Team Russia

Zhenya is indeed skating while on vacation. She's in Kyoto, this is Shoya Ichihashi, a pair skater

Google translate says they practiced there and her aura as the queen of the world is amazing!

Will she get any rest this year? Like really ???!!! Please tell me there's no ice rink in Hainan...

I'm sure it's smth related to FAOI... There are rumors that Plushenko is also in Kyoto so this June should be very interesting!

Inna Goncharenko, Ilya Averbukh and Maxim Kovtun

Are they working on new programs? Any news?

Yeah, the news is that Averbukh choreographed both programs for Kovtun. We don't know what the music choice is, though.

Pasquale Camerlengo sounds fabulous for Anna P! I'm a bit sad that he doesn't seem to choreograph as much for the top skaters, his programs for Akiko Suzuki and Daisuke Takahashi were standouts of their career. I remember he said he wanted to choreograph for Yuzuru at one point, a long time ago. Maybe post-Olympics? :pbow:

Glad to see Misha Ge choreographing a bunch of Russian skaters, especially Voronov, who has a soft spot in my heart. :space:

Thanks for the updates everyone!

Yeah, the news is that Averbukh choreographed both programs for Kovtun. We don't know what the music choice is, though.

Wow.. That's a bit surprising... Did he feel that he needs a change in the Olympic season? I was like 80% sure that he'll work with Peter Tchernyshev again...

But anyways he smiles and seems satisfied so I'll just wish him good luck and finding confidence with his new programs.

xeyra said:
Wasn't Averbukh supposed to be exclusively choreographing for Zhenya for the Olympic season or was that just for the ladies side?

Averbukh has always been known for keeping his word (wink here)... so Maxim must have had some very special qualities for Ilya! :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

hi hilarious Averbukh changed his  .mind after all the pomp about doing choreo for Zhenya only. But good. Now she can hopefully stray too 

Aww, Irene gloves. I wonder if Yuzuru sent her those, it would be so cute :59182a8d937bc_biggrin(1):

Hey, it would only be fair, she gave him presents before too. Anf I'm sure Yuzu knows how to treat ladies. Especially cute ones. ;)

And yes yes, get a no Averblah program Zhenya!