Team Russia

5 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I meant mentally. Because physically it is much less worrying I think.

As you pointed out in your previous post, we actually don't know that. But the signs so far have pointed the other way. 

I think Alena is in a very difficult situation either way. She didn't do that bad at the Cup Final considering she's recovering from illness(es), and that she hasn't been able to compete for....3 months? Which is a lot. She is very harsh on herself in that interview. But she said she couldn't fully motivate herself while she was training with AoP and she thought if Eteri was there she'd do everything that is required from her. Only she knows how unmotivated she felt there. I think Plushenko tried to help her in some ways but he probably gave too much freedom to Rozanov who, like Plushy, isn't a very experienced coach. Some skaters need more push and Alena may be one of them. Trusova on the other hand seems to be a different character, someone who is able to motivate herself more. 

For Alena, it was too late to switch to any other coaches because next year is Olympics. On paper she belongs to Sambo70 this season and because she was already familiar with the requirements, the environment, the only obvious choice seemed be to go back to Khrustalny. I don't know if she will succeed with them again, the race for the Olympic spots will be huge and there's a chance her body won't hold up. With Plushenko maybe she would have been too unmotivated for next season, with Eteri her body may break even before the season starts. It's really difficult for her.

I can only wish her good health and hope for the best, she's still my amongst my favourite ladies skaters, no matter what happens to her.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I think Alena is in a very difficult situation either way. She didn't do that bad at the Cup Final considering she's recovering from illness(es), and that she hasn't been able to compete for....3 months? Which is a lot. She is very harsh on herself in that interview. But she said she couldn't fully motivate herself while she was training with AoP and she thought if Eteri was there she'd do everything that is required from her. Only she knows how unmotivated she felt there. I think Plushenko tried to help her in some ways but he probably gave too much freedom to Rozanov who, like Plushy, isn't a very experienced coach. Some skaters need more push and Alena may be one of them. Trusova on the other hand seems to be a different character, someone who is able to motivate herself more. 

For Alena, it was too late to switch to any other coaches because next year is Olympics. On paper she belongs to Sambo70 this season and because she was already familiar with the requirements, the environment, the only obvious choice seemed be to go back to Khrustalny. I don't know if she will succeed with them again, the race for the Olympic spots will be huge and there's a chance her body won't hold up. With Plushenko maybe she would have been too unmotivated for next season, with Eteri her body may break even before the season starts. It's really difficult for her.

I can only wish her good health and hope for the best, she's still my amongst my favourite ladies skaters, no matter what happens to her.

Alexandra Trusova has a different team though. And I don't think Eteri Tutberidze wants to break her in any way. The fact is this sport is heavy on athletes' bodies, and the muscle memory method is harsh. I really hope she can go through it. (Not only because I wish to see her skate beautifully again!)

Team Tutberidze already blatantly bragging about how they get to circumvent even the loosey-goosey COVID protocols the ISU has limply extended for Worlds:

original article

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/chempionat-mira/news/trenerskiy-shtab-tutberidze-poedet-na-chempionat-mira-v-polnom-sostave-1768493/

translation:

What a circus. 

:headdesk:

14 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Team Tutberidze already blatantly bragging about how they get to circumvent even the loosey-goosey COVID protocols the ISU has limply extended for Worlds:

original article

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/chempionat-mira/news/trenerskiy-shtab-tutberidze-poedet-na-chempionat-mira-v-polnom-sostave-1768493/

translation:

What a circus. 

:headdesk:

And I really don't understand why.

And "don't start me" on Yuzuru Hanyu's having two coaches, when counting "Washable Yuzu Pooh". Because Pooh isn't an official coach for ISU. :dancingpooh:

The worst of it maybe, is bragging about it.

EDIT : In addition to one coach per skater or pair, one official per team is allowed; so, maybe one of the three TeamTutberidze coaches has been appointed team official, then Layshev wouldn't go? Or maybe several Russian Pairs/Ice Dance pairs share the same coach and one team proposed a Tutberidze coach to be their coach?

Edit 2 Twist Plot : Imagine Alexandra Trusova moving back to Team Tutberidze, still unannounced...

Edit 3 : A rumour says that Alexei Mishin, who has 3 students at Worlds (Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Mikhail Kolyada, Evgeni Semenenko), would go there with only one assistant, and would have invited a Team Tutberidze coach for the other of his students. Even if this is true, I wonder what he can think of Renat Laishev's declaration.

• 2 weeks later...

Dobroskokov

(Pavlyuchenko) has mononucleosis. This is when the body is weakened and malfunctions in the system, the spleen increases in size. There is a virus in the body that, under heavy loads and nervous experiences, works as a trigger. Now you need to bring it back to normal, and this is about two to three months of treatment. The couple will recover and prepare for the new season.
Dasha's treatment takes place at home, and Denis trains according to the full program, performs all triples. The Olympic year awaits us, and we intend to fight in it.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20210329/pavlyuchenko-1603267582.html

Has anyone else seen the clip of Zhenya training with Eteri that TSL had in one of their insta stories today? It looks like it's from a documentary or something. Poor girl is jumping and falling and rewatching it on a laptop at the boards before going at it again and jumping, falling, reviewing, again and again and again while Eteri asks her things like "What would you give yourself positive [GOE] for?" and saying things like "only your standing position in that spin could be called beautiful". And then Zhenya is at her jumps again, crying while trying combinations but falling on the second jump. Just heartbreaking. Imagine how that must feel after her time with Tracy and Brian. I bet their hearts would break seeing this footage.

1 hour ago, memae said:

Has anyone else seen the clip of Zhenya training with Eteri that TSL had in one of their insta stories today? It looks like it's from a documentary or something. Poor girl is jumping and falling and rewatching it on a laptop at the boards before going at it again and jumping, falling, reviewing, again and again and again while Eteri asks her things like "What would you give yourself positive [GOE] for?" and saying things like "only your standing position in that spin could be called beautiful". And then Zhenya is at her jumps again, crying while trying combinations but falling on the second jump. Just heartbreaking. Imagine how that must feel after her time with Tracy and Brian. I bet their hearts would break seeing this footage.

That clip must've been a while ago right? Because she looks way younger in that clip.

13 minutes ago, memae said:

Ohh... maybe? I thought it was just that she wasn't wearing makeup. I hope it's old then.

yea i wonder. it seemed like the documentary was made recently, because they talk about her losing (at the olympics). but in the footage she looks so young, idk. Like pre-PC. 

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

yea i wonder. it seemed like the documentary was made recently, because they talk about her losing (at the olympics). but in the footage she looks so young, idk. Like pre-PC. 

I think she also lost a lot of weight recently, which might make her look younger (just from her frame). 

She's such a bright spark in the sport. I just really want the best for her. Seeing her cry is gut-wrenching