20 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Hopefully but some of the news about the camp wasn't the best; seems like motivation is still an issue and when that happens, it's really difficult to get back to it. I'm crossing my fingers for her but going head on with Zhenya that early may not be the best thing. Depends, tough to call right now.

Yeah, I just listened to Lynn Rutherford's interview about Champs Camp, and even she couldn't seem to summon up a lot of encouraging things to say about Gracie's condition at the moment. Which is... not a good indication, esp. when she was being all positive and almost all praises for all the other skaters. But yes let's wait and see.

1 hour ago, katonice said:

Uhm, is this really confirmed? Is Ashley really ditching La La Land and going back to Moulin Rouge?

Wow... after all the hype and the 'making of' snippets. I wonder what happened for her to go back to Moulin Rouge.

Something in that Champs Camp is making skaters change programs...

Did Vincent really change his program because of Champs Camp? The timing of the interview where he mentioned he'd changed his FS was right at the end of Champs Camp, yes, but it looked like to me he'd already worked on it and that seems unlikely to have been done in between the time he skated it for the Champs Camp's judge panel and the interview where he mentioned the change. 

And apparently the TSL tweet says there was no La La Land program at all, so did Ashley already decide to change it for Champs Camp and not skate it there at all?

Either way, lots of Moulin Rouge at Team USA. 

9 hours ago, xeyra said:

Did Vincent really change his program because of Champs Camp? The timing of the interview where he mentioned he'd changed his FS was right at the end of Champs Camp, yes, but it looked like to me he'd already worked on it and that seems unlikely to have been done in between the time he skated it for the Champs Camp's judge panel and the interview where he mentioned the change. 

And apparently the TSL tweet says there was no La La Land program at all, so did Ashley already decide to change it for Champs Camp and not skate it there at all?

Either way, lots of Moulin Rouge at Team USA. 

Could they have received feedback immediately after he participated in Skate Detroit?

I'm not sure how the Champs Camp feedback system works, but maybe they already received comments from USFS after his summer comp, and advised him to come up with an alternative program for assessment at Champs Camp.

From the article where they announced the FP change, it seems they already had the program ready prior to the camp http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/08/24/250373458/champs-camp-chatter-zhou-gets-new-free-skate

Prior to Champs Camp, though, he and his coaching team -- including Tammy Gambill in Riverside, California, and Drew Meekins and Tom Zakrajsek, who are based in Colorado Springs -- decided to go in a different direction.

"The new program is to (music from) Moulin Rouge, it was done by Jeff Buttle, and it's absolutely amazing," the skater said last week. "This is only the second day of it, so it's nowhere near where it's going to be, but I feel like it's already very good. Of course, I have a lot to go, and we're working on it."

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

well, it doesn't look like 2018 is in the cards for Gracie. but I hope she won't retire because of this and will aim for 2022, but I'm not super hopeful.

So the recent photos of her might be Photoshopped...