck of a Monday.

Plot twist: Nothing happens tomorrow and we are all left to wonder for another month...:smiley_hairpull:

There were Russian media reports that Ms Medvedeva is splitting from her coach, because she was basically told either to move or to retire.

5 minutes ago, cucciolo888 said:

I agree about media and Fed, that's why she needed to try and do things right- inform Eteri, Federation and club,  publicly declare about her future plans and than go on vacation.

I understand where you come from. We will hear from Medvedeva tomorrow and then we will see. Because we still dont know whether Eteri is telling the truth or not, about medv not answering her messages and all that.

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

I am pretty sure Brian couldn't care less.

But this whole thing can spiral into a much larger mess than I originally thought and that's not good.

Having read the article, it seems she really took Mr Orser's words out of context didn't she? Maybe a translation issue? Seems a shame if that's the case.

21 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I don't think Med needs to do anything here. Her current students can all see for themselves what Eteri's doing. That's something they'll be carrying around. I also DK about the parents' involvement in Russia, but I doubt they'd all keep quite.

Medv is giving her statement tomorrow. That's the doing part I am referring to.

Not all of Tutberidze's current students can escape her clutch unscathed. Look at what's happening with Medv now.

___

Also, look at how divided the fandom is. I still do not get why exactly people who claim to know the kind of person Tutberidze is, still maintain an 18 yo should have read what she would do today, and prevented it. Whatever Medv would have done, by their own account, they should know Tut would turn it ugly. Sometimes my brain fails to compute how such logic can occur let alone is repeatedly voiced.

15 minutes ago, Huiqi said:

I understand where you come from. We will hear from Medvedeva tomorrow and then we will see. Because we still dont know whether Eteri is telling the truth or not, about medv not answering her messages and all that.

Hope they will cool down and won't escalate situation, especially Eteri.

I am trying not to lose my cool here but I absolutely cannot believe that there are people still defending Eteri after today.

I am personally very very angry with her behaviour and what she did was the absolute worst. Nothing Medvedeva could have done would excuse Eteri attacking her like that. As a teacher, protecting your student is your first priority and she failed at that, and if the story about what Medvedeva said about Alina is true then she also broke the trust between them which is also unforgivable. I can't even imagine a reason why anyone would trust anything she says after this 

Guys, could you calm down and tone down, please. No need to go at each other’s throats. I understand what blame could be put down at Medvedeva’s door right now, but what Eteri said in that phone interview is petty and mean. Let’s wait for what happens tomorrow - Zhenya either gets out to go to Canada or... retires. No way she can stay in Russia and compete - Eteri has got enough of a clout over here to prevent her from doing that. And Zhenya won’t fare very well with any coach in Russia. 

6 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Medv is giving her statement tomorrow. That's the doing part I am referring to.

Oh, I just meant that Med doesn't need to do anything to "destroy" Eteri. Eteri's doing that all on her own.

But who knows, so many people stuck with her after Lip.

5 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Oh, I just meant that Med doesn't need to do anything to "destroy" Eteri. Eteri's doing that all on her own.

I hope Ms Medvedeva takes the high road. (Attempting to) destroy her former coach is not going to do anything other than feed a short-term desire at best, potentially harm long-term goals, and just drag herself through muck.

2 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

That's not the part of my post that you quoted, so I  have no way to know that's what you mean. I responded to your respond based on what you quoted from my original post.

Lipnitskaya wasn't able to do anything to truly damage Tut. Medv does have popularity and history on her side if she want to yield them. About Eteri destroying herself, take a look again at the 2nd part of the post of mine you just quoted. Better yet, take a look at the fandom yourself. The one outside the Planet, I mean.

Well, this escalated quickly. I don't know what's happening between Eteri and Evgenia's camp behind closed doors and I really don't care as I'm not invested in those 2. However, please don't bring Brian Orser into this... and looking at Eteri's interviews it seems like she's seeing this as a slight/personal challenge from Brian and THIS is what I was saying I didn't want.

19 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Having read the article, it seems she really took Mr Orser's words out of context didn't she? Maybe a translation issue? Seems a shame if that's the case.

It makes me kinda worried for her quadsters. Eteri seems to be on a mission to prove Brian wrong. Imagine the training they have to go through to keep their quads.

Damn, but I wish the time difference was more favourable to me... I will be sleeping when we hear from Med... I am sure it will be vague and polite, she will show gratitude to Eteri and the group for past achievements and now looks forward to her future in ______with ______ and growing as a skater, blah, blah. At least, that is what I presume it will say. But, it's Russia where people can be a lot more blunt sometimes and after what Eteri said, you never know how it will be played...