Team Russia

23 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Well true that and yes, you can totally do the design!

While on this topic, I do wonder how her FS is considering TAT went into ecstasy after having seen it, and even if we take just 50% of it as true, considering she can exaggerate, it still sounds pretty good. Can't wait for those test skates.

Hopefully it's good! Her LP last season IMO wasn't good enough for her, and maybe a better one will make her catch a bit less flack. She'll still have plenty of detractors for winning stuff & other curiosities, but still.

4 minutes ago, katonice said:

That's so sad. I didn't know she was suffering from something like that :cry:

I suspected it - there's nothing else that can be treated for such a long time. I wish her to be happy in whatever she chooses to do - I don't think she'll choose a public career, though. So sad for her...

I'm crushed to hear this... I hope she will continue to get the help she needs, because as far as experience tells me, anorexia doesn't just go away. Julia seemed like a sensitive, mentally strong yet frail, talented young girl to me and if I think about all the torture and pain she must have went through because of that disorder, I just feel sick. 

Guest turquoiseblue

:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:  

You have brought me so much joy and happiness. Thank you so much, Julia, you are a true performer, artist and fighter :10742289::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I wish you all the best in your future endeavours :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: 

Guest turquoiseblue

Russian Olympic champion in figure skating Lipnitskaya wraps up sports career, 28 August 2017

"Yulia informed the management of the federation (RFSF) about her decision to wrap up with her career back in April after returning from Europe, where she underwent three-month treatment from anorexia," Lipnitskaya’s mother said in an interview with TASS.

"We are grateful to Telesport company, which helped Yulia at that difficult period of time," she said. "I would like to point out that she is currently paid Olympic stipend only and is not receiving salary from the federation although she is still listed on the reserve roster of the national team."

RFSF President Alexander Gorshkov told TASS that the federation did not receive official documents from Lipnitskaya stating her decision to end sports career.

"Although listed in the reserve roster, Yulia is still a part of the Russian national team," Gorshkov said in an interview with TASS after asked to comment on the statement of Lipnitskaya’s mother.

"I cannot make statement based on gossips since my post obliges me to be guided by facts only," Gorshkov said. "We have to wait for an official statement for Yulia as now we are in the middle of gossips."