Team Russia

Rumor has it that Kosto's new FP is Experience. 

I hope it is not true, not because I don't like Experience but it's such a warhorse at this point. Also, SLB has choreographed Experience before for Mariah Bell. There are bound to be comparisons ans similarities.

The problem is her new FP was approved by Lakernik and I have an inkling feeling that an old man like him would go for warhorses :shrug:

Aliev

I only went to the hospital for a lung examination (CT). In the first week it seemed that there was a lesion in the lungs. On the second week, the scan showed even more damage to the lungs. And then he let go, the state was kept at the same level. I began to feel the taste, and was already cheerful. And when I got sick, could not move at all. Shackled part of the back, pelvis, broken bones. I could not sleep, woke up in pain, put a blanket on the floor and lay there - it was easier on the floor. I don't know if the coronavirus has affected my back pain or not. I did not feel any tastes or smells, then the taste appeared sharply, my body felt better. In general, this is a serious illness. Although I was ill, not in a severe form, but probably in a moderate one.

In Sochi, when I arrived at the training camp and went out on the ice, I felt that my head was spinning, my state was lethargic, I was sweating a lot, although I did only two laps. When I skated the model of the program without jumps, but the entire program, I realized that I could not focus on anything. When I rotate and make elements, there is no focus, no mobilization. You need to control where you go, but it turned out so that I did not understand where I was. Although the jumps - quadruple lutz and toe loop - I did on the first day. Evgeny Vladimirovich (Rukavitsyn) hoped that we would play at the Russian championship, he thought that we would work and everything would be fine. And when I made element by element, I barely drove up to the second one. And to this day, to this day, there is such a feeling. But I feel that the form will grow and it will go away. When in January we tried to skate programs in bundles and pieces, it was no longer the same as after an illness. The condition has improved.

(...)

Now everything has become familiar. When it all started, it was hard. We trained at home. But I am very glad that in this situation they find an opportunity for athletes to perform and not sit at home. Thanks to our federation for the fact that athletes compete, despite the fact that they limit the number of spectators. How do I feel about the pandemic? This is nature, you need to experience it. It's good that it turns out to hold tournaments, albeit with restrictions, but there is a sports life, sports live on.

As an athlete, I am in a state of obscurity. I do not like it when they say that there will be a tournament, and then they say no. At the beginning it was like this: they tell me that there will be no tournament, and I relax, then they say that there will be, and I got up and ran. Internally, this causes some kind of psychological, emotional decline. When there was a serious quarantine in the spring, a lot was thought out too. Of course, as an athlete, canceling the World Cup was a difficult moment for me. I was at my peak and I had one start left, I wanted to give all of myself, immerse myself in this tournament. I went to the USA for the training camp before the championship, loaded, and then they announced that he would not be. I remember that then I almost shed a tear. Sports life is already very short, and you won't have time to fit everything you want: somewhere there is an injury, somewhere a disease. And then you know that you are at your peak, and the cancellation is perceived as mourning. In all other respects, I just try to monitor my health. Although still ill.

https://www.olympicchannel.com/ru/stories/news/detail/дмитрии-алиев-когда-душа-на-распашку-контроля-ноль/

12 hours ago, Paskud said:

And he also attended Leonova's birthday party, probably he already got sick at the time :Poohgaveup:

And now see what's happened to him. I'm both so sad and mad, and then worried :( 

European Champion Alena Kostornaya will not take part in the Channel One Cup team tournament, which will be held in the capital Megasport on February 5-7.

By the decision of the trainer and the athlete, due to incomplete recovery from illness, the skater will not be able to perform at this tournament. 

https://fsrussia.ru/news/5364-alena-kostornaya-ne-primet-uchastiya-v-kubke-pervogo-kanala.html

22 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Medvedeva and Zagitova from today

They're both skating well. I was worried that Zhenya wouldn't have the stamina for a program after being sick with COVID but she seems have gotten through it okay, which makes me feel relieved. 

The free skating has just begun

Channel One Trophy: Free Skating - YouTube

20 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

They're both skating well. I was worried that Zhenya wouldn't have the stamina for a program after being sick with COVID but she seems have gotten through it okay, which makes me feel relieved. 

Zhenya looks better than how she looked before at Russian Nationals gala. Zagitova's skating however looks labored and slow and her posture isn't good either.