2018/19 Coaching changes

Just now, cucciolo888 said:

When partnership ends both sides announce it, I don't know what was happening privately, all I see now is that Evgenia says nothing and Eteri  declares war  and this is happening after working together for 11 years.

Well she was going to do an announcement tomorrow though

5 minutes ago, kelly said:

But does Evgenia even have the obligation to tell the media she's going to split? I'm sure she talked privately with Eteri and imo that should be enough

Imagine if she did that - instead of telling her club as she did, just hold a press conference and say she's leaving. That would make it clear all right, but imagine the backlash. What exactly was the viable option here? Maybe things have become so bad between coach and student that they can't even have a real conversation. I don't blame Zhenya for not wanting to hear the poison that we heard today being said to her face, tbqh.

Disclaimer, I am not a fan of either Tutberidze or Medvedeva.

But, no. I still do not think what Tut did today is justifiable in any way, shape, or form.

Why exactly Medv moves out, how exactly it went down, WHEN exactly it all happens, those are no longer relevant.

What Tut did today is a character assassination of her former student. She is not only the adult but also the figure of authority. This is not how she should have handled it. Especially after what went down with Lipnitskaya and Pitkev. She never learns. 

Part of me wants Medv to destroy her.

But I also know of the negative impact it might have on the youngins left at the club, so I hope Medv will choose the higher ground.

Whatever will be tomorrow, will be.

I guess.

I'm sure they already had a talk. Bcs Laishev said abt fight and that mb they will make a peace lately.

My bet on that Rus fed approved Med transfer to Orser and Eteri didn't expect it and in the end lost all her cool. But I can only assume.

I don’t know how much Eteri can or cannot do, but she’s petty and vindictive. Sorry for calling a spade a spade for once - I remember those interviews after Yulia and Adian left. They were full of spite.

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Imagine if she did that - instead of telling her club as she did, just hold a press conference and say she's leaving. That would make it clear all right, but imagine the backlash. What exactly was the viable option here? Maybe things have become so bad between coach and student that they can't even have a real conversation. I don't blame Zhenya for not wanting to hear the poison that we heard today being said to her face, tbqh.

Why instead? she should have informed  her club, federation and fans if the things were settled before the scandal started, that's her mistake not fault. 

4 минуты назад, cucciolo888 сказал:

Why instead? she should have informed  her club, federation and fans if the things were settled before the scandal started, that's her mistake not fault. 

I'm sure that the club and Rus Fed already knew. And I'm as fan don't think she was obliged to inform fans before all will be confirmed and finished and sealed. But Russian media always was ugly xD. Also Rus Fed is really bad in public announcements

5 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Disclaimer, I am not a fan of either Tutberidze or Medvedeva.

But, no. I still do not think what Tut did today is justifiable in any way, shape, or form.

Why exactly Medv moves out, how exactly it went down, WHEN exactly it all happens, those are no longer relevant.

What Tut did today is a character assassination of her former student. She is not only the adult but also the figure of authority. This is not how she should have handled it. Especially after what went down with Lipnitskaya and Pitkev. She never learns. 

Part of me wants Medv to destroy her.

But I also know of the negative impact it might have on the youngins left at the club, so I hope Medv will choose the higher ground.

Whatever will be tomorrow, will be.

I guess.

Seriously, we all act like we don't know what kind of person is Tutberidze, she is autocrat and sometimes really cruel woman, her reaction was  absolutely predictable.

Just now, cucciolo888 said:

Seriously, we all act like we don't know what kind of person is Tutberidze, she is autocrat and sometimes really cruel woman, her reaction was  absolutely predictable.

Which is exactly why I do not get why you still think Medv is also at fault here.

7 minutes ago, cucciolo888 said:

What part of she did in fact inform her club are you not getting? Do you know how these hierarchies work? Are skaters supposed to inform feds directly, or are they supposed to go through their club? She informed her club. She informed them, and then gave a date for her press statement. So everybody could prepare. 

What exactly should she have done? How could she have arranged synchronised information for her club, her fed and her fans? 'Instead' because she cannot be in two places at the same time? The timeframe between the club's announcement and her planned statement is literally only one weekend. 

You know what, I'm not responding to you anymore. I've basically said the same thing three times to you and you're either not hearing it or don't want to, so, bye.

11 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I don't think Med needs to do anything here. Her current students can all see for themselves what Eteri's doing. That's something they'll be carrying around. I also DK about the parents' involvement in Russia, but I doubt they'd all keep quite.

2 minutes ago, Lilona said:

I'm sure that club and Rus Fed already knew. And I'm as fan don't think she was obliged to inform fans before all will be confirmed and finished. But Russian media always was ugly xD

I agree about media and Fed, that's why she needed to try and do things right- inform Eteri, Federation and club,  publicly declare about her future plans and than go on vacation.

19 minutes ago, Lilona said:

I'm sure they already had a talk. Bcs Laishev said abt fight and that mb they will make a peace lately.

My bet on that Rus fed approved Med transfer to Orser and Eteri didn't expect it and in the end lost all her cool. But I can only assume.

That explains why she acted so irrationally.