What Hogwarts house would Yuzu belong to?

robin

13 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

tbh i don't take much of what rowling has said after the last book as canon because i'm not really fond of retconning:slinkaway:

Going strictly by the books, he is a Gryffindor to me. I mean guys, did you forget that these two were sorted into Gryffindor too?

8f45dd00b9e47abd6008f5e043117b13.gif

[I have very strong opinions about HP:peekapooh:]

Their lack of regard for rules, when Yuzu follows every rule ISU has even when ISU doesn't remember them? Their blatant disdain for authority? I think of the Weasleys as Gryffindor prototype and Yuzu is so... not a Weasley. But you know, Nobu would be Gryffindor. You just know Gryffindors would Zayak all over the place. 

28 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Their lack of regard for rules, when Yuzu follows every rule ISU has even when ISU doesn't remember them? Their blatant disdain for authority? I think of the Weasleys as Gryffindor prototype and Yuzu is so... not a Weasley. But you know, Nobu would be Gryffindor. You just know Gryffindors would Zayak all over the place. 

they are trolls tho, not the ones in the dungeon but still, trolls.

Yuzu and his trolling nature is very very gryffindor.

Seriously, Yuzu is about 30% Gryffindor, 30% Slytherin, 25% Ravenclaw and 15% Hufflepuff.

I actually see him more like Dumbledore, which is why he's such a borderline case.We have to differentiate between Yuzu's "on ice" persona and his "off ice" persona. He is very very slytherin+ravenclaw when it comes to skating; but his off-ice persona is much more gryffindor+ravenclaw. Capable of doing nasty stuff for "the greater good" (like breaking a rules system), competitive as heck, but remember that he chose to continue skating not just out of love for the sport, but also because he felt like he "owed" something to the region that raised him.

That last bit is what I think will put him in Gryffindor in the end, rather than slytherin. But it's the combination of Gryffindor determination, with Syltherin cunniness that makes him a force to be reckoned with.  And why we are having this debate. I think in the end, Yuzu would chose Gryffindor (the gold in the house emblem being a key factor). But I also think he's more "soft" than most Slytherins from the books or movies. The way he deals with competition is confident, yes, but not ruthless-and I think ruthless is a factor in slytherin.

(*as an aside, I was split between gryffindor and ravenclaw, but most people who know me would place me in Gryffindor-yep, I'm very very Hermione or Dumbledore-ish*)

1 minute ago, Yoa said:

29090023_601686953504997_5264976807874002944_n.jpg

914c6468576afc0ca930877f82f0efe1--potter

Let's say his both at the same time :)

Ah, when the snake and the lion shake hands on it together, great things happen. (*We hope-while our hair gets collectively sacrified*)

On a side note, looking at the wikipedia page for the asian paper wasps that Yuzu researched in Summer, how the heck are these things cute?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polistes_chinensis

They eat catepillars, have a subspecies that is considered invasive in New Zealand, and eat their young. o_O Yuzu, these things are not cute. Bees maybe, but not these wasps!

(I'm have a "Yuzu, are you freakkin' Luna Lovegood?" moment)

His interest in research regarding every aspect of competitive skating and his keen thirst in academics does make him very Ravenclaw indeed. But let's not forget that Hermione was also like that. His comeback and determination and bravery to fight the Olympic demon makes him a roaring Griffindon. And how he goofs with his his fellow skaters and his friendship with hia rivals and his general goofiness makes him slightly Hufflepuff too. But ultimately for me too, he is a Slytherin, just because of this Olympics. Him keeping all his cards close to his heart and revealing tactfully just enough to make his competition on their edge, but not showing any weakness for them to even think that they have a claim to the throne, being so happy on ice and landing almost everything while laughing off any mis-jumps and finally that 5 jump combo in the face of Nathan chen, knowingly or unknowingly; pure Slytherin. I say knowingly. 

PS: I don't believe in the segregation of children according to their characters and raising them like crops. And as much as I love Harry Potter, that's a flaw that I realised later on and that Harry could have used valuable inputs from few Slytherins and Tom wouldn't grow up to be so evil if he had few Hufflepuff buddies. 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

On a side note, looking at the wikipedia page for the asian paper wasps that Yuzu researched in Summer, how the heck are these things cute?

They eat catepillars, have a subspecies that is considered invasive in New Zealand, and eat their young. o_O Yuzu, these things are not cute. Bees maybe, but not these wasps!

Or rather Hagrid :laughing: 

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

Ah, when the snake and the lion shake hands on it together, great things happen. (*We hope-while our hair gets collectively sacrified*)

HELL NO! Not cute! Snakes are cute though.

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

We've reached Harry Potter?? :2thumbsup: I'm a Gryffindor

Agree with Xen that he's pretty borderline, but against all odds I think he's less likely to be a Slytherin more than any other. He has the knick of it, but the other qualities like humbleness, hard working and caring traits just out-shone it. As in, when it comes down to choice, he will choose to be a different person than Slytherin (sounds exactly like the protagonist, typical Yuzu).

While he skates it's kind of an individual battle that doesn't involve others but you fighting against yourself, so I can understand why that side of him comes out more strongly. But in the bigger picture I'd say

30% Gryffindor, 30% Hufflepuff, 30% Ravenclaw, 10% Slytherin

8 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

We've reached Harry Potter?? :2thumbsup: I'm a Gryffindor

Agree with Xen that he's pretty borderline, but against all odds I think he's less likely to be a Slytherin more than any other. He has the knick of it, but the other qualities like humbleness, hard working and caring traits just out-shone it. As in, when it comes down to choice, he will choose to be a different person than Slytherin (sounds exactly like the protagonist, typical Yuzu).

While he skates it's kind of an individual battle that doesn't involve others but you fighting against yourself, so I can understand why that side of him comes out more strongly. But in the bigger picture I'd say

30% Gryffindor, 30% Hufflepuff, 30% Ravenclaw, 10% Slytherin

To me he is the protagonist in Gryffindor. I cnt imagine him being anything else lol. Brave as a lion. Fearless. 

1 minute ago, cinemacoconut said:

To me he is the protagonist in Gryffindor. I cnt imagine him being anything else lol. Brave as a lion. Fearless. 

Ahhhh~ I don't wanna say that I totally think his Gryfffindor is the strongest :4:

But since he is as caring as he is brave, as clever as he is daring, it's so hard to draw a line between the 3 houses. Since a Gryfffindor can be kind and smart, a Hufflepuff can be bold and sacrificing, I'll just leave it there but I LOWKEY thinks he is a Griffindor after all :peek:

I stand firm that he's not a Slytherin though. Not that it's bad, I just don't think he is.

• Hydroblade changed the title to What Hogwarts house would Yuzu belong to?