Team Canada

5 hours ago, Anni said:

Nice interview!  Thank you for sharing! 

He had a rough season last year, but the story of his fight is quite inspiring.  I hope he can stay on until the post-Olys season as he hopes.  I also hope he can to shows outside NA, as he clearly loves to perform and is a crowd-pleaser.

I sympathize with his desire to compete.  Still, I rather doubt 4CC will happen in Australia.  Especially after what's been going on in Victoria, I doubt they will want to open themselves to additional sources of infection.  IIRC the fed gov't wasn't interested in allowing international flights, even before that surge?  Hopefully ISU will give AUS a new event to host before Keegan retires and he can get a new hat!

13 hours ago, Songster01 said:

Nice interview!  Thank you for sharing! 

He had a rough season last year, but the story of his fight is quite inspiring.  I hope he can stay on until the post-Olys season as he hopes.  I also hope he can to shows outside NA, as he clearly loves to perform and is a crowd-pleaser.

I sympathize with his desire to compete.  Still, I rather doubt 4CC will happen in Australia.  Especially after what's been going on in Victoria, I doubt they will want to open themselves to additional sources of infection.  IIRC the fed gov't wasn't interested in allowing international flights, even before that surge?  Hopefully ISU will give AUS a new event to host before Keegan retires and he can get a new hat!

My understanding is that Qantas cancelled all their international flights until March 2021. I don't know if all flights to Australia are suspended but the chances of 4CC being held there are low IMO. ISU would be better off moving it, if they can. 

2 hours ago, Anni said:

Skate Canada Announces 2020-21 National Team

Eg2fPxiXcAIsN1x?format=jpg&name=small

https://skatecanada.ca/2020/09/skate-canada-announces-2020-21-national-team/

Team Canada
men ladies pairs ice dance
Roman Sadovsky Emily Bausback Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Nam Nguyen Alison Schumacher Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Keegan Messing Madeline Schizas   Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
      Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen

2 hours ago, Paskud said:
Team Canada
men ladies pairs ice dance
Roman Sadovsky Emily Bausback Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Nam Nguyen Alison Schumacher Evelyn Walsh / Trennt Michaud Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha
Keegan Messing Madeline Schizas   Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
      Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen

Kind of sad that we can only come up with two pairs teams at the moment.

I take this announcement as a sign that Skate Canada is committed to moving forward with the season in whatever form they can manage and probably won't be cancelling everything, but it's 2020 so who knows?

I see Gabby is not mentioned at all.  No idea if that means she's taking the season off to heal more, retiring, or something else.  She was doing that beauty contest recently, but I've no idea if that panned out or not, given restrictions here affecting many events.  She's been through so much; I wish her all the best whatever she's decided.

Conrad, Joseph P, Aurora Cotop are among those not mentioned in the senior team either.  Conrad was on the senior national team last year, so was Aurora iirc.  I forget if Joseph was to move up this year, but he's not listed in juniors either.  Stephen G no longer given senior funding, as he was last year iirc, but at least he's got junior funding.  Overall, it looks like SC funding is much more conservative for seniors this year, given we don't know what events will actually happen, planned or not. 

I think TCC has had Alison under their care for multiple years, even though she was listed under another club and was connected strongly with Lee until last season.  In fact I suspect the change from Lee B. may have happened last season, as Alison was with TCC coaches (I think the same team as listed on the SC website) at CNats last year.  I had been wondering if they were "sharing" with Lee, or if the change just hadn't been announced.  Amelia was def with TCC also last year and went with Conrad, Jason, and Corey to China if memory serves.  Of course Amelia and Alison were juniors (and Amelia still in Next Gen this season), so if you meant a senior Canadian woman, then you are absolutely right. 

11 hours ago, Songster01 said:

I see Gabby is not mentioned at all.  No idea if that means she's taking the season off to heal more, retiring, or something else.  She was doing that beauty contest recently, but I've no idea if that panned out or not, given restrictions here affecting many events.  She's been through so much; I wish her all the best whatever she's decided.

Conrad, Joseph P, Aurora Cotop are among those not mentioned in the senior team either.  Conrad was on the senior national team last year, so was Aurora iirc.  I forget if Joseph was to move up this year, but he's not listed in juniors either.  Stephen G no longer given senior funding, as he was last year iirc, but at least he's got junior funding.  Overall, it looks like SC funding is much more conservative for seniors this year, given we don't know what events will actually happen, planned or not. 

I think TCC has had Alison under their care for multiple years, even though she was listed under another club and was connected strongly with Lee until last season.  In fact I suspect the change from Lee B. may have happened last season, as Alison was with TCC coaches (I think the same team as listed on the SC website) at CNats last year.  I had been wondering if they were "sharing" with Lee, or if the change just hadn't been announced.  Amelia was def with TCC also last year and went with Conrad, Jason, and Corey to China if memory serves.  Of course Amelia and Alison were juniors (and Amelia still in Next Gen this season), so if you meant a senior Canadian woman, then you are absolutely right. 

I originally said senior woman but then wasn't sure if I was right about Amanda being senior so redacted it. Anyway, I wonder if SC has decided to pare the team down to a bare minimum this year simply because of the way everything is going - they may have been depending on the money from ticket sales to fund part of the team and that's obviously not going to be available now. 

It's not as if Conrad, Joseph & co aren't training. But training and being named to the team are two different things. The more i look at it, the more this team selection looks like a contingency plan. Like 'here's who's going, if competitions take place, but they probably won't take place'.