Team Canada

Slightly OT/controversial but I follow Gabby's new fitness IG account and it made me even more sure that she might not have overcome her eating disorder. I was suspicious because in her main IG account she still puts a lot of emphasis on her body and "owning her haters" and now most of her content revolves around that. It makes me so worried how much of her focus is still put in her body :( she even said once she doesn't follow other skaters because she would automatically compare herself to them.

7 minutes ago, anski said:

Slightly OT/controversial but I follow Gabby's new fitness IG account and it made me even more sure that she might not have overcome her eating disorder. I was suspicious because in her main IG account she still puts a lot of emphasis on her body and "owning her haters" and now most of her content revolves around that. It makes me so worried how much of her focus is still put in her body :( she even said once she doesn't follow other skaters because she would automatically compare herself to them.

It's not uncommon for people to "recover" from eating disorders and become fitness obsessed. I've had to unfollow her because I find it too distressing. I hope her parents have the tools they need to help her through it but it seems they help her take photos and videos for her account. 

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's not uncommon for people to "recover" from eating disorders and become fitness obsessed. I've had to unfollow her because I find it too distressing. I hope her parents have the tools they need to help her through it but it seems they help her take photos and videos for her account. 

That’s what I thought too. I really hope she gets help.

Canadian National Team in the 2019/20 Season

https://skatecanada.ca/2019/07/skate-canada-announces-2019-2020-national-team/

• Men: Nam Nguyen, Stephen Gogolev, Keegan Messing, Nicolas Nadeau, Roman Sadovsky, Conrad Orzel
  • Ladies: Gabrielle Daleman, Aurora Cotop, Véronik Mallet
  • Pairs: Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Walsh/Michaud, Ruest/Wolfe, Ilyushechkina/Bilodeau
  • Ice Dance: Gilles/Poirier, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Soucisse/Firus, Lajoi/Lagha, Sales/Wamsteeker

It seems Alaine is taking the season off or she's retiring :( 

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Canadian National Team in the 2019/20 Season

https://skatecanada.ca/2019/07/skate-canada-announces-2019-2020-national-team/

• Men: Nam Nguyen, Stephen Gogolev, Keegan Messing, Nicolas Nadeau, Roman Sadovsky, Conrad Orzel
  • Ladies: Gabrielle Daleman, Aurora Cotop, Véronik Mallet
  • Pairs: Moore-Towers/Marinaro, Walsh/Michaud, Ruest/Wolfe, Ilyushechkina/Bilodeau
  • Ice Dance: Gilles/Poirier, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Soucisse/Firus, Lajoi/Lagha, Sales/Wamsteeker

It seems Alaine is taking the season off or she's retiring :( 

Hmm ... Gogolev is turning senior already?