Team Russia

13 hours ago, Deliverpooh said:

Put this in the ladies 3A and Quads topic, but thought it deserves a post here as well:clap:

The fact Lisa can land a 3A without having any kind of forward motion impulse from her arms is fantastic. Even Yuzu needs that impulse  but Lisa just casually jumps one without moving her arms much.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

The fact Lisa can land a 3A without having any kind of forward motion impulse from her arms is fantastic. Even Yuzu needs that impulse  but Lisa just casually jumps one without moving her arms much.

I'm just like :jaw:How is that even possible? She defies all laws of physics for me. One second she is just there on the ice and then boooom she is up in the air, how??? 

21 hours ago, xeyra said:

That's the most noticeable thing that has changed. She used to pull her arms back. Apparently ladies don't do it as much because inertia of getting arms into position when jump needs faster than usual rotation anyway. Yuzu is just magic when it comes to the axel.

21 hours ago, xeyra said:

I know right? She just looked so relaxed! 

I hope her 3A is consistent enough to make her become medal contender again. History has shown that having 3A in ladies is always a big risk, but Liza needs that jump imo. She needs BV advantage to make the GOE and PCS deficit.