1 minute ago, katonice said:

Woah Gracie vs Evgenia early in the season. 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a competition there anymore. But crossing my fingers for Gracie to find her motivation again. 

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Grant Hochstein, Gracie Gold and Caroline Zhang will be competing at the Ondrej Nepela Trophy

Wow, couple of big names there, especially ladies. 

I definitely plan to go this year again since it's just 1h driving from my town and tickets are so ridiculously cheap. I've never seen Gracie live before, so I'm looking forward to see her and wishing her good start of new season :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:.  

2 hours ago, moni said:

Wow, couple of big names there, especially ladies. 

I definitely plan to go this year again since it's just 1h driving from my town and tickets are so ridiculously cheap. I've never seen Gracie live before, so I'm looking forward to see her and wishing her good start of new season :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:.  

Yes, this will be a good competition. Tickets are reallllly cheap too, so it is definitely worth it! I've heard that the entrance was free last year, were you there?

I was considering to go this year because I live not far away either, but I might not have time and it's the same week as ACI too.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

So apparently Vincent is no longer skating to Romeo and Juliet and has a Moulin Rouge FS now.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/08/24/250373458?tcid=tw_share

(wonder if this was due to them reading internet reactions on it or if they just decided on their own to do so)

Probably a bit of both? I know they show their programs at Champs Camp and get feedback from USFS judges and coaches. They might've not receive good feedback from the program there as well. I do hope it's not solely from the negative internet reactions. I do think it's a good decision ultimately. Less distraction with comparisons to another skater's programs (be it Yuzu or anyone else...).

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

So apparently Vincent is no longer skating to Romeo and Juliet and has a Moulin Rouge FS now.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/08/24/250373458?tcid=tw_share

(wonder if this was due to them reading internet reactions on it or if they just decided on their own to do so)

Nooo! I liked the R&J, maybe because it reminded me of Yuzuru's. Well, I thought he should skate to what he wants. But if this makes more sense...

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, this will be a good competition. Tickets are reallllly cheap too, so it is definitely worth it! I've heard that the entrance was free last year, were you there?

I was considering to go this year because I live not far away either, but I might not have time and it's the same week as ACI too.

Yes I was and it really was for free but there weren't many big names. It looks much more interesting this year. Not sure if I can be there for all 3 days but I'm definitely going to be there on Saturday for ladies and men FS. 

On 8/24/2017 at 4:23 PM, katonice said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. But somehow, I'm imagining that Gracie might surprise us all. 

Hopefully but some of the news about the camp wasn't the best; seems like motivation is still an issue and when that happens, it's really difficult to get back to it. I'm crossing my fingers for her but going head on with Zhenya that early may not be the best thing. Depends, tough to call right now.