2018/19 Coaching changes

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

He he he.

Surprise! Good, good. I thought we'd have to wait longer.

@Fay woo! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Now the other part :biggrin:

I suggest smelling salts and cookies. 

On the other hand...depending on what happens, I need to pay attention to some real life fanyus who might be slightly offended that someone that gets shipped often might start training with their imaginary hubby. 

Which means if someone does move to TCC, we might need to start being protective of her against some of the more radical corners of the Fanyu-dom? 

@Fay: maybe she'll continue with choreographers and ice time there, but get a second or even a main coach elsewhere? Who's a good techniques coach in Russia who happens to be a bit more independent? Mishin?

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

I suggest smelling salts and cookies. 

On the other hand...depending on what happens, I need to pay attention to some real life fanyus who might be slightly offended that someone that gets shipped often might start training with their imaginary hubby. 

Which means if someone does move to TCC, we might need to start being protective of her against some of the more radical corners of the Fanyu-dom? 

Not until it’s official. Laishev, Sambo 70 director, says Zhenya stays the member of the club. Which baffles me - does that mean she’s going to Tsareva, of all people? Lol 

or will they take Brian on? 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Not until it’s official. Laishev, Sambo 70 director, says Zhenya stays the member of the club. Which baffles me - does that mean she’s going to Tsareva, of all people? Lol 

or will they take Brian on? 

Brian as a free agent and honorary coach of Sambo 70? 

*imagines BOrser with Eteri at the side boards* yeah....interesting imagery. I think the coach will likely be russian. 

Wonder if Moskvina would ever teach singles? 

I feel like everytime a skater underperform or leaving coach , Brian Oser name automatically pop up :laughing: I read about 10 TCC rumors but none come true so far. I doubt he would take that many students in one season. Take a look at Montreal's situation, I dont know how they gonna handle that many ID team ...

Just now, Katt said:

I feel like everytime a skater underperform or leaving coach , Brian Oser name automatically pop up :laughing: I read about 10 TCC rumors but none come true so far. I doubt he would take that many students in one season. Take a look at Montreal's situation, I dont know how they gonna handle that many ID team ...

Increase coaches, but so far TCC hasn't stated that they'd add more coaches. Frankly the only one I'd see is possibly maybe add in Lori Nichol, but that's about it. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

I don’t think it’s worth going to this trouble for any Russian coach at the moment, sorry. There’s no one equaling Eteri’s reputation now here. 

Well what about Russian coaches who used to coach abroad, coming back to Russia? I'm thinking of Krylova here, but would a similar situation be inconceivable for any singles Russian, or Russian-speaking coach overseas? 

Just now, WinForPooh said:

Well.

Good for Zhenya. But where to now? It makes no sense to stay on at the club, does it?

Well she could do what Sima did, though it's risky- go with Plush temporarily for things to cool down and then make the real move. I think he'd accommodate her.

Although it would be borderline hilarious (and terrible for Brian's hair) if one fine summer day in Toronto, a Spidey, a Wakabond and a Zhenya show up on TCC doorsteps.