Let's show our gratitude to TCC (and not only?)

KatjaThera

53 минуты назад, KatjaThera сказал:

Yes, that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind!

It's size is 20x28 cm and you can add more pages inside if needed.

But we need smb. who can make good collage and maybe a thread for a collective letter?

Ah, yes, collage... I get beautiful ideas in my head, but generally fail spectacularly at putting them into practice.

For the thank you banner, I'm thinking the thank you's being like a mass of colorful post-its or so. Each with Thank You on them. So, if we went with that, we'd need to gather pictures of handwritten thank you's in many languages... Maybe a google drive folder where people can upload would be easiest?

For the TCC collage, too, we should all gather all the pictures we think would fit...

They are a wonderful team. I am sure they get great love and recognition privately (and public acknowledgment) from their skaters, but to be appreciated by fans of skating for their coaching skills (as opposed to their well known skating achievements), would probably please them very much. 

25 минут назад, KatjaThera сказал:

Maybe a google drive folder where people can upload would be easiest?

Or just make a separate mail account for the project (with the access for the organizes)

Ah, yes, collage... I get beautiful ideas in my head, but generally fail spectacularly at putting them into practice.

The same... I can photoshop but not that good

For the TCC collage, too, we should all gather all the pictures we think would fit...

The question is to use pictures from the internet or fan's photos?

Pics with Brian and Yuzu are not a problem, maybe we can find Tracy, others will be harder.

I like the idea of a trophy for 'Best Team' or something they can display at the TCC trophy cabinet - maybe listing the names of the particular coaches we want to thank on the trophy itself, and a small extra one for Brian (it'd be cool if it could be a golden swan to kind of be a bookend to the swan project?). And maybe Tracey?  

And then a message book, maybe with a couple of 'main' photos/artworks and a big 'message on behalf of the group' at the front would be a nice accompaniment to the trophy that they can read when they have time. I liked @gladi's system of having a word limit/art size limit to a post-it note - I imagine it would be logistically easier to organise, design and print that way. 

Ah, that hard cover thing with the possibility of extra pages inside looks so cool, if there was a collage of some sort in it. A trophy or something would be nice, too, and so would a medal, but with medals, we'd miss out many people who're behind the scenes and really important to keeping it all ticking so the skaters can do their best. Medals can't be shared. And a trophy might be expensive if it's going to look nice. Though with medals, we can't possibly do worse than certain GP organisers. Banner might be easier to do but it would be more of a during-event thing, rather than a keepsake for them.

11 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Speaking of trophies I found several ones where you can add your image and text, I'll see if I can check them live though and not only on pics.

https://imgur.com/a/CN5Sm

Those are so cool... though picking one picture might be hard...

11 hours ago, kaerb said:

I like the idea of a trophy for 'Best Team' or something they can display at the TCC trophy cabinet - maybe listing the names of the particular coaches we want to thank on the trophy itself, and a small extra one for Brian (it'd be cool if it could be a golden swan to kind of be a bookend to the swan project?). And maybe Tracey?  

And then a message book, maybe with a couple of 'main' photos/artworks and a big 'message on behalf of the group' at the front would be a nice accompaniment to the trophy that they can read when they have time. I liked @gladi's system of having a word limit/art size limit to a post-it note - I imagine it would be logistically easier to organise, design and print that way. 

The message book has the same issue we've discussed before: we can't know how many messages there will be and so planning is difficult. Also, there's not that much time left. That's actually why I'm personally leaning more towards the three ideas I mentioned earlier. Maybe I'll add a poll later today and people can pick the ideas they like the most?

12 hours ago, Lunna said:

And maybe a special "prize" for Brian, smth. like viewers choice award for best choreo/presentation behind the boards? :goe: Or will it be too much? :laughing: Idk he seems like a person that are OK with such jokes.

OMG, I just had an image of a trophy made like the figure of Brian in that holding on to the boards and lifting his leg up behind pose LOL (maybe someone can find the picture or gif more quickly than me). I think he'd probably LOL

12 hours ago, Neenah said:

Lets try to keep it simple or it would turn into a logistical nightmare :laughing:

And I think it could be ok, if we split it between ourselves. I might try to see what TCC pictures I can find and see if my collage making skills might have improved at all in recent days...

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, that hard cover thing with the possibility of extra pages inside looks so cool, if there was a collage of some sort in it. A trophy or something would be nice, too, and so would a medal, but with medals, we'd miss out many people who're behind the scenes and really important to keeping it all ticking so the skaters can do their best. Medals can't be shared. And a trophy might be expensive if it's going to look nice. Though with medals, we can't possibly do worse than certain GP organisers. Banner might be easier to do but it would be more of a during-event thing, rather than a keepsake for them.

Yes, the trophy is a bit tricky. It might also be heavy and fragile. But we'll see. And we can give them the banner at the end or mail it to them. It's not very likely they'll hang it at TCC, but who knows. They can definitely keep it there... And yes, that's why I say TCC, I want to try to include everyone, from Brian and Tracy to the cleaning staff and the zamboni drivers and so on.

I think if possible, maybe for next season even, we could do a good banner that can be hung up at an event, and then given to team TCC so they could hang it in their offices. ACI, or any series B event or any GP event might give us a chance to run into them and hand a banner. Design wise, maybe we can have "Go Team TCC!" in the center, with outlines/cutout profiles of their main skaters (Yuzu, Javi, Tursynbaeva, Gabby, Cha) surrounding the center.

I'm okay with other ideas, though slightly more inclined towards books or anything more handmade than a medal or trophy (mainly because I find the latter 2 too generic, and if not well done could be tacky?). If you guys need help, ping me. I've got Lunar New Year break coming up next week.

All the ideas are amazing and the only problem is I have literally zero creative skills, so while I can cheer everybody on, maybe point out tacky places (imo obviously), and make my post-it as my input (small, because I get all flowery purple prose-y when I write too long messages) I otherwise am a sitting duck (still grateful sitting duck) if not the actual burden to the crew. Unless you need somebody to come up with ridiculous title to the Brian's Board Choreography Award, if we're going to highlight him :hopelessness:

Actually, now that I think of it, there might be some fans out there not necessarily invested in Yuzu (ie, only Ladies fan/Pairs fan/current TCC Junior fan) who might like to join the making of of this project- after all, TCC also have junior pair and Stephen, right? So, after we decide on one (two? Five?) Thing how about spreading info on the other fangroups?