Team Russia

(I've read that S/K had "fever" too, but I can't seem to find the sources so take that as rumour)

I must say, the timing of all these" pneumonia" and other ailments is highly suspicious. Especially since earlier in the season covid+ were found left and right but now, suddenly, so many russian skaters are sick but no covid+ anymore? And this while covid cases are soaring again in Russia? :scratch3:

Also, even admitting all those people really aren't covid+ and there's just some other pathogen spreading like wildfire in their ranks, protocols to avoid covid should work in reducing spread of any other respiratory disease too (common flu even has lower ability to spread, so precautions should work a lot better), so the fact that everyone keeps getting sick left and right (and apparently with more severe symptoms than what happened in sept/october) it means that... 1) the covid protocols are laughable or 2) no one bothers to follow them. In both cases, that ISU let COR happen in those conditions says (once more) how (little) they care about actual prevention (looking how they held a completely unnecessary indoor banquet, without masks and social distancing, I think it's a most likely combo of both)

(If WC goes on as it's likely IMO, one will have to trust that Swedish authorities will be stricter than Russians, 'cause ISU won't bother. And currently I don't really trust Sweden as much as I'd trust, say, South Korea or China or even Canada)

Not surprising that S/K got a bye for Nats, Rusfed is ruthless but not that dumb. But this also mean that, just as I thought, Vika didn't really need to skate on injured knee in that russian cup stage some weeks ago...:sigh:

I'm doubtful that Zhenya can get a similar bye tbh, she had the worst of luck this whole summer/autumn but tbh she is in a different position (SK are Euro champs, russian top team and they did compete and won RC), so Rus fed has less reasons to "protect" her... and most important, would she even be fit and well trained in one month? Going to nats in the condition she was in at test skates would hardly be good for herbody:/ (if she won't be at Nats her place in the national team is even more up in the air) :/:/

Hope all skaters with pneumonia fever/colds/injured knees/backs will recover (and that fed people will finally start caring about them)

There is a possibility that Medvedeva will be allowed to go to Nationals

Source

President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKR) Aleksandr Gorshkov in a commentary "RBC Sport" did not rule out the participation of figure skater Evgenia Medvedeva in the Russian championship, despite the fact that she missed all the stages of the Cup of the country and thus did not fulfill the criterion of selection for the national championship.

"She is recovering, she will not compete at the Russian Cup. As for the selection for the Russian championship, the federation and the executive committee will try to do everything to support our athletes," he said, answering a question about Medvedeva's possible participation.

Russian figure skater Dmitry Aliev, fell ill with pneumonia, a source familiar with the situation told RIA Novosti. The skater is currently being treated at home.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201202/aliev-1587412807.html

The Russian Championship will take place on December 24-27 in Chelyabinsk. The capacity of the Traktor arena is 7,500 spectators. "The stands will be filled to 35% of the arena's capacity. In total, about 2300 tickets will be on sale, one thousand of which are already on sale. The price range of the first wave of sales is from 400 to 1000 rubles. The second wave may be more expensive," reported in the organizing committee.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201202/figuristy-1587398684.html

12 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Get better soon, Dima!

It is a bit strange, now that Nationals are getting closer, Russian skaters have pneumonia or cold but no new cases of Covid even though many skaters were infected with coronavirus before. I am a bit skeptical about all these news lately...

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Get better soon, Dima!

It is a bit strange, now that Nationals are getting closer, Russian skaters have pneumonia or cold but no new cases of Covid even though many skaters were infected with coronavirus before. I am a bit skeptical about all these news lately...

Because what is COVID pneumonia ? I don't know her. 

But also, party hard amidst a global pandemic :tif:

And the mysterious pneumonia keeps spreading...:crazyshit2:

I'm running out of facepalms for rusfed.

AND for skaters too, tbh. While authorities pretending all is good can certainly make people more careless, at this point, so many months into a pandemic, I expect more personal responsability than what I've been seeing.

There's a respiratory virus around (and one that keeps proving how easily it can overhelm healthcare systems, if it's left run unchecked). How hard it is to understand that you should NOT share the friggin air you breath with others? (and if you must share air, at least filter through proper masks). Skaters attending health hazard events because they're pressured to compete there, I can still understand. But private parties are a choice.

31 минуту назад, LadyLou сказал:

I'm running out of facepalms for rusfed.

Not a fan of RusFed, but don't think they have anything to do with diagnosis, others just decided to keep official statistic good.

And when there was several big music concerts in St. Petersburg some days ago, what's with the small birthday party? You're asking for responsibility in the wrong place :emoticonaci2019_2: